Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Community Poll>>Firebreather Spoiler To Be Made? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120304)

camchris 12-16-2010 01:38 PM

Community Poll>>Viniati Spoiler To Be Made?

First off please tell us what you like and dislike about this wing so we can make a similar one - but geared to your tastes. Viniati will make this happen, and we have a car on standby in LA upon your approval.

YOU DECIDE IF THIS PROJECT GETS DONE! We are behind CAMARO5 forum users 100%, so if you don't want it or don't like it no big deal. I saw the opportunity and we have the talent to make this project green light. However we have plenty of products we supply and make already so don't worry about saying what's on your mind! ;)

For serious buyers who want this to happen please PM me, we have had a few customers contact already but we want to see what you have to say.

Lets see if we can do $350 a wing but at least 20 people.
Carbon for $550 no minimum.

XxDooMxX 12-16-2010 02:40 PM

well..
if u can do this or make it better! then put me in the list!;)

larryt1026 12-16-2010 04:58 PM

$350 painted? if so I'm in! if not..I'll have to think about it....

Darth Martel 12-16-2010 04:59 PM

Is that price painted or simply primed? In either case it's better than the original designers so you've definitely got my attention.

What I don't like about this one is that you have to fill in some of the holes from your original spoiler and drill new ones. I don't expect the thing to install itself but, filling holes and drilling new ones? That's a NO GO.

My only other suggestion would be to maybe incorporate a little bit of the dovetail spoiler into it so that the rear of the spoiler has a bit of a curve upwards. Not as dramatic as the dovetail but, just enough to give it an edgier look.

Hopefully, that makes sense to you. I'd draw it out or do a photoshop but, my talents lie in electronics and not in those areas. I leave that to you guys :)

CamaroCowboy 12-16-2010 05:18 PM

+1

greenvillepilot 12-16-2010 05:34 PM

I already have one, and I kinda like being the only guy around with it. So my vote is no ;)

SAR-MYRO 12-16-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryt1026 (Post 2644527)
$350 painted? if so I'm in! if not..I'll have to think about it....

+1

ricksglass 12-16-2010 07:22 PM

I'm in :)

meschwenk 12-16-2010 08:12 PM

+1 $350 if painted:thumbup:

Cully 12-16-2010 09:46 PM

I would jump all over that if it used the factory install holes. That is the best looking spoiler yet in my opinion.

BlaSSt Off 12-16-2010 11:06 PM

People, common sence would tell you that it is NOT going to use the factory mounting holes. It is mounted on 2 posts. You can either get the body shop to fill and paint them, or you can find somebody with an LS the same color and trade them your trunk lid for thiers and not worry about it.

I would be all over this spoiler especially if it is $350ish painted but I know it will be more then that if you paint it. So $350 primed...HELL YEAH!

Entaille 12-16-2010 11:09 PM

the reason I didn't wait for your spoiler is I was not going to go through the hassle of plugging holes or finding a decklid without a spoiler. some crazy high percentage of Camaros have the spoiler, it is just silly to make a product that doesn't work with the existing holes.

I like the looks. it's just not designed with the average owner in mind and that is a bad move. consider adding a bottom blade similar to the 350z nismo v1 spoiler, imo. that will solve the hole issue.

BlaSSt Off 12-16-2010 11:17 PM

Bolt-ons are for beginners! Making something that does not use the factory mounting holes is not silly. Thinking that everything can be made to mount up to factory mounting holes, IS! Not everybody is afraid of a little paint and body work to get the look they want. I think it would look stupid with another spoiler added to to just to make it work with factory holes. Keep up the good work on it like it is!

PQ 12-16-2010 11:18 PM

I guess I'll be the fist to not really like it.

Looks too Stealth/Eclipse...ish to me. Changes the lines too much.

JMO though.