Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Proposed Bill to give New car buyers tax break (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11732)

GothamCamaro 01-14-2009 11:40 AM

Proposed Bill to give New car buyers tax break

Hi all,

Anyone just watch Fox News on the Proposed bill for a $7500 tax break on all new cars (not just American), 9 month life bill. The first 90 days.. $7500 tax deduction on purchase price and sales tax and interest on loan (did not catch that part too well) ..the Lenders get some break too.

The next 90 days after the first, the tax deduction drops to $5000 and the last 3 months drops to $2500.

This sounds incredible! If they pass this, hell... I MIGHT think about a SS or at least supe up my 2LT/RS.. :happyanim:

Supermans 01-14-2009 11:47 AM

This would be great if the Camaro was arriving within the 90 days however if it does come in in time for a $5,000 tax break, that would help out a lot..

GothamCamaro 01-14-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 247658)
This would be great if the Camaro was arriving within the 90 days however if it does come in in time for a $5,000 tax break, that would help out a lot..

I agree and being that it's being proposed, it could take a couple of months so we could hit that $7500 range but I sure as hell would love the $5000 or $2500 break. It sucks for those waiting till next year though as this bill is only for 9 months if passed.

Supermans 01-14-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothamCamaro (Post 247664)
I agree and being that it's being proposed, it could take a couple of months so we could hit that $7500 range but I sure as hell would love the $5000 or $2500 break. It sucks for those waiting till next year though as this bill is only for 9 months if passed.

Agreed. It makes all of us who pre-ordered that much better off in the end. We get the car of our dreams, and with a hefty discount to boot... I wonder if the $7500 applies to only taxes or loan interest or both? Either way it is a great way to help boost the economy..

JJ#48Racing 01-14-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothamCamaro (Post 247664)
It sucks for those waiting till next year though as this bill is only for 9 months if passed.

That would be me :(. If I knew I could get the break I'd order now if I didn't have a wedding to pay for this year. Why couldn't I meet the girl of my dreams AFTER I took delivery of my Camaro :laugh:.

Supermans 01-14-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing (Post 247670)
That would be me :(. If I knew I could get the break I'd order now if I didn't have a wedding to pay for this year. Why couldn't I meet the girl of my dreams AFTER I took delivery of my Camaro :laugh:.

You still can order now with a refundable deposit..There are dealers that still have openings available.

GothamCamaro 01-14-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing (Post 247670)

Don't jinx me! :D Congrats, you still win with the girl of your dreams.
I'll have to use the Camaro to prowl for my girl of my dreams, that's harder!

Mr. Wyndham 01-14-2009 12:14 PM

They're proposing giving thousands to people to go spend on any car??

Were I a senator/etc, I'd demand that that money be spent on an American car, no discussion. Otherwise this is another example of how we like to throw our money out of the country, because 48% of buyers still go foriegn!!!....ugh!!! :mad0260: Who are the fools who drafted this up? Corker and Shelby?!?!?!

DGthe3 01-14-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 247692)

Were I a senator/etc, I'd demand that that money be spent on an American car, no discussion. Otherwise this is another example of how we like to throw our money out of the country, because 48% of buyers still go foriegn!!!....ugh!!! :mad0260: Who are the fools who drafted this up? Corker and Shelby?!?!?!

Or at least divide it 3 ways. Cars produced by the big 3 and built in North America should get the most, those that are produced by others and imported should get nothing. The rest that are either 'captive imports' or 'transplants' should get 1/2 the deal.

GothamCamaro 01-14-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 247692)

Myself and the reporter were thinking it was a break for American cars too then she asked the Senator (I believe from Alabama) if this was just for American cars and he said no, Foreign as well.

Let's hope the bill is changed to only give the break on American cars, I agree.. let's help us first. :word:

Croathlete 01-14-2009 12:34 PM

It won't get changed for American cars only. Foreign auto makers have their hands in too many pockets of our "elected officials" for that to happen.

kevin2323 01-14-2009 01:09 PM

any link to this bill? or news>?

Rocks RS 01-14-2009 01:12 PM

Especially in the southern part of America.

I will be happy to get a break on my taxes.

Mr. Wyndham 01-14-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 247696)
Or at least divide it 3 ways. Cars produced by the big 3 and built in North America should get the most, those that are produced by others and imported should get nothing. The rest that are either 'captive imports' or 'transplants' should get 1/2 the deal.

I like this plan. After my little rant...:rolleyes:...I thought a bit more, and I can accept this as fair. But just a blanket "go buy a car, we don't care from who" pisses me off to no end.