Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   11 v6 vs Turbo Scion TC (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215554)

Patrick864 RS 04-10-2012 04:28 PM

11 v6 vs Turbo Scion TC

Some guy around here in a older TC has been talking crap and out of ALL the little ricers and fast and furious guys around here he chose my Camaro to talk about. Seen he ran a 15 at the track last weekend...but he doesn't want to run them until after he orders his 5k turbo kit. I'm not scared since I'm not stock either and getting trifecta next sale they have, just wanted opinions. He said he'd be running 9.5 psi, I've seen videos of them on YouTube but the times are spread out. Even if it is faster....it's still a college girl Scion TC :iono:

noisemker 04-10-2012 04:54 PM

If hes actually running 15's now he may smoke you onces the turbos on

bmwdon 04-10-2012 05:32 PM

never know until you run him....do it

Patrick864 RS 04-10-2012 05:36 PM

Yeah I've watched many videos of them today and wasn't really impressed by the times for a turbo car...why wouldn't you just save your money and put that 5k towards a faster car stock? Oh well his money his car. If he needs a turbo to beat me so be it. I won't be upset.

Stealthpanda 04-10-2012 05:53 PM

Wouldnt be the first time someones silly I4 TC'd car beat a car that weighs drastically more. Don't misconstrue this as V6 hate, but our ladies need a diet! I know LLT people with suspension work and full bolt-ons NA are running high to mid 13's... but I digress. Havent specifically checked the weight on the, but id have to say its at least 3-500 lbs less before gas and driver :(

Lets just assume he doesnt know how to drive, and you launch hard on him. Cheers.

And to answer your sig, Yes, it does. ;)

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS (Post 4784947)
Even if it is faster....it's still a college girl Scion TC :iono:

Bazinga.

Patrick864 RS 04-10-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealthpanda (Post 4785333)
Wouldnt be the first time someones silly I4 TC'd car beat a car that weighs drastically more. Don't misconstrue this as V6 hate, but our ladies need a diet! I know LLT people with suspension work and full bolt-ons NA are running high to mid 13's... but I digress. Havent specifically checked the weight on the, but id have to say its at least 3-500 lbs less before gas and driver :(

Lets just assume he doesnt know how to drive, and you launch hard on him. Cheers.

And to answer your sig, Yes, it does. ;)

EDIT:

Bazinga.

Yeah who knows what might happen when we race, I'll just tell him to buy me a turbo then we will talk since he has to be boosted to beat a heavyweight v6 :thumbup: that I love so much. Glad my signature was a yes for you, and nice looking CGM :thumbup:

MichaelH 04-10-2012 06:54 PM

no you will still beat him i went to the track and lined up next to a blue turbo scion tc and killed him. FWD is a b***h haha

Patrick864 RS 04-10-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH (Post 4785722)
no you will still beat him i went to the track and lined up next to a blue turbo scion tc and killed him. FWD is a b***h haha

I'm really mixed on it, I see some doing freaking 12s on YouTube and some doing like low 14s. I'm thinking after I get the tune I'll be good to go. Hopefully I can shut him and his girl car up and have the same results as you did :thumbup: oh and again, another very nice CGM!

Stealthpanda 04-10-2012 08:18 PM

Looking more into it.... they weigh under 3,000 lbs.... fuuuuuuuuuuu....... but they are low on hp/torque for the older models. Even the TRD supercharged version only had 200 hp. But they are lighter, actually..... alot lighter. 800+ lbs is alot. 15.6 1/4 stock and there supercharged version ran 14.2... none of these numbers are too impressive honestly. Your mods should throw you into 13.7-13.9 territory, probably better if you hook up. Also depending on your DA as well.

Do it. Ive got faith

EDIT: CGM love.

LandonB 04-10-2012 08:29 PM

Race from a dig, he will have no traction in first. I think you've got him.

MichaelH 04-10-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS (Post 4786173)
I'm really mixed on it, I see some doing freaking 12s on YouTube and some doing like low 14s. I'm thinking after I get the tune I'll be good to go. Hopefully I can shut him and his girl car up and have the same results as you did :thumbup: oh and again, another very nice CGM!

why thank you kind sir and yes CGM always FTW :thumbsup:

DarkneSS 04-10-2012 08:49 PM

Id bet he will have serious traction issues and youll will take the win.

Coyotekiller 04-10-2012 09:02 PM

Those cars don't like extra power too much. If I remember right, they have camry suspension pieces and they don't keep traction too well. Like was said before, he will have traction issues on the strip. Obviously you are smarter than to try to race him on the street so we won't even mention that...

Patrick864 RS 04-10-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealthpanda (Post 4786178)
Looking more into it.... they weigh under 3,000 lbs.... fuuuuuuuuuuu....... but they are low on hp/torque for the older models. Even the TRD supercharged version only had 200 hp. But they are lighter, actually..... alot lighter. 800+ lbs is alot. 15.6 1/4 stock and there supercharged version ran 14.2... none of these numbers are too impressive honestly. Your mods should throw you into 13.7-13.9 territory, probably better if you hook up. Also depending on your DA as well.

Do it. Ive got faith

EDIT: CGM love.

Yeah Im hoping to do good, he thinks hes a bad ass now and wants to get a "boosted" club to start up around here and everything, hopefully I can shut him up. That and another guy that has a POS srt4 that has been fixed like 20 times and has a ton of money into it. He said since he got it back his best was a 14.1 cause of tire spin. My brothers srt4...thats a dif story cause he actually knows how to drive it. CGM love:wub:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandonB (Post 4786264)
Race from a dig, he will have no traction in first. I think you've got him.

Thats what I was going to do...hopefully I will get him :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH (Post 4786359)
why thank you kind sir and yes CGM always FTW :thumbsup:

FTW :headbang:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkneSS (Post 4786388)
Id bet he will have serious traction issues and youll will take the win.

I will let yall all know as soon as we run them :chevy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coyotekiller (Post 4786476)
Those cars don't like extra power too much. If I remember right, they have camry suspension pieces and they don't keep traction too well. Like was said before, he will have traction issues on the strip. Obviously you are smarter than to try to race him on the street so we won't even mention that...

Yeah that was what I was thinking with the whole traction problem. Hopefully I can get a good traction and smoke that little turbo TC...and noooo never on the street :thumbsup: