Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   camaro car club local clearwater (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107724)

stealthrs 09-25-2010 11:12 PM

camaro car club local clearwater

i am trying to find more camaro owners either 5th gen or any to start a car club local to st.petersburg clearwater fl area. if this sounds like somthing anyone would be interested in pls drop an me an email

mikeSS 09-25-2010 11:16 PM

try the FL section threads

SlingShot 09-25-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthrs (Post 2371572)
i am trying to find more camaro owners either 5th gen or any to start a car club local to st.petersburg clearwater fl area. if this sounds like somthing anyone would be interested in pls drop an me an email

Try going to Quaker Steak & Lube on Thursday Nights from 5-8 ...
You'll catch me there as long as it's not raining.

y2k king 09-26-2010 01:48 AM

i'd be in...let me know how this goes.:popcorn:

i'm 50+ miles north of tpa tho.

guiLT 09-26-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthrs (Post 2371572)

Join the Tampa Gulf Coast Camaros Club. We are 70+ members strong.

y2k king 09-26-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiLT (Post 2372206)

yeah, what he said.:thumbup:

TJacobs41 09-26-2010 08:14 AM

i live in windermere and i should be getting my camaro before the end of next month. i would love to ride with you man.

ORANGE U NV 09-26-2010 10:49 AM

The club is planning a cruise up the interstate from North Tampa and a BBQ at a ranch November 6th. On the main forums menu, scroll down and click on "southeast" for local events. Congrats and then new ride! :thumbup:

stealthrs 09-27-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiLT (Post 2372206)

I was looking to start a club of my own. Nothing against yours, I looked at your website and you have no set date on anything -no weekly or bi-weekly meets on your calendar- but I'm sure it's a great club. Maybe later we could be affiliates. I was in a classic car club in Michigan and I was planning on using some of the knowledge and ideas I learned there. Are you a registered car club of Florida or any other state?

ihaveacamaro 09-27-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthrs (Post 2375643)
I was looking to start a club of my own. Nothing against yours, I looked at your website and you have no set date on anything -no weekly or bi-weekly meets on your calendar- but I'm sure it's a great club. Maybe later we could be affiliates. I was in a classic car club in Michigan and I was planning on using some of the knowledge and ideas I learned there. Are you a registered car club of Florida or any other state?

so far it seems to be more of an informal-ish club, with no meetings or dues necessary, but that's how I like it.

Although there's generally a meet/event/drive every month. Personally, I think this helps if you don't live in tampa and wouldn't be able to make weekly or bi-weekly meets.

SlingShot 09-27-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthrs (Post 2375643)

Your gonna find it difficult to start a club in Pinellas ... There just isn't enough people that are interested. In fact you'll find it hard pressed for another 5th Gen to even acknowledge you when going by them on the road ...

1977and2010 09-28-2010 09:15 PM

You could also try Boston Market on 19 in Palm Harbor on fri nites. Some regulars hang out there too.

FNG 06-06-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingShot (Post 2376200)
Your gonna find it difficult to start a club in Pinellas ... There just isn't enough people that are interested. In fact you'll find it hard pressed for another 5th Gen to even acknowledge you when going by them on the road ...

I live in the Palm Harbor area... and you are correct. Most are like everyone else in this area; oblivious to all others on the road.

Tampa Tuning 06-10-2011 07:03 AM

Alot of the Gen5 Camaros come to HOOTERs on the second Wednesday of each month. The next date July 13th