Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Trifecta Tune (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309321)

Botoasy 07-25-2013 06:22 PM

Trifecta Tune

I have this tune on my car as of the moment only for the headers, is IPF proven to have horsepower gains because I am just not feeling this tune.

Decepticon21 07-25-2013 07:26 PM

Did you do a log file and send it in after your headers were installed?

menendez1293 07-25-2013 08:46 PM

From the few people that have done the IPF it has been shown to give more HP gains than the trifecta. Most of the modded 6s have all agreed that tirfecta is a glorified way of taking off the CEL that comes with headers. Most people have said that there cars are running better without the tune.

Cmitopgun 07-25-2013 09:03 PM

Im about to install long tube headers soon myself. Is there a different way to clear the CEL without a tuner like trifecta?

menendez1293 07-25-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmitopgun (Post 6821120)
Im about to install long tube headers soon myself. Is there a different way to clear the CEL without a tuner like trifecta?

Unless you use a code reader each time the code come sup no. You have the choice between IPF, hypertech, trifecta, and the code reader

Swarm 07-25-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menendez1293 (Post 6821027)
Most people have said that there cars are running better without the tune.

What?!

KalCorp 07-25-2013 10:36 PM

Trifecta Tune

I for one feel the difference with trifecta tune over stock. And they do list HP gains just like IPF.

And anytime you reload the EUC on our LLT's it always feels like it runs better. need to wait some time before comparing it.

You can even log it and/or monitor it yourself to see if there are issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

menendez1293 07-25-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swarm (Post 6821409)
What?!

Almost all the frequent posters in the V6 lounge have had more problems than its worth with trifecta

'11CamaroLS 07-26-2013 12:54 AM

when I originally got my Trifecta tune I felt the gains. but after I did more mods I went back to stock for an issue I had, and when I retuned I didn't feel it really. Now as far as how my car runs, it runs great with my tune, I don't feel like ive lost power, and my mileage if I don't use ghost cam isn't negatively affected.

pgustavson 07-26-2013 09:19 AM

I have yet to be "WOW'd" by any mods performance-wise. (My butt-dyno must be getting fat, old, and cynical...) I must say that the Trifecta transmission tune came the closest though. A close second is the Vararam - not for the performance - but for the change in sound at WOT. I haven't had any issues with the Trifecta tune, my car is running well; but I've read about people feeling that things got better for them after taking it off. I must admit I would like to get an wideband AFR gauge on the car because I've also read about a lean-running issue one member on here had with a Trifecta tune. But that may have been particular to his car/application.

PoorMansCamaro 07-26-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menendez1293 (Post 6821238)
Unless you use a code reader each time the code come sup no. You have the choice between IPF, hypertech, trifecta, and the code reader

the code reader won't help much. you can clear it, but it will turn right back on, in a matter of seconds or minutes.

PoorMansCamaro 07-26-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgustavson (Post 6822443)
I have yet to be "WOW'd" by any mods performance-wise. (My butt-dyno must be getting fat, old, and cynical...) I must say that the Trifecta transmission tune came the closest though. A close second is the Vararam - not for the performance - but for the change in sound at WOT. I haven't had any issues with the Trifecta tune, my car is running well; but I've read about people feeling that things got better for them after taking it off. I must admit I would like to get an wideband AFR gauge on the car because I've also read about a lean-running issue one member on here had with a Trifecta tune. But that may have been particular to his car/application.

you should try nitrous then. lol you'll "WOW". :D

its a syn 07-26-2013 09:42 AM

As gustavson said, tran tune is the most noticeable. I have Injen longtube CAI, Ported throttle body when the tune was installed. Have added the ice-olater and need to get a data log back to them to see if it needs adjusting. Mostly I think it is tying all the mods together and making them play nice. Ipf does a great job also.

pgustavson 07-26-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 6822485)
you should try nitrous then. lol you'll "WOW". :D

:eyebulge:- wwwwwow!!!:laugh: