Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Shhhh...I'm having a Love Affair...with a Camaro... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155543)

Camaro_krazee 06-28-2011 09:24 PM

Shhhh...I'm having a Love Affair...with a Camaro...my build journal

Well....
This *event* has been a long time coming, so I don't want to miss a single detail.;)
I've always wanted a Camaro....always!!!
I was there when the Camaro first came on the scene in 1967. I wasn't quiet old enough to drive, but I knew I wanted a Camaro. My dad was the new car sales manager at the small Chevrolet dealership in my hometown, so for his "demo" that year, he chose a Camaro RS; Leman's Blue with the houndstooth interior. Man -O- man did that car draw the attention! It sold pretty fast, in just a few weeks actually, so once again daddy had to choose a new demo car. Much to my chagrin, he opted for the 1967 Impala 2 door coupe. Now that one made my mom happy! LOL. Anyway, in the fall of 1970 I got my drivers license, and could hardly wait to see "what I'd get"! Daddy had chosen a knock-out 1970 red Monte Carlo with black interior. That was what my ride to school every morning was in, so of course I thought, maybe, just maybe that might be mine. But, no. My parents decided my "reward" for HS graduation would be a new car, so until that time came,(still 2 years away), I was 'given' my mom's old tank of a car...a 1964 Pontiac Catalina 4 door sedan. What?! I'm banished to driving the tank, when that gorgeous Monte Carlo is in the driveway? Yes.
1972, graduation, at last! I had dropped sooooooo many hints to daddy about the 'new' '73 Camaro coming out. I was quite smitten with the dark green metallic with the dark green seats. Yes, that was the color for me.
About a week before I was to leave for college, it was show day for the new 1973 models. My mom and I always helped with the open house event....manning the tables of punch and cookies and handing out brochures on the new cars. After the day ended and it was closing time, my dad asked me to come with him to the back lot and 'help' him shuffle some cars around. When he opened the gate, standing front and center was a shiny new red Nova SS with houndstooth interior. Hmmm. That's a nice little car, but my eye went immediately to the Camaro on the second row. It wasn't my dream green, but black would do. Daddy handed me the keys and said "Happy Graduation, AND Happy Birthday!...this one is yours!" he said pointing to that little red Nova SS. I was speechless. I was dumbfounded. I was over the moon with excitement. I jumped for joy and squealed like a 4 year old! I got my 'instructions' from daddy on what to do and not do, and off I went. I was a little disappointed to tell the truth, but I knew the financial pressures my parents were feeling with my upcoming tuition, and this Nova was a looker, so, I put the Camaro out of my mind, and thought "someday" I'd get daddy to order a Camaro for me...just like I want...when I'm out of college and have a job.
That day never came. My dad passed away less than 2 years after giving me the Nova SS. I lost interest in cars for awhile, then marriage and a kiddo mandated "sensible" vehicles...you know for road trips and hauling band kids and instruments, and girl scout cookies, along with 6 other little girl scouts, and all the stuff a mom hauls. LOL.

But, here I am, 45 years later, finally getting my first Camaro. It's a tad bittersweet, I guess. I always thought my hubby and I would be ordering all our new cars from daddy until he retired. The little dealership has been long gone in my home town, but every time I visit friends and relatives there, when I pass by, I remember that day on the back lot, like it was only yesterday, and of course it makes me smile.

So, a new journey begins for my 2012 2LT RS Camaro.
~ 6/21/11 "deal made" and order placed w/ dealer.
status 1100

Addendum: See my "New Journal" for Camaro # 2
So excited and thankful for the ability to track the production of the new 2014 2SS RS LS3 Special Spring Edition!

Black Lightning 06-28-2011 09:30 PM

Uh oh, the love affair already started with just the order?!? You're in deep...lol.

Congrats! You're gonna love it! Well, I guess you already do. :D

The_Blur 06-28-2011 09:40 PM

:wub: Camaros rock.

2010 SSRS 06-28-2011 09:43 PM

congrats

midnighter 06-28-2011 09:44 PM

Sounds like a great quest.

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 06-28-2011 09:53 PM

:drinking:Congrats!:drinking:

It's going to be impossible
To keep this love a secret!
:wub:
Becky

Inferno LSX 06-28-2011 11:03 PM

Be carefully or you'll end up like most of us who need to go to C.A.M.A.R.O. ; Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Rehabilitation Organization.

ChvyBoss 06-28-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 (Post 3400363)
Be carefully or you'll end up like most of us who need to go to C.A.M.A.R.O. ; Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Rehabilitation Organization.

Where do we sign up for those classes Jason ? Lmao

Inferno LSX 06-29-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChvyBoss (Post 3400384)
Where do we sign up for those classes Jason ? Lmao

sh!t man, im on the board of directors!:yikes:

thespymaster 06-29-2011 02:51 PM

Congrats..................The lover affair with the Camaro , is worse than having an extramarital affairs; trust me :bellyroll:

Camaro_krazee 06-29-2011 06:04 PM

Hi guys and gals :wave:
Thanks for visiting my journal...loved all the comments!

Quote:

you'll end up like most of us who need to go to C.A.M.A.R.O. ; Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Rehabilitation Organization.
LOL...I'm pretty sure DH thinks I should be enrolled already!

OK...today's update was a bummmm-rrrr! :upset: aarrgghh!

6/23/11
6/29/11

zslewis 06-29-2011 07:15 PM

its going to take a few months... it will be alright though... Its WORTH the wait...

Jaker999 06-29-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee (Post 3399892)
Well....
This *event* has been a long time coming, so I don't want to miss a single detail.;)
I've always wanted a Camaro....always!!!

So, the journey begins for my 2012 2LT RS.

~ 6/23/11 "deal made" and order placed w/ dealer.
status 1100

Hey I am also going to buy a 2012 2LT RS, red, one soon. Just doing some last minute saving haha. Wondering how much you paid for it with the RS and all and if you got auto or manual? Any info would be VERY helpful! If not I understand. Hope to see pics when you get it!

Camaro_krazee 06-30-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

its going to take a few months... it will be alright though... Its WORTH the wait...
I know....BIG sigh! But right now, I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning! ;)

Quote:

Wondering how much you paid for it with the RS and all and if you got auto or manual? Any info would be VERY helpful! Hope to see pics when you get it!
We are repeat customers with our Chevy dealer, so I think that might have been benificial on my deal. I'm getting it at the 2011 invoice price, because they had ordered me an '11 2LT RS, but missed the production date cut off. I wanted the M6, but hubby talked me into the A6. Sooooo I think I'm getting a rrrrreally good deal...right at 30K MOL.
And yeppers, there will definitely be pics of my new 'mo-sheen' :laugh::D:laugh: