Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Motor trend rates drivers car including zl1 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252976)

ronss 09-30-2012 10:22 AM

Motor trend rates drivers car including zl1

Zl1 comes in at 6th out of 9 just ahead of mustang, they say interior is cheap, and don't like the plus 2 ton weight either..:iono:

zl1bro 09-30-2012 11:33 AM

I don't get the constant harping on the "cheap" appearance of the ZL1 interior. I mean its not a Ferrari but I actually like it and I'm not easy to please. I owned a '10 GT500 and I think the ZL1 interior is far nicer..

ronss 09-30-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zl1bro (Post 5637776)
I don't get the constant harping on the "cheap" appearance of the ZL1 interior. I mean its not a Ferrari but I actually like it and I'm not easy to please. I owned a '10 GT500 and I think the ZL1 interior is far nicer..

There you go,screw them if u like it:chevy:

Rubble2240 09-30-2012 02:01 PM

Agreed...my buddy has a 911 Carrera S and he was in my car for the first time yesterday. He was impressed with the interior and the room. Nothing wrong with this interior at all.

Kmax 09-30-2012 02:38 PM

Who really cares what Motor Trash thinks. Typically it's just two peoples opinions and we all know what opinions are like.

KKreme15 09-30-2012 03:37 PM

Did you guys hear about Florida? I think there's gonna be a recount. Man, this election is crazy..

SuperCarEnthusiast 10-01-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubble2240 (Post 5638149)
Agreed...my buddy has a 911 Carrera S and he was in my car for the first time yesterday. He was impressed with the interior and the room. Nothing wrong with this interior at all.

Glad he said that! He told the truth for once in his life! LOL!:sm0:

69NMYSS 10-01-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kmax (Post 5638215)
Who really cares what Motor Trash thinks. Typically it's just two peoples opinions and we all know what opinions are like.

The annual Best Drivers Car issue is far more intense than just two people's opinions. Very extensive testing of each vehicle for over a week on the track, roads, strip, freeways. Get the issue and read it. This is one review that is done properly, probably the best review of any mag.

Kmax 10-01-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69NMYSS (Post 5640039)
The annual Best Drivers Car issue is far more intense than just two people's opinions. Very extensive testing of each vehicle for over a week on the track, roads, strip, freeways. Get the issue and read it. This is one review that is done properly, probably the best review of any mag.

It's still someones opinion. Especially when it comes to visual. You can have a half a dozen people testing and get a half dozen different views. To each there own.

DRKS1D3 10-01-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kmax (Post 5640147)
It's still someones opinion. Especially when it comes to visual. You can have a half a dozen people testing and get a half dozen different views. To each there own.

:word: Liking the interior is personal preference. Some like it, some don't. It's an opinion not a fact.

Norm Peterson 10-01-2012 06:56 AM

The magazines are always going to judge the car interiors of US Domestics harshly. I am so sick of complaints about things like the quality of the plastic that I want to sentence every single reviewer to one year of driving 1950's cars that had no dashboard padding at all (just painted sheetmetal with a little bright trim).

There really is no need for that sort of bias to wiggle its way into a comparison of Drivers Cars except to the extent that the seats or controls might be uncomfortable or poorly positioned for . . . ummm, driving (geez, what a concept!).

When the topic is driving, as the title of that MT article claims, any perceived quality of the interior should not even be crossing your mind. Nor should it even in your normal daily driving. There's plenty of opportunity for being concerned about that sort of thing when you're detailing or showing the car, and MT and the rest should feel free to write up a separate review of these cars as objects d'art if it means that much to them.

Norm

zl1bro 10-01-2012 09:06 AM

It's interesting that the #2 ranked car, the Merc AMG, achieves nearly identical stats on all the instrumented tests compared to the ZL1 and weighs almost exactly the same yet it comes out in the #2 slot while the ZL1 is #6. And btw, it costs twice what the ZL1 costs. In my subjective opinion it also looks like s**t... But what a rich interior is has... LOL