Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The Pfadt Rear Trailing Arm: coming soon! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62692)

PfadtRacing 01-26-2010 03:31 PM

The Pfadt Rear Trailing Arm: coming soon!

New Official release thread here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70029

Hey everyone, we wanted to introduce you to a new product we are developing, and will be available soon: The Pfadt Rear Trailing Arm.

This direct replacement trailing arm, is part of our ongoing effort to provide well engineered solutions to Camaro suspension shortcomings. We highly believe that taking this iterative design approach, and putting in analysis time on our designs to come up with a refined component, is what gives us our advantages over the competition.

Our new Pfadt trailing arm sets itself apart from other offerings. Take a look below.

http://www.pfadtracing.com/photos/da...ng-Arms-2a.jpg
http://www.pfadtracing.com/photos/da...ng-Arms-2a.jpg

Designing this part to be both lighter weight and higher strength then the factory component proved to be rather difficult, but was well worth the time involved, as we feel it resulted in the best replacement trailing arm on the market.

Here are some details:
300% strength increase in tension and compression
65% reduction in deflection
6% weight reduction each, excluding bushings
Grease fitting for easy lubrication
Polyurethane trailing arm bushing kit is included
Powder coated silver

Please feel free to give us feedback on this item. We are looking forward to providing more details here.

baranowski 01-26-2010 03:34 PM

Looks great! Has the stock trailing arm proven to be faulty or lacks something? At least for cars under the 700 + horsepower?

PfadtRacing 01-26-2010 03:46 PM

Hi baranowski,

Thanks for the comments. We have documented a vast amount of OEM suspension deficiencies in the form of video. This trailing arm was one of the pieces we focused on. We found that there is a tremendous amount of deflection in the OEM arm, with all OEM suspension and power/drivetrain. This happened in pretty much all areas of basic driving including low speed cornering, high and low speed braking, as well as acceleration. Is was absolutely astounding.

We are working on editing these videos as we speak. Because we took so many, they require a large effort to get them to where they are "to the point" and accurately portray the concerns in the OEM Camaro suspension.

Thanks for your inquiry! Any more questions please let us know, or call us!

E85LSX 01-27-2010 09:35 PM

Looks sick. . .

baranowski 02-02-2010 09:19 AM

Thanks for getting back to me. the arm looks killer. I live in florida, are you going to sell bare metal, paint, or powder coat? I am all for lighter parts that are stronger. but also NEED rust prevention. BTW I am looking at coilovers for the camaro. I am stuck between yours and the kw V1. I do not need to have the ajustability of the dampaning as I am not a professional driver taking these on a road track. I would like better shocks with the HIGHTH adjustability and progressive springs. So, what is the difference between yours and the V1's?

PfadtRacing 02-02-2010 11:15 AM

Hi baranowski,

The trailing arms will be available in powdercoated silver, for exactly your concerns.

Because we have not officially launched our coilovers yet, there is not a tremendous amount of details out there on them. I'll try to fill in a few of the high points of what is coming. I've added some info below in regards to the features of the Pfadt coilovers and why they are a bit more expensive as a result.

The benefits of having an adjustable damper, benefits regular everyday users, as well as guys who take their Camaro to the track. In your case the adjustability would be used to fine tune the ride quality to your personal taste, and leave it there if needed.

The main features of our Pfadt Coilovers:

Inverted monotube design in on the front strut. This provides that really large shaft section that you see with our front coilover. That is important because the front strut takes cornering loads in these cars and the stiffer the tube, the better. This has the effect of placing the adjuster knob on the bottom of the strut for easy access. It is a click style adjuster with 20 clicks that are very positive and easy to feel. It is a simple matter of reaching around the front tire and making a couple of twists to change your damping.*

Inverted body design on the rear damper. This reduces unsprung mass (a good thing) and also places the adjuster at the bottom of the damper where you can reach it. It is also a click style adjuster wrapped around the shaft section just below the spring perch.

Our dampers in both the front and rear feature single point adjust-ability which controls both compression and rebound damping together. This is a design that we have found to be very flexible and user friendly in our Corvette offerings. Basically, you do not need to be a damper engineer to be comfortable making adjustments and it is easy to switch from a 'street' setup to a 'track' setup with just a few clicks.

Our damper are mono-tube design and feature a separate internal gas chamber, which in the industry is referred to as 'non-emulsion' design. Mono-tube non-emulsion shocks are what you find on most every production based race car everywhere. It is the best design and provides the most consistent and reliable operation. Many of the other offerings for the Camaro are not, ask the manufacturer if you are curious.

The final feature about our coilovers that I will share today is that our coilovers take a 'standard' flat ground race spring. Many others use a custom spring to fit the Camaro specifically. This is what you are referring to for a progressive spring. We decided against a progressive spring because we wanted a full range of travel, with linear spring rates. This is our opinion as to the best option for the Camaro chassis. Using a standard spring size allows extreme flexibility in spring rate choice. You can call up any spring supplier and order springs in 25 lb/in increments that will work on our coilovers. We provide a set with our coilovers that will work well for most people, but the flexibility is there for those who want it.

Please give us a call if you have any further questions. We are here to help!

PfadtRacing 02-02-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E85LSX (Post 1424003)
Looks sick. . .

Thanks!

baranowski 02-02-2010 11:23 AM

Thank you for the information. I just have found over the years of building older cars, that It seems to stay with the same company for RELATED components. Like suspention, including all related parts. Coilvovers, and related bars for the suspention. A package seems to work the best for me.

Bill Baranowski

PfadtRacing 02-02-2010 11:29 AM

No problem, Bill. We have got you covered if you require a package of Pfadt suspension components. Bars, Coilovers, bushings, arms, etc! Thanks for the inquiry

baranowski 02-02-2010 11:30 AM

Love the TOTAL package and thanks for getting back so very quick.