Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Charleston, SC 5thgen Camaro Sitings (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23970)

b4z 05-23-2009 08:41 AM

Charleston, SC 5thgen Camaro Sitings

Thought i would start a Charleston camaro thread.
We already have talked about the black ss and iom ss.
I rode through Hendrick savannah hwy dealership earlier this week and saw a silver camaro going through prep and then the next day i saw a yellow V6 sitting out front. the next day it was gone.

dannydbloody 05-23-2009 05:37 PM

Saw an LS Victory Red in the Navy Commissary parking lot. (Goose Creek)

Michael 05-24-2009 06:11 PM

Marathon in North Charleston had a black 1SS on the floor (already sold) and two base models. Don't buy there though... they're asking $7000 over MSRP and they've got the worst customer service I've ever seen in any dealership.

VenomZ302 05-25-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4z (Post 512643)
Thought i would start a Charleston camaro thread.
We already have talked about the black ss and iom ss.
I rode through Hendrick savannah hwy dealership earlier this week and saw a silver camaro going through prep and then the next day i saw a yellow V6 sitting out front. the next day it was gone.

I believe the yellow V6 is their dealer car. However, I could always be wrong...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 515464)
Marathon in North Charleston had a black 1SS on the floor (already sold) and two base models. Don't buy there though... they're asking $7000 over MSRP and they've got the worst customer service I've ever seen in any dealership.

I had to have my 2000 Camaro get its bumper replaced at Marathon. I'm with you... I had an awful experience with them.

truck21 05-25-2009 04:26 PM

Just got this email form the other Marathon. They're asking 7 grand over as well. No surprise there, I guess.

This is Adam Collins, Internet Manager for Marathon Chevrolet Summerville...I must let you know I have one 2010 Chevrolet Camaro for sell that will be listed below for sale to first qualified buyer. This vehicle along with options and selling price will be listed below so this should answer all your questions. Please I ask that you call or email the time or date that would be most suitable for you to stop in to view this vehicle. If you like the vehicle you will be able to drive off today!!! Please call or email so I can make special arrangements for you.

Thanks,
Adam Collins
Internet Manager
Marathon Chevrolet Summerville
843-873-1810

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT Coupe

Victory Red with Black interior

3.6 liter V6 with Automatic Transmission
bluetooth
wireless pdim
usb port
steering wheel controls
leather wrapped steering wheel
remote starter
onstar
rs package
20" painted alum wheels with midnight silver finish
body color roof ditch molding
halo ring head lights
rear spoiler
rs unique tail lamps

Selling price: $34,030

truck21 05-25-2009 04:30 PM

Don't know if it's their dealer car, but the V6 at Hendrick is for sale. They tried to sell it to me Saturday after I told them I wanted an RS, which it isn't. They also want 7 grand over. I'm assuming one of the four or so people I saw looking at it were willing to pay to have it and it's gone. The sales guy said they're getting more in next week (maybe).
On a better note, Marchant is getting in a 2LT on RS Rally Yellow with auto and sunroof sometime soon if you're looking for one right now. Good dealer, no crap and very no pressure.

VenomZ302 05-26-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truck21 (Post 517461)
Good dealer, no crap and very no pressure.

+1, based on my experiences thus far.

They didn't even really pressure me into ordering a Camaro and it only took me 5-10 minutes to place the order with them.

b4z 05-26-2009 03:27 PM

saw a red camaro coming out of orleans rd. onto savannah hwy yesterday.
I think it was a base car and had a paper tag. maybe a rental car.
There was no spoiler.

truck21 05-29-2009 05:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Saw a Camaro in Chick fil A on Rivers tonight. Looked nice, even in the rain. Put in pics, but they weren't the best quality. Hard to use a camera phone while driving. Car looks great though. Marathon has a couple of Camaros sitting out front, not sure what packages they are, but I know they're asking a big markup on them.

VenomZ302 05-30-2009 11:40 AM

^ I think that's the first one that Marchant sold. There are pictures of it in Spike's (I think) thread about the first Camaro sold in SC.

I saw a SIM 1LT without a sunroof today at Starbucks near Tanger Outlets. Looked nice.

patriotpa 05-30-2009 11:49 AM

Good thread on sightings.

truck21 05-31-2009 04:49 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Took some pictures of the cars at Marathon. They look great in the sun. Tried to get a few angles in the sunlight. Stickers are for a Rally Yellow 2LT non RS and SIM 2LT RS.

b4z 05-31-2009 09:04 PM

marathon, yuck.
I am sure there is a dealer processing charge on top of the $7K ADM.
Funny how they have a couple of camaros on the lot with $7KADM and they are still sitting there.
I saw both a red and yellow camaro at Rick Hendrick Friday.
Bet there is a ADM on those also.

So i can pay $7K over MSRP at Marathon or i can get a car for $98 over INVOICE at Marchant. what to do, what to do? LOL.
Heck it's only about a $8500 difference or $170 a month on a payment.
ROFL.

truck21 06-01-2009 09:31 PM

I know, I'm not a fan of Marathon or Hendrick. How can they expect someone to pay 7k over when they have 4 cars on the lot? And we can't forget the random extra fees and paint protection they put on at the last minute. I work too hard to just give my money away like that. I went with Marchant and I'm not sorry at all. :thumbup:

b4z 06-02-2009 06:57 AM

yeah, i just don't think i like the yellow. it's a little over the top for this 46year old and i like to fly a little under the radar, and yellow is about the worst color for that.

VenomZ302 06-04-2009 06:28 AM

I'm just not sure yellow's a good color for this Camaro. When I saw the yellow 2LT on Rick Hendrick's lot, I thought it was just okay, but when I saw someone test driving it down 17, I specifically thought, "hmmm. I guess I don't like the Camaro in yellow."

Good to see that Marathon's got them now, too, but as said previously, my allegiance (for lack of the proper term) lies with Marchant.

And, yes, Rick Hendrick has its yellow 2LT for 7K over MSRP. Or maybe 6999 over. Can't recall exactly.

For what it's worth, my fiancee (wife in 9 days!) texted me this morning as she got to work, telling me she saw a red SS on the way to Hollywood. Not sure where she saw it, exactly, though.

VenomZ302 06-09-2009 02:13 PM

My fiancee (wife in 4 days!) apparently just saw an IOM Camaro pull out of Rick Hendrick.

CamaroSpike23 06-11-2009 07:35 AM

I saw a red v6 yesterday while I was driving to get lunch... decided to follow him.... he was on Independence avenue heading towards the airport.... we get to the airport and he turns into the private parking. I loop back around and see a CGM v6 sitting in the parking lot as well.

b4z 06-13-2009 10:05 AM

where is independence ave.?

b4z 06-13-2009 10:06 AM

rick hendrick has 2 yellow camaros now.

b4z 06-16-2009 05:43 AM

Was in front of a black Camaro on savannah hwy today then while up on rivers at otranto saw a silver one gettting filled up at a gas station by what looked like a marathon salesman.

CamaroSpike23 06-16-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4z (Post 580977)
where is independence ave.?

sorry, meant International blvd
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...title&resnum=1

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4z (Post 580985)
rick hendrick has 2 yellow camaros now.

saw a black one out there today as well. might have been a sold order. didnt have time to swing by and check it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4z (Post 588654)
Was in front of a black Camaro on savannah hwy today then while up on rivers at otranto saw a silver one gettting filled up at a gas station by what looked like a marathon salesman.

Marathon has a couple v6's out now

b4z 06-21-2009 01:50 PM

saw the balck one out front yesterday. doubt that it is a sold order.
looks like it has a adm sticker on it.

VenomZ302 06-29-2009 12:04 PM

I'm wondering if they'll let me test drive the black SS. Not really expecting they will, though...

By the way, I saw a Red Jewel Tintcoat SS in the Rick Hendrick parking lot the other day. Looked like the owner might have been picking it up.

Oh, and Marathon seems to have sold all (or maybe three) of the Camaros they had previously. When I went by yesterday, they only had one red RS, but it had black stripes on it. They really need to get a better person doing the stripes...

VenomZ302 07-21-2009 05:46 AM

If anyone in the area hasn't seen Cyber Grey Metallic yet, there's one at Marathon (or at least it was there on Saturday). It's a 2LT with the RS package and black interior.

Also, it seems that they're letting people test drive the black SS at Rick Hendrick.

Lee9710 07-21-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VenomZ302 (Post 550478)
I'm just not sure yellow's a good color for this Camaro. When I saw the yellow 2LT on Rick Hendrick's lot, I thought it was just okay, but when I saw someone test driving it down 17, I specifically thought, "hmmm. I guess I don't like the Camaro in yellow."

Good to see that Marathon's got them now, too, but as said previously, my allegiance (for lack of the proper term) lies with Marchant.

And, yes, Rick Hendrick has its yellow 2LT for 7K over MSRP. Or maybe 6999 over. Can't recall exactly.

For what it's worth, my fiancee (wife in 9 days!) texted me this morning as she got to work, telling me she saw a red SS on the way to Hollywood. Not sure where she saw it, exactly, though.

To each his own....but I thought the same thing until I saw my Yellow 2SS up close and personal. It is a beautiful color, plus it is an old school muscle color. Way back when, most of the older cars came in some form of Yellow, even the Camaro. I think all the colors look great on this car. Everyone has least favs and most favs but I think GM did a great job with the colors. Just wish the inserts on the inside of my door were yellow instead of grey.
I was parked beside a yellow '06 GTO, yellow '08 Z06, my buddies '07 Mustang GT, and a yellow Porsche and it looked awesome together.

CamaroSpike23 07-21-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VenomZ302 (Post 704069)
If anyone in the area hasn't seen Cyber Grey Metallic yet, there's one at Marathon (or at least it was there on Saturday). It's a 2LT with the RS package and black interior.

Also, it seems that they're letting people test drive the black SS at Rick Hendrick.

gonna swing by there sometime this week or next if I get time. driven by there too many times already. and that black SS is in a different spot (moved a foot sideways or forward/backward) each day, so someone is trying it out.

BobC 07-26-2009 12:17 PM

:happyanim: Im new here....My wife just got her 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS with white stripping and black and orange interior....awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....if you see it around Columbia wave...anyone know where I can get the floor mats in black with orange lettering and binding?...

BobC 07-26-2009 12:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wifes camaro and my vette

camaro crazy 219 07-27-2009 06:23 PM

:drool: man those are sweeeeeet rides.

BobC 07-27-2009 06:43 PM

Thanks Crazy....my wife loves her new camaro....me, I'll stick with the vette...

VenomZ302 07-28-2009 07:30 AM

Saw the only Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro in Charleston (so far) again yesterday and then saw that McElveen in Mt. Pleasant has an IBM 2SS/RS with white stripes and a SIM 2SS/RS with the black hockey stick/bonnet stripe kit as well as black gill striping. That sold me on the gill stripes and they'll definitely go on my car.

b4z 08-09-2009 04:05 PM

Rick Hendrick

In addition to the red one with balck stripes parked in front, I found a silver, black and aqua blue all SS/RSs in the back. All of them had $6990 ADM stickeers on them and were over $44,000.
Gee, I wonder if they were to park all 4 of them upfront could they get a $7K over?

VenomZ302 08-10-2009 10:05 AM

There's an aqua blue one? I'll have to swing by Rick Hendrick at lunch, then.

Edit: I think that aqua blue one might have been mine. I went by Rick Hendrick at lunch and there wasn't an aqua blue one there. However, mine arrived at Marchant early this morning/last night.

b4z 08-11-2009 07:15 AM

did you drive to the back of the lot?
They were there Sunday afternoon and had the Hendrick ADM stickers.

Congrats on your ABM!

I think I like SIM and IBM the most.

VenomZ302 08-12-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4z (Post 784915)
did you drive to the back of the lot?
They were there Sunday afternoon and had the Hendrick ADM stickers.

I drove all around the lot looking for it on Monday.

Just checked camaro.spasticsquirrel.com and it looks like one with black interior was ordered for Rick Hendrick. Maybe it was that one. Did you notice the interior? I just know that there wasn't an ABM Camaro there when I went by at lunch on Monday.

Quote:

Congrats on your ABM!
Thanks! Picked it up last night and put ~30 miles on it. :D

Showguns 08-21-2009 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Questions for Charleston owners:
1) How many of you actually have the new Camaro? and what model is it?

2) Who drives the black with silver stripes that I see on top of the Don Holt bridge (I526) every day at about 4:15?

I'm trying for a white 2SS auto & GFX (w/blue stripes painted on), but don't want to pay the extra $6-$8k markup.
This my current ride:

cowboy74 08-21-2009 07:06 PM

chas sc camaro sightings

i live in goose creek and matter of fact know of 5 2010 camaros locally black 2ss/rs ls rally yellow with black stripes inferno orange plain silver ls and a plain red ss . matter of fact last weekend i spent a few hours talking to the owner of the black 2ss/rs its a nice lookin ride all black with the 21 inch rims and blackouts round taillamps and the ground effects exhaust ports :headbang::happyanim::)

VenomZ302 08-22-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showguns (Post 827338)
Questions for Charleston owners:
1) How many of you actually have the new Camaro? and what model is it?

2) Who drives the black with silver stripes that I see on top of the Don Holt bridge (I526) every day at about 4:15?

I'm trying for a white 2SS auto & GFX (w/blue stripes painted on), but don't want to pay the extra $6-$8k markup.
This my current ride:

1. I've got mine by now and camaroincarolina has hers (saw it this morning, actually). Both of us have Aqua Blue Metallic SS Camaros. Mine's got the RS package and the 2SS grey leather while hers doesn't have the RS package and has the 1SS black cloth interior.

2. Haven't seen it, but would like to.

It would be cool if, when we've all got our cars, we can all meet up and share stories and whatnot.

VenomZ302 08-22-2009 08:45 PM

I should probably mention my latest sighting, actually. Marathon Chevy in North Charleston has a CGM 2SS/RS with Inferno Orange stripes and interior. It was the first time I've seen that interior option, so that was kind of cool. They still have their black rally striped Victory Red RS, too. Can't remember whether that's a 1 or 2 LT, though.