Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   $35k...Camaro SS or Volt? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6677)

rolnslo 09-09-2008 04:10 PM

$35k...Camaro SS or Volt?

I'm curious how many people here would have a difficult time deciding between dropping $35k on a loaded SS or on a new Volt. Obviously different ends of the spectrum as far as cars go but both are equally important to the future of Chevrolet.

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/ga...fced6274_o.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/ja...S-Official.jpg

The_Blur 09-09-2008 04:17 PM

I will get the Camaro SS without hesitation. If I make a lot of money, I'll get a Volt as a daily driver, after which you can expect my Camaro's horsepower numbers to suddenly become ridiculous because it will be a project car.

The Volt is a wonderful machine, but I need something fast.

ChrisB 09-09-2008 04:26 PM

Sorry but the volt is UGLY and gaz prices arent really an issue for me so ill pass on it

Txturbo 09-09-2008 04:38 PM

I'm getting both.

blackZbandit 09-09-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txturbo (Post 127633)
I'm getting both.

Ditto... but the Camaro FIRST.

shroomjohn 09-09-2008 04:47 PM

thats crazy the volt 35k I know its a great machine but come on is it really worth 10 grand over a prius which I think is over priced. Bring back the damn metro it got like 55 mpg and was 6 grand.:bs:

rolnslo 09-09-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shroomjohn (Post 127640)
thats crazy the volt 35k I know its a great machine but come on is it really worth 10 grand over a prius which I think is over priced. Bring back the damn metro it got like 55 mpg and was 6 grand.:bs:

For people that live in a city and rarely drive more than 30 miles a day, the Volt won't cost them a dime in gas, unlike the Prius. Granted, they are just shifting where their pollution comes from - instead of their tailpipe, it's coming from where ever their electric provider generates power. For some people, spending 10 grand more than a Prius is justified because of the feeling they get from not running a gasoline engine all the time. Not for me, but for some people.

I do have to laugh at the poll results so far...they are exactly what I thought they would be, given the audience. I'm pretty certain they would be exactly the opposite if I posted this on a Volt forum. :D

16yearoldcamarodriver 09-09-2008 04:59 PM

I said Camaro.:bonk:

MB2010CC 09-09-2008 05:14 PM

Camaro without question. Gas isn't that much of an issue. Plus I am sure the A/C works great for the Global Warming I will be contributing to:D .

13F20 09-09-2008 05:16 PM

Are you serious? To even ask a question like that on a forum dedicated to the 5thgen camaro. What did you think the answer would be.

gladiatoro 09-09-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 127644)
For people that live in a city and rarely drive more than 30 miles a day, the Volt won't cost them a dime in gas, unlike the Prius. Granted, they are just shifting where their pollution comes from - instead of their tailpipe, it's coming from where ever their electric provider generates power. For some people, spending 10 grand more than a Prius is justified because of the feeling they get from not running a gasoline engine all the time. Not for me, but for some people.

I do have to laugh at the poll results so far...they are exactly what I thought they would be, given the audience. I'm pretty certain they would be exactly the opposite if I posted this on a Volt forum. :D

They might be shifting where there pollution comes from BUT if it is nuclear power for example then it is a good shift since it creates no GREEN HOUSE GASES see plus there will be much less dependencies on MIDDLE EAST OIL which is a VERY GOOD THING don't you think???

GTAHVIT 09-09-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackZbandit (Post 127636)
Ditto... but the Camaro FIRST.

+1

speedbroker 09-09-2008 05:34 PM

I either work from my home office or travel via airplane so the SS is a no brainer. :burnrubber:

I do believe in a green environment but until the ecotech catches up to the fossil fuel tech in power etc. it will be a hard sell for a lot of us...

fredl11 09-09-2008 05:45 PM

Where?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txturbo (Post 127633)
I'm getting both.

do you plug it in at work? If you go on an extended trip and need to stay at a motel, do you carry your own extension cord to plug it in over night and do you take watch shifts during the night to make sure no one makes off with your chargeing cable ( Bet that is a pretty penny to replace)?

:iono: