Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Pics Setting up a Drag Camaro with BMR, Pfadt, Strange, Wilwood Parts!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319255)

Matt @ FSP 09-21-2013 05:12 PM

Pics Setting up a Drag Camaro with BMR, Pfadt, Strange, Wilwood Parts!!

6 Attachment(s)
First off, I would like to say that the BMR 15" wheel kit is a very nice kit. Lots of adjustment. Add in the Strange Coilovers, Pfadt Subframe Bushings/Motor Mounts, Wilwood Drag brakes, it makes for an excellent combination.

Did a sweep of ride height with driver before aligning of course, and we'll be working with the coilover adjustments track-side also. We were able to get it aligned with actually 0* degrees of camber in the rear, which as a lot of people know is great for a drag car but hard to achieve with our suspension setups. Just a hair of toe-in in the front.

Supercharged SS 09-21-2013 05:28 PM

Wow! Looks real awesome Matt.

MANNYS2SS/RS 09-21-2013 07:10 PM

AWESOME MATT!!! Glade you had a chance to help Mike out. I can't wait to see it at the track.

Matt @ FSP 09-22-2013 12:57 PM

Working with Mike yesterday was a pleasure for us. An informed customer, with great racing history makes it easy to dial in his race car.

Now starts the process of dialing in the suspension track-side, we are in the ballpark now just have to finish off dialing it all in.

Bad Dad 09-22-2013 08:16 PM

Likewise Matt, your experience with the IRS cars has improved my confidence that I can make my goal racing the LSx 5th Gen. next year. The BMR 15" Drag Race kit is awesome the PFADT lugs are perfect with the PFADT solid bushings.

Bad Dad 09-22-2013 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 7024510)
Wow! Looks real awesome Matt.

This Laser Alignment is sweet.

2010 SSRS 09-22-2013 08:36 PM

Looks absolutely awesome

BMR Sales 09-23-2013 10:11 AM

I am glad everything went smoothly for guys with the BMR 15" wheel kit. I can't wait to see you guys get the car to the track so we can see what it can really do. I know Mike has been waiting a long time to get to this project finished up and get it to the track.

If there is any way we can help you guys out (Mike or Matt @ FSP) let me know.

Bad Dad 09-23-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 7028444)
I am glad everything went smoothly for guys with the BMR 15" wheel kit. I can't wait to see you guys get the car to the track so we can see what it can really do. I know Mike has been waiting a long time to get to this project finished up and get it to the track.

If there is any way we can help you guys out (Mike or Matt @ FSP) let me know.

Kyle please push for the front subframe member:thanks:

BMR Sales 09-23-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Dad (Post 7028656)
Kyle please push for the front subframe member:thanks:

Oh I have been! :biggrin:

I think it something we will be working on here very shortly and as I get more information I will make sure I forward it on to you.

mlee 09-23-2013 11:48 AM

Did you corner balance? If so how did it come out?

Sweet setup for sure..:clap:

Matt @ FSP 09-23-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 7028718)
Did you corner balance? If so how did it come out?

Sweet setup for sure..:clap:

Not yet Mike... My plan was for now to get Bad Dad over to the track, make some shakedown runs as-is. Ride height is swept already with driver weight in car of course. I'd like to get some runs down track-side with making some shock adjustments, and then we can go forward with corner balancing if necessary at that point. I want to see what shock travel, etc. we have at the track with video and then go from there on the next steps. Plus the car is on low boost for now so it won't hit the tires as hard. Like always, it's a work in progress good thing is that it is forward progress.

We'll see if the weather holds out for us we're looking at hitting BMP this Sunday.

MANNYS2SS/RS 09-23-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP (Post 7028981)
Not yet Mike... My plan was for now to get Bad Dad over to the track, make some shakedown runs as-is. Ride height is swept already with driver weight in car of course. I'd like to get some runs down track-side with making some shock adjustments, and then we can go forward with corner balancing if necessary at that point. I want to see what shock travel, etc. we have at the track with video and then go from there on the next steps. Plus the car is on low boost for now so it won't hit the tires as hard. Like always, it's a work in progress good thing is that it is forward progress.

We'll see if the weather holds out for us we're looking at hitting BMP this Sunday.

That's awesome Matt :thumb:

Rockit_z28 09-24-2013 11:39 AM

Nice setup. Can't wait to get mine next year.