Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Help! PCM crashed (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295537)

white1LE 05-14-2013 08:48 PM

Help! PCM crashed

I oerdered the 415 Brawler package from Jannetty Racing and included is the SCT tuner, that connects to my android via blutooth. Had problems connecting last night then called Jannetty this am for help. Turns out it needed updates so i did that today and got it to connect tonight and began to upload til it got to 5% then brought up a failure code. Now my stabilitrac and every other light is on in the dash, AND when i turn the key it won't even turn the engine over. I've been building engines and working with tuning for 15 years and this usual isn't good when it stops in the middle of a download. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I did check codes with diognostic side of the tuner and pulled 0 codes.

ICTsccaCamaro 05-14-2013 10:26 PM

Have you tried uplaoding again, at this point if the pcm is toast it cant hurt to try a few more times

white1LE 05-14-2013 10:40 PM

I have but it goes into a generic tuning process where i have to pick the correct PCM and trans.

Scott@Bjorn3D 05-15-2013 06:07 AM

Have you tried to return it to stock? You should of backed up the stock tune.

MikeOD 05-15-2013 01:53 PM

Try to just let the PCM sit without power for a half hour...maybe even unhook the battery.

It's VERY difficult to brick an E38. I don't know if those tuners overwrite the entire flash or just the data tables like actual laptop software does, but again like I said, it's very very hard to brick one...try that and then see if it will take a flash.

thahemp 05-15-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeOD (Post 6547458)
Try to just let the PCM sit without power for a half hour...maybe even unhook the battery.

It's VERY difficult to brick an E38. I don't know if those tuners overwrite the entire flash or just the data tables like actual laptop software does, but again like I said, it's very very hard to brick one...try that and then see if it will take a flash.

Yep. I think pulling power and reflashing has worked in every instance I've ever read where this happened.

Nutbutt 05-15-2013 06:00 PM

Seen this happen. Its not bricked it Needs a total re-flash by either the dealer or a tuning company that has the same/similar equipment. Your system won't do it. I think it goes into some sort of security mode from what I saw.

white1LE 05-15-2013 07:18 PM

Thanks for the help guys! I unhooked the negative battery last night and hooked it up again this am, fired right up and no lights on. TSX wants the tuner so they can reset it then return it to start over.

thahemp 05-15-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white1LE (Post 6548741)
Thanks for the help guys! I unhooked the negative battery last night and hooked it up again this am, fired right up and no lights on. TSX wants the tuner so they can reset it then return it to start over.

Glad you made it out unscathed.

NickJRE 05-16-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white1LE (Post 6548741)

Glad SCT is getting you straightened out, I knew they would. Like I said on the phone yesterday keep me posted :thumbsup:

white1LE 05-16-2013 10:25 PM

Thanks Nick! Called your shop today for a quote on a supercharger package. Looking forward to doing business with you again. It's great to call a business and always get someone on the phone to talk to.

NickJRE 05-17-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white1LE (Post 6553655)
Thanks Nick! Called your shop today for a quote on a supercharger package. Looking forward to doing business with you again. It's great to call a business and always get someone on the phone to talk to.

:w00t::w00t: