Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   bolt ons vs rims?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310164)

parkermoeder 07-30-2013 01:03 PM

bolt ons vs rims??

Im debating whether to either get tsw nurburgrings(i know a friend who can get them wholesale for $1300) and i need new tires anyway so im not including that in the cost or should i get this package from phastek that has a CAI intake and stainless power headers with cat delete for $950 and since im getting headers id have to get a tune which is $300-400 for a dyno tune? so they are around the same price and does anyone know a good tuner in the KC area? i have a warranty until next july and not sure if i want to void it or not. help me decide
Thanks

ron10 07-30-2013 01:16 PM

if you don't want to void your warranty,go with the wheels.that's what i would do.

usafboy 07-30-2013 01:18 PM

Rims for show, bolt ons for go, depends on what you want to do. I would go for the bolt ons but that's my opinion. All that's matters is what you want more

Diode Dynamics 07-30-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkermoeder (Post 6838560)
Im debating whether to either get tsw nurburgrings(i know a friend who can get them wholesale for $1300) and i need new tires anyway so im not including that in the cost or should i get this package from phastek that has a CAI intake and stainless power headers with cat delete for $950 and since im getting headers id have to get a tune which is $300-400 for a dyno tune? so they are around the same price and does anyone know a good tuner in the KC area? i have a warranty until next july and not sure if i want to void it or not. help me decide
Thanks

MC Racing is the only one I am familiar with

-Nick C.

*I just moved to STL from Leawood btw

lscamaro 07-30-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usafboy (Post 6838623)
Rims for show, bolt ons for go, depends on what you want to do. I would go for the bolt ons but that's my opinion. All that's matters is what you want more

In this case, the rims would be for go as well. The tsw are a lot lighter than the factory ss wheels so it'll help performance as well

gajagfan 07-30-2013 01:27 PM

Not sure what the rims you are looking at weigh, but lighter un-sprung weight is a performance enhancer too.

parkermoeder 07-30-2013 01:32 PM

My stock rims are currently plasti dipped. So they dont look bad and but with the nurburgrings id run 315 out back would that increase my traction noticibly and I know the weight savings will help some too.

Diode dynamics- thanks and cool I love leawood. Whyd you move too stl?

Diode Dynamics 07-30-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkermoeder (Post 6838682)
My stock rims are currently plasti dipped. So they dont look bad and but with the nurburgrings id run 315 out back would that increase my traction noticibly and I know the weight savings will help some too.

Diode dynamics- thanks and cool I love leawood. Whyd you move too stl?

Lol, I moved to STL to work at Diode Dynamics.

Still a Royals/Chiefs fan

Nick C.

vroomapunk 07-30-2013 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by parkermoeder (Post 6838560)
Thanks

It doesnt automatically void your warranty, only bites you in the ass if your tune causes damage, which you wouldnt expect the warranty to cover anyway.

I love the sound of headers, and like the stock rims. I pinstriped the edge of my stock rims and it made my like them alot more, only cost about 9$.

with my cars I do usually wait to buy rims when i need tires. But in this case, I really like headers, cai, and a tune. Makes the car great.

I acutally have SP LT Headers, and CAI Inc intake, and a dyno tune, its a great combination, I love driving my car so much more.

Denis 07-30-2013 01:51 PM

A set of wheels changes the look of the car exponentially. I'm a big fan of the bolt ons that I've done...but my Nurbergrings are probably my favorite purchase.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...60D8B77D17.jpg

And btw...I'm running 315 Invo's out back and I get better off the one traction with my pZeros...so something to keep in mind.

battlekat 07-30-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajagfan (Post 6838657)
Not sure what the rims you are looking at weigh, but lighter un-sprung weight is a performance enhancer too.

:word:
i did the same thing with my car since i needed tires. getting lighter/wider tires will greatly help your performance along with the looks of the car. i remember watching an episode of 5th gear where they compared typical mods and noted that the top 2 items that improved the performance of the car was upgraded wheels/tires and driving lessons.

go with wheels/tires. you'll get better performance and probably fall in love with your car all over again everytime you look at it.

Denis 07-30-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battlekat (Post 6838824)

go with wheels/tires. you'll get better performance and probably fall in love with your car all over again everytime you look at it.

:amen:
This!

Diode Dynamics 07-30-2013 02:08 PM

If you need a hookup on tires, shoot me a PM. I know somebody local that can help you out

-Nick C.

caverman 07-30-2013 02:13 PM

I would prefer the intake/headers/tune.

The OEM wheels are heavy as crap but I really like the looks of them. I know lighter wheels will give you some performance but I can't imagine they will be any where near the 40 rwhp you'll get out of the headers.