Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   ZL1 Lowered Complete with Ride Hieght Sensor Rods, Sway Bars and Bushes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223211)

JusticePete 06-05-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDew (Post 5078349)
But, but, but... lol! Post some more videos of both or it didnt happen!:drool:

How comfortable is that package for the Zl1? Is it still fairly smooth in comfort setting?

I should have new video this weekend.

The ZL1 with bars, inserts and lowering coils is the best riding lowered with coils vehicle I have driven. On in touring, it is very very close to OE. As you ratchet up the incredible MRC the combination gets track ready in a hurry, but that is exactly what we and ZL1 owners would want.

97SS 06-05-2012 07:46 PM

Those lowering springs are a definate downgrade, to the current ZL1 springs (as far as functionality is concerned). They have far less travel, and are very prone to "coil bind". That is a big no-no, in the road race circa. The installed photos shows the upper sections of the spring already colapsed. I guess if your main objective, is less fender gap, more power to you.....

JusticePete 06-05-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97SS (Post 5078670)
Those lowering springs are a definate downgrade, to the current ZL1 springs (as far as functionality is concerned). They have far less travel, and are very prone to "coil bind". That is a big no-no, in the road race circa. The installed photos shows the upper sections of the spring already colapsed. I guess if your main objective, is less fender gap, more power to you.....

The upper coils are not collapsed. They are there to do nothing but keep the coils trapped securely in place when the car is lifted or air borne on track. What the photo shows is more than sufficient travel for any type of driving including on road course use.

Faster12 07-25-2012 09:30 AM

I would like to get those fender vents. Where can I get those and are they functional?

thespymaster 07-25-2012 10:39 AM

Now with 2500 miles on the ZL1; and having ate 3 other ZL1's on the strip that were virtually identical with the exception that mine being PEDDERIZED the Super Ultra Grin is an understatement

Pedders took the most awesome Camaro ever made and took it to a whole nother level of performance and it was backed up on the strip !!

It begs to be taken in auto-x

JusticePete 07-25-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespymaster (Post 5342456)
Now with 2500 miles on the ZL1; and having ate 3 other ZL1's on the strip that were virtually identical with the exception that mine being PEDDERIZED the Super Ultra Grin is an understatement

Pedders took the most awesome Camaro ever made and took it to a whole nother level of performance and it was backed up on the strip !!

It begs to be taken in auto-x

What day will you get in for the FEST?

Jeffm 07-25-2012 08:26 PM

in laymans terms what does all that do

JusticePete 07-25-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffm (Post 5345376)
in laymans terms what does all that do

A Pedderised ZL1 will deliver a more confident feel to the driver. As good as the ZL1 is off the showroom floor these changes make it better. Sort of a ZL1.5 :chevy:

cosmoZL1 07-26-2012 04:14 PM

I'm interested. VERY INTERESTED!! Cost? Availability? Warranty? GM vs Pedders? Will the springs by themselves be enough or will I have to buy the entire package? Please post and or PM me with answers. Thank you!!

JusticePete 07-26-2012 05:32 PM

The bush inserts have more impact than the coils. The bars are equal to the bushes in terms of making a difference. Coils are the final touch on the ZL1.

Scarrzz 07-26-2012 08:28 PM

Very SEXY.

You guys do some amazing things, Pete.

OldScoolCamaro 07-27-2012 07:44 PM

Yup. Pete is a straight shooter for sure. This package will take care of shortcomings in handling and traction issues as advertised I am quite sure. As a matter of fact, after reading about what Pete presented compared to my personal feedback from operating the vehicle I am on board with getting this package when I am ready to upgrade. Pete is spot on folks.

JusticePete 07-27-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarrzz (Post 5351043)

Very SEXY.

You guys do some amazing things, Pete.

Kate is SEXY.

http://www.om-nanya.com/wp-content/u...eckinsale.jpeg

We just work hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro (Post 5355972)
Yup. Pete is a straight shooter for sure. This package will take care of shortcomings in handling and traction issues as advertised I am quite sure. As a matter of fact, after reading about what Pete presented compared to my personal feedback from operating the vehicle I am on board with getting this package when I am ready to upgrade. Pete is spot on folks.

It has been a busy summer. We have had great success with the L/28 and Bruce Raymond's Camaro, but it takes a lot of work. Today we prepped both cars. Well I should say Bruce and Eric did. I just stand around looking good :facepalm: Long story short I just got back to my room tired and grouchy. Then I started running through my emails and forum stuff and came across this.

Thank you for the kind words. You made my day.

OldScoolCamaro 07-28-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 5356563)
Kate is SEXY.

http://www.om-nanya.com/wp-content/u...eckinsale.jpeg

We just work hard.

It has been a busy summer. We have had great success with the L/28 and Bruce Raymond's Camaro, but it takes a lot of work. Today we prepped both cars. Well I should say Bruce and Eric did. I just stand around looking good :facepalm: Long story short I just got back to my room tired and grouchy. Then I started running through my emails and forum stuff and came across this.

Thank you for the kind words. You made my day.

....Ok dammit Scarrzz, I'll get a pic of Kate placed on my ride somewhere as it's becoming a fixation for me as you....:D....I'll make like it's WW2 Warbird noseart..LOL ;). Pete, keep up the great work, the Pedders package rocks, and the L28 ride is a bad go getter. The cream rises to the top and can't help but be noticed. :thumbsup: