Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   "ROGUE's" build thread Rod's 2013 AGM 2SS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374535)

ARod221 08-25-2014 02:19 AM

"ROGUE's" build thread Rod's 2013 AGM 2SS

8 Attachment(s)
So as i started this build thread I realized that my girl didn't have a name.....odd? I'm not so sure. I believe that I spend too much time making sure that she flies under the radar that I've never bothered to name this girl...instead I realize that this is the beauty who's stolen my heart and I only keep the love under wraps! She has now revealed her name to me......."ROGUE"

Rogue- 3: a mischievous person
4: a horse inclined to shirk or misbehave

These definitions certainly sum up this car!!!

Everything started with my dad! He's a huge car guy and he was the General manager of Pearson Oldsmobile Pontiac GMC in Sunnyvale, Ca. He was always a car guy and the apple obviously didn't fall far from the tree. I always loved 1st gen camaros but realized that making a 1st gen a DD would be way too much money so when I saw the 5th gen concept in 2006 I nearly shit myself and proclaimed "that will be mine"....
fast forward 6 years after a divorce and many deployments I finally was able to "pull the trigger" on my very own 2013 2SS/RS AGM camaro.....ahhhhhhh! I loved this car......but stock isn't in my vocabulary!!!!! She needed to be set apart from the group!! This begins my seemingly never ending saga with my "new mistress" hahahaaha
The first picture is the one I found of the car on the internet doing a google search of Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS. I was stationed in Gulfport Ms. at the time and the car was in Atlanta, Ga. "ROAD TRIP". I called the dealer a told them that i'd be there in 3 days to pick it up! I was a determined buyer. I loved the car but always felt that things were missing.....things I thought GM could have done better for the 2nd most beloved models GM has ever produced....behind the Vette of course..........Thus begins the ever going "modding saga" of "ROGUE"

THE MODS LIST!
EXTERIOR MODS
GM ZL1 front bumper
GM ZL1 hood
ACS ZL1 hood insert
GM ZL1 Rockers
GM ZL1 Rear bumper and diffuser
MPD1 Spoiler
20x9 Giovanna Mecca fronts W/ 275/40/20 Nitto Invo's
20x10.5 Giovanna Mecca rears W/ 315/35/20 Nitto Invo's
R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors
Hawk HPS pads
Oracle Ghosted side markers
Night Owl RGB halo kit
RGB grille lighting
RGB lighting in the air box
Big worm graffix tail light tint
Big worm graffix DRL tint
Big worm graffix front turn signal tint
Big worm graffix clear headlight protectors
River City Customs Painted upper grille bow tie and SS emblems AGM outer/Gloss Black inner
30% tint on the back 5 windows
PPG AGM paint with 2021 Clear coat then fully wet sanded and buffed....no orange peel on this car!
Le Mans hash marks matte black W/ silver outline
Diode Dynamics DRL LED's P****** (what ever the bulb number is)
Diode Dynamics Fog LED's H11

INTERIOR MODS
1LE Suede steering wheel
1LE suede shift knob and boot
Hurst short throw shifter
Diode Dynamics full LED (white) lighting kit
Dynamat on entire roof, rear deck lid, both doors, and in the spare tire area
RGB foot well lighting
RGB trunk lighting

SUSPENSION
PFADT 1.25" drop springs
BMR Strut tower brace

GO FAST PARTS
GM NPP Dual mode exhaust
Kook's Long Tube Headers
CAI Cold air intake
Vararam power wedge
Elite Engineering catch can

FUTURE UPGRADES LIST
CMS Tune by Ryne

ARod221 08-25-2014 09:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So when I got the car back from paint I installed some Giovanna Monza wheels.....apparently they were part of a "bad casting batch" this is what happened! Luckily Giovanna or WTW corp. was aware of the issue and they took care of it insantly. They were a dream to work with. They sent out new wheels let me remount my tires on them and send the old ones back to them. I couldn't have been happier with their customer service Dept.

ARod221 08-25-2014 09:28 PM

4 Attachment(s)
they then sent me some Mecca's to replace them. The last picture is her usual pose!

Behic2320 08-26-2014 10:51 AM

Looks Awesome " No name "

ARod221 08-26-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behic2320 (Post 7913291)
Looks Awesome " No name "

Thank you sir.....She will need a name soon! I was thinking RONIN, but not too sure about that

Buck Heard 08-26-2014 09:50 PM

Very nice!

Demon War Horse 08-26-2014 09:54 PM

Looks great!

Deke736 08-26-2014 10:00 PM

Looks great! I love the AGM, but I may be biased!

ARod221 08-26-2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deke736 (Post 7914737)
Looks great! I love the AGM, but I may be biased!

@Deke your car is my inspiration......now i need the Supercharger though hahaha

Thank you all for the kind words many new updates coming very soon....stay tuned!

Camaro68 08-27-2014 12:45 AM

Really nice :first:

ARod221 08-27-2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro68 (Post 7915012)
Really nice :first:

Thanks a lot man, i appreciate that! :thumbsup:

ARod221 09-02-2014 01:55 AM

Added Le Mans stripes w/ outlines

5 Attachment(s)
So I added some cheap Le Mans stripes then used some pin striping tape from auto zone to outline them......let me know what you guys think.

ARod221 09-28-2014 01:40 AM

Catch can and Strut tower brace

2 Attachment(s)
just added a BMR strut tower brace and an Elite Engineering catch can.

ARod221 10-27-2014 07:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
here's a couple of fresh pics