Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The official “I saw Transformers the movie” thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1123)

Mr. Wyndham 07-04-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbynum69 (Post 14878)
just saw the movie and it made me get a massive woody when I saw the camaro in all its glory .(to all that say its ok you must have seen another movie because the one I saw was so action packed and intense that I will probably see it about 3 more times this week)
also happy 4th of july to all!!!

Um....:eek: :laughabove:

Moose 07-04-2007 09:02 PM

Well, I was up at 7AM this morning, waiting to go see Transformers with my brother. WE went to the 9:30AM show. :thumbsup: (buttered popcorn and a Coke aren't recommended in the morning. :o )

I thought the movie was very well done! :clap: I embarrassed myself by AHHHING out loud at Bumblebee's appearance. :o :laugh:

We then stopped by 'Toys R Us' after the movie. I was only collecting Bumblebee, but I walked out with a few of the other Autobots. :D

I'll be going to see Transformers a second time. :thumbsup:

* Remember: "They live among us." All Camaro's are "the good guys"/Autobots. Mustangs>DECPETICONS! *

EllwynX 07-04-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 14843)
I still haven't seen it in person, but the movie made it seem even better than the pictures that I've seen here. I'm just that much more infatuated with it now.

I have to say that the movie manage to show a more 'real' view of the Camaro.

Not a single unattractive shot, something that can't be said for photographs.

So anyone that didn't like the photos, the movie is what it REALLY looks like. LOL

theonlyoneleft 07-05-2007 12:12 AM

This is the type of movie that makes me wish I had 10 thumbs... So then I could give it 10 thumbs up. It was AMAZING. Usually when I go into a movie with high expectations, I end up disappointed. But after I came out of Transformers, I was ecstatic! It met all of my expectations and then some! :w00t:

TAG UR IT 07-05-2007 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theonlyoneleft (Post 14917)
This is the type of movie that makes me wish I had 10 thumbs... So then I could give it 10 thumbs up. It was AMAZING. Usually when I go into a movie with high expectations, I end up disappointed. But after I came out of Transformers, I was ecstatic! It met all of my expectations and then some! :w00t:

Exactly!

Moose 07-05-2007 08:12 AM

* FYI* I've heard that there are plans already for a sequel. Apparently the movie company was given the "go ahead" to make a sequel as a result of all the pre-release hype, and I'm sure the good reviews will only support that decision. :thumbsup:

TAG UR IT 07-05-2007 08:30 AM

Oh, yeah...after this? Sequel for sure!!! I hope the voices all stay the same and if they are going to use any of the same human characters, that they get the same actors/actresses to play the same roles.

I hate it when they replace someone and then call them by the same name trying to play them off as the original....no way.

AirGoya 07-05-2007 10:36 AM

I saw the movie on July 2nd at 10:00

JWz28 07-05-2007 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 14825)
the gf leaned over after BB turned into the 09 and asked "is that the car you were wanting to get? it looks good...we can get one if you want"

needless to say, I was ecstatic. And I think im in love...yes with 09 Bumblebee...and...my girlfriend.

You got a keeper there :thumbup:

JWz28.

CamaroSpike23 07-05-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirGoya (Post 14937)
I saw the movie on July 2nd at 10:00

I saw it @ 800... I win! buuuuut apparently, I got tickets at the wrong theater cus if i had gone to the one a few miles over, they had BONECRUSHER!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so upset when I heard that and saw pics of it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 14930)
* FYI* I've heard that there are plans already for a sequel. Apparently the movie company was given the "go ahead" to make a sequel as a result of all the pre-release hype, and I'm sure the good reviews will only support that decision. :thumbsup:

yeah, they have already begun writing the sequel

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWz28 (Post 14938)
You got a keeper there :thumbup:

JWz28.

thanks, `

MerF 07-05-2007 05:42 PM

Arrg! I wasn't sure if the 4 year old would enjoy it at all (GF's daughter) and they were here visiting (we live 400 miles apart) this whole week... I was beside myself trying not to pressure them, but they are gone...and my mission in life is to see it this weekend.

Thanks for the reviews (and to the mods for putting spoilers in the other thread which I won't open yet!!).

EllwynX 07-05-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 14972)
Arrg! I wasn't sure if the 4 year old would enjoy it at all

I think a 4 year old would enjoy it.

My nephew is 5 1/5. I'm taking him this Sunday hopefully (assuming I don't get stuck at work) to see it. He managed to sit thru Spider-Man 3 and Pirates of the Carribean 3 without being too antsy. He only got a little figity on the slow/quiet parts of S-M3 when I took him, and fell asleep for the last 30 mins of Pirates3 my stepdad told me (his dad, my brother, passed away last year, so my stepdad and I take him to the movies when we can). Action pops up and he's glued to the screen. So he should enjoy all the action in Transformers.

