Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GMPP Exhaust Pics & Sound Files (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32792)

RedRaider 08-14-2009 07:50 AM

bump...because I like this exhaust. Thanks for posting Teccboxx.

cschmidt1956 11-19-2009 01:46 PM

To the folks that own this exhaust and have had it awhile, what do you like and dislike about it? I am kind of torn between this and the MRT Exhaust.

GrimKeeper 11-19-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cschmidt1956 (Post 1192581)
To the folks that own this exhaust and have had it awhile, what do you like and dislike about it? I am kind of torn between this and the MRT Exhaust.

I don't own the GMPP exhaust I have the SOLO Mach XL, but listening and comparing these two I would say the MRT Exhaust.

2Tightwads 11-19-2009 02:15 PM

Wow thats alota' buck for nada.

If your looking to replace these close to stock souding upgrades for a higher quality product (Magnaflow) and far better price than $7xx.xx please call 2 Tightwads Racing @ 210-954-4985 Owner: Al Tillman.

acehole 11-20-2009 03:38 AM

Thats kinda funny..We have already established that magnaflow on the v6 sound like crap...

cschmidt1956 11-20-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Tightwads (Post 1192652)
Wow thats alota' buck for nada.

If your looking to replace these close to stock souding upgrades for a higher quality product (Magnaflow) and far better price than $7xx.xx please call 2 Tightwads Racing @ 210-954-4985 Owner: Al Tillman.

Sir,

I appreciate Owners of companies being in these forums, but not all exhausts systems are created equal. We have some members that are putting in a mother lode of work into getting the right sound for these V6 Camaros. Sometimes we are not looking for gains in power, it is about sound quality. I would rather buy a known quality exhaust then attempt to hatch something together only to have to do it over again.

Thank you for your thoughts and for being here listening to our needs.

scrming 11-20-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cschmidt1956 (Post 1195270)
Sir,

I appreciate Owners of companies being in these forums, but not all exhausts systems are created equal. We have some members that are putting in a mother lode of work into getting the right sound for these V6 Camaros. Sometimes we are not looking for gains in power, it is about sound quality. I would rather buy a known quality exhaust then attempt to hatch something together only to have to do it over again.

Thank you for your thoughts and for being here listening to our needs.

I agree, i love that owners of companies that take the time to come here... however I have have a low tolerance for people that jump into some one elses thread just to bash the competitors product and then basically spam us with what ever they happen to be selling!

START YOUR OWN THREAD! Then give us the pros and cons... make your arguments there... give us some thing more than "a higher quality"... How is it a higher quality? If I remember correctly the GMPP exhaust is made by Borla... so how is the Magnflow better? Don't just say it's higher quality... be ready to back that up...

Yes, I love my MRT exhaust and I have no hesitation telling people about it... BUT I never go into another persons thread and trash their system (at least I hope I haven't and if I have some one please point it out so I can fix it!) and then try and push the MRT system!

I know that everyone has very different tastes when it comes to exhausts... And hey, if you are happy with your exhaust then I'm happy for you! (ok... I apologize... but the muffler delete did sound pretty bad... LOL)

So hey, the more companies making products for the V6, the better! However please don't just spam us in other peoples/product threads... :mad0260:

mrray13 11-20-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrming (Post 1195344)
I agree, i love that owners of companies that take the time to come here... however I have have a low tolerance for people that jump into some one elses thread just to bash the competitors product and then basically spam us with what ever they happen to be selling!

START YOUR OWN THREAD! Then give us the pros and cons... make your arguments there... give us some thing more than "a higher quality"... How is it a higher quality? If I remember correctly the GMPP exhaust is made by Borla... so how is the Magnflow better? Don't just say it's higher quality... be ready to back that up...

Yes, I love my MRT exhaust and I have no hesitation telling people about it... BUT I never go into another persons thread and trash their system (at least I hope I haven't and if I have some one please point it out so I can fix it!) and then try and push the MRT system!

I know that everyone has very different tastes when it comes to exhausts... And hey, if you are happy with your exhaust then I'm happy for you! (ok... I apologize... but the muffler delete did sound pretty bad... LOL)

So hey, the more companies making products for the V6, the better! However please don't just spam us in other peoples/product threads... :mad0260:

:word:

It's been some time coming as well! Just about everywhere I read, I see Al, aka 2Tightwads, pushing his company. No offense Al, but you need to tone it down, it gets annoying, and it's spam. Like the others, I appreciate that you're here and that you are enthusiastic about the Camaro and those of us who want to tune and tweak it, but please quit blasting your business in our faces in every thread. We know who you are, and we see your sig (unless someone has theirs turned off) and we know what you offer. Please take it down a notch bro!

GrimKeeper 11-20-2009 10:56 AM

:word: +1

KMPrenger 11-20-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acehole (Post 1195154)
Thats kinda funny..We have already established that magnaflow on the v6 sound like crap...

Hrm...acehole...I have to disagree (Of course I know its all a matter of personal opinion) but have you listened to buddylok's and kellyjrt's magnaflow setups?? They are two of my favorites so far (along with a couple others)...and I think they actually sound better than the Camaro V6 catback kit offered directly from magnaflow.

