Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Realistic hopes for SC? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172358)

CamaroDreams07 09-19-2011 08:49 PM

Realistic hopes for SC?

I am really looking for some sort of FI. We now have a few working turbo applications, but I'd really prefer SC. So far, everything on that front has fizzled and died. Does anybody know if there is any solid reason to hold out hope a SC will be produced for this motor? With the 2012 coming with a new engine, it seems like now or never. I'd just hate to go turbo and then a SC come along right afterwards.

VR Baron 09-19-2011 09:14 PM

I only hear whispers, but maybe next year a Magi for the Caddy and ours? If legal in Ca which from them they are I hear then one goes on!

01pewterz28 09-20-2011 07:26 AM

I have given up all hopes of a SC for the V6 Camaro I think it's time to face it we are not loved :(

Pt_killa 09-20-2011 07:55 AM

There is one centri supercharger system that will work for our v6. It was produced by D3 for the high performance cts v6 which uses the same LLT motor that is in our car. The system will definitely work on our cars but there may need to be some small modifications to the engine bay and you will need trifecta to tune it. I don't think its that much more expensive than the competitors if you just buy the base kit without their tuning.

Demon Hunter 09-20-2011 01:05 PM

Don't give up hope. I'm holding out hope for one also... With Hyper Tech realesing another tuning option hopefully it will open up the door to more shops trying to produce one.

E.T. 09-20-2011 06:37 PM

It would be nice to have a SC, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath. I'm pretty much modded out for now. I'd like to get a tune and a blower, and be done with it:D

bmorecam 09-21-2011 01:50 PM

It would be cool to see some whipple or maggie on top of our LLT right..?

hunterv6 09-21-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.T. (Post 3779873)
It would be nice to have a SC, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath. I'm pretty much modded out for now. I'd like to get a tune and a blower, and be done with it:D

+1 may look into sts or a single turbo with meth kit don't want to get rid of my LT headers. but i will sacrifice the flow masters and maybe the roto fab i just can get over the location of the air filter there has to be a way to repipe it back to the roto fab. but hopefully by june of 2012 it will b completed (if it was for the wife it would have been but she wanted another house).

SnoopyAce7 09-22-2011 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
theres always the leaf blower alternative :thumbsup:
Attachment 289884

CamaroDreams07 09-22-2011 05:11 PM

I really don't want to go with the STS because I spent a lot of money on my catback. I just want a damn supercharger. I've done pretty much everything else I can/want to on this motor. The RX twin turbo is awesome but that involves sending my car to Florida for two weeks, which on a DD isn't a great option.

Still waiting on the RX cams too..

efpardo 09-22-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 3789085)
I really don't want to go with the STS because I spent a lot of money on my catback. I just want a damn supercharger. I've done pretty much everything else I can/want to on this motor. The RX twin turbo is awesome but that involves sending my car to Florida for two weeks, which on a DD isn't a great option.

Still waiting on the RX cams too..

What He said

mf20 09-22-2011 10:15 PM

Is it simply the fact you spent money on a cat-back system you dont want a turbo?
Not to start this debate again but i think in the long run you would be happier if you just absorb the cost upfront and get the turbo rather than the SC, it has more performance capabilities due to being able to bump up the boost easily after the install without retuning and in the long run youll save the money that you spent on the cat-back with the turbo because it gets better mpg's than the SC, and don't you prefer the sound of a BOV to the monotony of a SC

usa1camaro1969 09-22-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mf20 (Post 3790277)
and don't you prefer the sound of a BOV to the monotony of a SC

I really hope this was a joke.

SIXJAK 09-22-2011 11:44 PM

Count me in for the SC wait.