MerF 07-05-2007 08:31 PM

Well, my 7 year old daughter loved watching movies like Pirates, Harry Potter, etc when she was littler...but my GF's 4 year old girl is convinced that if it's not a cartoon it's not for her. Kinda aggravating, but that's just the way she is.

IVOZ06 07-05-2007 08:46 PM

Yes, saw it today and loved it.

I mainly went to see the Camaro:D

94z28inok 07-05-2007 11:26 PM

Havnt got to go yet, bills had to come first. but my birthdays next friday if anybody wants to help me out here j/k:D Cant wait to go though. Hope to go Monday at least.

TAG UR IT 07-08-2007 02:25 AM

Saw the 11pm showing today (last night). I gotta tell you, it's great the first time, but the second time really lets you HEAR the parts you couldn't the first time due to all the laughing and clapping from the audience.

I'm not saying I didn't mind the audience enthusiasm at all. In fact, like I said before, I LOVED it....and I partook in the enthusiasm as well! I can't say enough about the movie once again. It was AWESOME! If you haven't seen it yet, you are going to LOVE it!!!!!

MerF 07-09-2007 06:36 PM

I finally saw it over the weekend.

I laughed, I cried, I cringed, and I popped wood when I saw the 5th gen the first time.

Sorry about the last part, just being honest. :)

Mr. Wyndham 07-09-2007 11:24 PM

you get awful excited over this car don't you...:laugh:...I'd hate to have been sitting next to you in the theater during that scene....:o

AFSNightrod 07-12-2007 10:40 PM

I finally saw it. I was all giddy with excitement watching the movie. it was great. The only bad critics were the ones that expect academy award winning performances out of every movie made. I got one thing to say to them: This is 30 foot robots fighting eachother and blowing shit up! This isn't f**king Hamlet or Gone with the Wind! Enjoy it and take it for what it is: an ACTION movie. I loved it. It was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Seriously. Everyone who's seen it was in love with the new Camaro. My favorite scene was when Bumblebee switched to the new car. Oh one other thing...HAHA I got it on DVD! The sound quality isn't too good with the loud explosions and it goes blurry every once in awhile but I get to watch it whenever I want!!! I love the black market! I actually watched the new Fantastic Four, Transformers, and the new Die Hard all in one day. Fantastic Four was good, and Die Hard kicked ass! Some of the action in it was pretty far fetched but not Transporter 2 rediculous. It was crazy but somewhat believable. I recommend all three movies for anybody who is in to action flicks. For those who didn't like it, :middlefinger: :moon: :headbang:

KILLER74Z28 07-13-2007 01:28 AM

I accompanied my brother and his girlfriend last night to my third showing of Transformers (they loved it)… This movie will never grow old, every time I see the 5th GEN I want, no scratch that, I need this Camaro that much more… :drool:

EllwynX 07-14-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFSNightrod (Post 15664)
Oh one other thing...HAHA I got it on DVD! The sound quality isn't too good with the loud explosions and it goes blurry every once in awhile but I get to watch it whenever I want!!! I love the black market!

I have just the opposite opinion. While I couldn't care less if someone wants to watch an inferior copy of a movie, I personally refuse to.

I want perfect picture and excellent sound. And I've only ever seen 2 movies like that (Spider-Man 2 and the 3rd Star Wars) that were black market copies. Everything else is totally disappointing. I can wait for it to be released on DVD.

Mr. Wyndham 07-14-2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllwynX (Post 15799)
I can wait for it to be released on DVD.

+1

MerF 07-16-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllwynX (Post 15799)
I have just the opposite opinion. While I couldn't care less if someone wants to watch an inferior copy of a movie, I personally refuse to.

He's deployed overseas, his options are sorta limited. :smoking:

Took the GF to see it finally, she liked it. I had to be really nice though, she hadn't been to the movies in a while and there are plenty of flicks she wanted to also see...but she gave in pretty easily and saw Transformers with me.

I was a bit disturbed that she never watched it as a kid though...so I had to give her a quick 5-minute debrief on history. Luckily the plot for the movie was easy to follow even if you didn't know anything about the show. It's just too much fun if you were a fan of it as a kid though. :D

Anyway, she got a real kick out of the car I think...and she ws laughing at me every time the car was on the screen. :burnrubber:

AFSNightrod 07-17-2007 11:36 AM

Yes unfortunately I am stuck over here in the desert for another month or so, si I have no choice but to watch it bootleg. If I am lucky it will still be in theaters when I get back so I can see it in it's true glory. I will definitely be buying this one on DVD when it is released.

infam0uz 07-19-2007 09:41 AM

Yes, I saw it. great movie.

Hopefully itll be released on HD-DVD if not, then blu ray it is and Ill buy me a blu ray player