Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Camaro ZL1 NYC Auto Show *Update* (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142657)

CoolestCamaro873 04-21-2011 07:22 PM

Camaro ZL1 NYC Auto Show *Update*

Rumor has it that the ZL1 that is at the NY Auto Show is Gray. This was according to a dealer rep that viewed the cars yesterday when they were put on display for the dealers. Now this would not shock me because when the ZL1 was shown to dealers at a GM Conference my dealer I buy from said the one there was gray. So, only time will tell if this is true, but it should be interesting.

camaro4mybday 04-21-2011 07:27 PM

there cant be just 1 at this point with it so close to production there must be a couple of show cars and test muels. besides with the zl1 just at c5 fest they would have to drive almost non stop to get it to nyc ready to go

SSmoked 04-21-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro4mybday (Post 3124633)
there cant be just 1 at this point with it so close to production there must be a couple of show cars and test muels. besides with the zl1 just at c5 fest they would have to drive almost non stop to get it to nyc ready to go

The ZL1 at C5 fest was different than the one from Chicago. The one at C5 fest had no black stripe, leather steering wheel/shiftboot/shift knob, and had the SSX wheels.
the Original ZL1 from chicago could be in NYC or a new grey one could be?:iono:

Z4me 04-21-2011 07:52 PM

Isn't the 45 anniv camaro a grey/black, could the dealer be getting confused
thinking it's the ZL1.

CoolestCamaro873 04-21-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z4me (Post 3124745)
Isn't the 45 anniv camaro a grey/black, could the dealer be getting confused
thinking it's the ZL1.

this is what i said exactly to the rep, but he insisted it was a ZL1. but, we will see. all i know is the owner of my dealer went to the gm convention a couple of months back right before the ZL1 was announced officially to us and we knew it as the "HP Edition" well the ZL1 shown to dealers was silver or gray i believe. he said it was one of the 2 but he forgot if it was silver or gray. he said there was so many products there of interest it was hard to keep track, lol. i said how could you forget a car that badass! :D

lbls1 04-21-2011 07:59 PM

I plan on going. Definitely want to see the zl1 in some different colors.

Z4me 04-21-2011 08:06 PM

Which begs the question from me are they offering that new color from the 45th anniv camaro for the rest of the camaro line for the year 2012?

CoolestCamaro873 04-21-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbls1 (Post 3124767)
I plan on going. Definitely want to see the zl1 in some different colors.

i want to also, but i was kind of looking foward to seeing the red in person. because the red they used for the ZL1 looks brighter in pics than any victory red i have ever seen. just hoping it isnt cyber gray, and that if it isnt the red it is silver. cyber gray is not in the running for me and i dont think there is enoguh contrast between the color and the black accents to really show of the car at the show. jmho

CoolestCamaro873 04-21-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z4me (Post 3124793)
Which begs the question from me are they offering that new color from the 45th anniv camaro for the rest of the camaro line for the year 2012?

good question but i do not know the answer. i could see it going either way :iono:

OldJedi 04-21-2011 08:27 PM

Anyone going to the NY show, please take a good camera and take LOTS of pictures for all of us, PLEASE !!!

Blackdevil77 04-21-2011 08:36 PM

I'm going saturday. Its not gray, its red, same exact one that was at the chicago show. My friend works at paul conte cadillac went today and told me about it, and I have a pic of it at the NY auto show. Ill upload it when I get home

lbls1 04-21-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 (Post 3124799)
i want to also, but i was kind of looking foward to seeing the red in person. because the red they used for the ZL1 looks brighter in pics than any victory red i have ever seen. just hoping it isnt cyber gray, and that if it isnt the red it is silver. cyber gray is not in the running for me and i dont think there is enoguh contrast between the color and the black accents to really show of the car at the show. jmho

Its a bright color but by now I've seen a gazillion pics of the red (which isn't one of my favorites). Beggars can't be choosy though so I'll be glad to see it in any color.

CAMARO-ECSTASY 04-21-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 (Post 3124799)

:word:

NYZL1Lover 04-21-2011 09:46 PM

2011 NY Show Pics

17 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics from the NY Show...:-)Enjoy....She will be mine...Oh Yes...She will be mine...:-)...