Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Please share. Don't text and drive! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174634)

MikeGstayUp 10-02-2011 08:23 PM

Please share. Don't text and drive!

Take a moment to watch this video and share with your loved ones. This really could make a difference. The guy you see below was a passenger and was declared dead 3 times all because his friend was texting while driving. Feel free to put the link in your signature as I did or post on other sites. Thank you camaro5 community for the support!

The Last Text Documentary
AT&T has produced and made available the documentary, "The Last Text" that reveals the extensive impact texting while driving can have on lives, communities, families, and friends. To help youth and youth leaders implement this new tool into their distracted driving prevention program of work, NOYS developed a toolkit to support this documentary. Both are free to download and Use.

http://www.schooltube.com/video/4386...xt-Documentary

The Stig 10-02-2011 08:27 PM

thank you for posting this

MikeGstayUp 10-02-2011 08:31 PM

Your welcome. The video was put together very well. I hope people on here will actually watch it and share it with their kids and others.

weenie25banini 10-02-2011 09:02 PM

Its an eye opener. Thank you! Honestly I do sometimes text when I am at a red light. :/ not ever again.

LimaCharlie 10-02-2011 10:28 PM

Texting is one of the most ignorant and self-centered things you can do on the road. People are just dumb.
I was behind a guy at a light the other day and I saw him looking down at his lap in his driver's side mirror (obviously texting....or sleeping). The light turns green and he doesn't move. I wait about 5 seconds and give him a honk. He looks up suddenly in his rear view mirror and goes. I pass him and he gives me a weird look.
If I see someone do a strange lane change, drive slow in the fast lane, or drive REALLY slow for no reason.....almost all the time they are using their cell phone.
This just goes to show how texting is dangerous and holds up traffic.

SlingShot 10-02-2011 10:34 PM

I wish every State would put a ban on hand holding a phone while driving. And seeing people texting while driving really pisses me off. Any body cought texting while driving, should have their fingers broken one at a time.

Ivas 10-03-2011 06:29 PM

Your far better off without a cellular telephone altogether. The damned things have been shown to provoke brain tumors on the side of the brain closest to the ear to which it had been many times held.

I don't own one, and I have no interest to be bugged further by telephones. The one on the wall here at home and the one at work are PLENTY for me. I've lived happily for fifty-six years without that nuisance, and I don't wanna' new headache (in more than one way).

SleepWarz 10-03-2011 07:29 PM

Good solid message. Thanks for this.

MikeGstayUp 01-04-2012 11:35 PM

Ok so I'm a little disappointed with the moderators. I had originally posted this same thread in the General Discussions sub forum at the same time this was posted. It was there for about 2 months, had over 2000 views and a ton of positive comments and people sharing their stories. Not one complaint, I wasnt told to move it to a different sub forum or given a warning. Then one day it was completely deleted!! I understand there are rules on where to post, but it was there for a couple months with no problems.

So i'm bumping this to remind people the importance of my original message.
-thanks, Mike

dolt45 01-05-2012 11:59 AM

I had a gal try to share my lane with me this very morning. She was staring at her phone.

MikeGstayUp 04-04-2012 10:57 PM

Spring break bump!

Steve Dallas 04-04-2012 11:46 PM

When you drive, please just drive :)

Thanks for sharing this...

KILLER74Z28 04-04-2012 11:48 PM

Strong message... I know a lot of people that need to watch this.

midnighter 04-04-2012 11:54 PM

I seen this before and wow, it's deep for sure.