Its definitely not all crap....well, thats my opinion. :)

2Tightwads 11-20-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 1196246)
(Of course I know its all a matter of personal opinion)

:respekt: Vendors are allowed to have opinions too folks. Sorry if you don't agree with mine or the above. We sell and test alot of product. So I see the difference first hand. :laugh: Shame on me if I can get you a better system (in my opinion) for 1/4 less from Mangaflow I guess.

scrming 11-20-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Tightwads (Post 1196447)
:respekt: Vendors are allowed to have opinions too folks. Sorry if you don't agree with mine or the above. We sell and test alot of product. So I see the difference first hand. :laugh: Shame on me if I can get you a better system (in my opinion) for 1/4 less from Mangaflow I guess.

Yep... that is true... and we as consumers have a choice where we spend our money...

67 GTO 11-20-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cschmidt1956 (Post 1192581)

I've had the GMPP V6 exhaust on for 6 months now. I like the sound and looks. Getting rid of the stock cans and adding the great looking tips is a plus.

I disagree with anyone who says the sound is not much better than stock. I actually was concerned about some in cabin drone at certain RPM's when first installed but that seems to have mellowed out with break in as scriming has said.

They've never been raspy in any range. Nice low sound, never too high for my taste. The wife likes the sound, that's a bonus. :)

mrray13 11-20-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Tightwads (Post 1196447)

It's not that you are stating an opinion that bugs me, it's the constant, "please call 2 Tightwads Racing @ 210-954-4985 Owner: Al Tillman. "

Again, we know who you are, the info is in your sig. You, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who feels this way, are acting like that pushy salesman that just irrates the hell outa people and makes them want to spend their money, even if it is more, elsewhere.

So, please, by all means, offer up your opinion! Especially since you've heard/installed a lot of this stuff firsthand, just lay off the constant sales pitch bro!

Okay, end rant and thread hijack!! :headbang:

Cyber Gray 01-10-2010 10:17 PM

Guys!

Any feedback on the GMPP Airbox system? GM recommends it with the exhaust.

Any power gains?

Cyber Gray 01-11-2010 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67 GTO (Post 1196654)
I've had the GMPP V6 exhaust on for 6 months now. I like the sound and looks. Getting rid of the stock cans and adding the great looking tips is a plus.

I disagree with anyone who says the sound is not much better than stock. I actually was concerned about some in cabin drone at certain RPM's when first installed but that seems to have mellowed out with break in as scriming has said.

They've never been raspy in any range. Nice low sound, never too high for my taste. The wife likes the sound, that's a bonus. :)

Did you witness any hp power in take offs after changing the stock exhaust?

fee5fofum 01-17-2010 11:59 PM

I'm not to thrilled about my GMPP exhaust and getting ready to replace them with the SLP Loudmouth II or the MRT ver. 2.0 but with the help from other members sending me their sound clips of the MRT 2.0 I think thats what I'm going to replace the GMPP's with !!

BaliseCamaro2010 07-20-2010 01:30 PM

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE STOCK EXHAUST DIA. IS ON A V6 2010 CAMARO

trekmanone 11-28-2010 07:18 AM

What is the brand & model of the air intake system you bought? From where?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze (Post 744211)
Well my Exhaust System w/Tips has arrived at the Parts Dept and I have an appointment to have them installed next Wednesday. Just the Tips on this system look so much better then the stock tips. Hopefully the Air Intake Kit will be here also by next wednesday so I can have both done at once. I will be posting pictures, both before and after.

Walt B.

Exhaust System (w/Tips) - Installed Price $1,049.00
Air Intake Kit - Installed Price $499.50

Total $1,548.50 plus tax

I also prefer to get things that are manufacturer made for my cars because I want to maintain my warranty, and again My Car and My Money

WCoolBreeze 11-28-2010 07:54 AM

I am still running with the stock Air Intake. There has been a delay in releasing the GMPP Air Intake System. The last I had heard was that it was suppose to be released Oct 2010, that has not happened yet. I am going to wait until Jan 2011, then if it still has not been released I will be asking for my money back and getting a CAI from Roto-Fab colored the same as my car (RJT).

Walt B.

Mike E 02-20-2012 09:25 AM

Has anyone gutted the stock cans to see what that sounds like?

browndog1968 01-05-2015 11:14 PM

GMPP Exhaust

I have had the Borla Touring exhaust installed for over a week - bought slightly used. This is the same exhaust as the GMPP version. I listened to tons of video over a couple of months in an effort to try to find the right exhaust. I wanted something lower but no obnoxious. Well, this exhaust so far is okay. As reported, there is a pretty low level of difference at certain RPM'S. If you would prefer lower sound at idle and between 1-2k RPM'S then this exhaust is for you. Once you get on it, it is more quiet than stock in a way. I think due to the additional airflow. And, at 2,000 RPM cruising there is added drone but not too bad. I was close to choosing a Dynomax VT that opens up when you get on it and is a great deal $ - supposedly no drone either. The MRT 2.0 probably would not have made it past the wife but was my third choice. Bottom line - I like it at idle better than stock but not as much when I get on the throttle and above 3k RPM'S. I will try to work on a YouTube link to offer some different sound samples from what is out there already.

browndog1968 01-05-2015 11:39 PM

One of the better samples of the Borla/GMPP exhaust sound. 2014 Camaro Borla Exaust: http://youtu.be/COQvAUyTKv8