Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   To Mod or not to Mod? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48335)

luvnmycamaro 10-21-2009 02:05 AM

To Mod or not to Mod?

I see alot of people on the site that want to modify their new camaro.
What about all the people that are happy with the way it works and looks?
I plan on putting CAI and CBE (brand?), but really love the looks of the Camaro as it is. If you have already done some send some pics.

Rockytophummer 10-21-2009 02:42 AM

I like my car the way it is. Only plans I have are tinting the windows. If I had planned on modding mine out I would've just got 1st Camaro I saw and not ordered it the way I wanted! Plus I'm over my racing days so my bone stock 2SS is more power than I will ever need or even think about using! But I don't fault anyone who wants to have the fastest ride out there. I just don't have desire to do any upgrades or at least not at this point! Maybe in a few years I'll hit my midlife crisis and go buck wild trying to feel like Im young dum and full of cum still! Lol! To everyone who still drives wild and crazy have fun be safe & keep the racing on the tracks!

20 Camaro 10 10-21-2009 03:44 AM

Everybody has to make it their own ;)

I tinted the windows, blacked out the bowties, and coming soon a Maggie!!

Sir Nuke 10-21-2009 07:21 AM

ITS GOT TO BE DONE, if for no other reason, to make it MINE, and no one elses.

GreyGhost 10-21-2009 07:44 AM

Mine is on the train, and the "goodies" are collecting at home waiting for its arrival. Gotta make it mine. Cosmetic stuff like custom stripes, window tint, halos and HID's, bow tie treatment, but probably not the drive train....well, maybe not. You never know.
:-)

SamsinSS 10-21-2009 10:26 AM

For me I said no. My thought is the engineers designed the car to run with all the parts it has as they are. I just feel going and changing this that and the other out with aftermarket parts doesnt do a body good.............Just my 2 cents......

The_Blur 10-21-2009 10:31 AM

It's not yours unless you make it yours. When you get a car, you get a car from GM. GM designers and engineers built it for everyone who would be interested in this segment, but you aren't everybody. You're you. You should be able to drive a car to your configuration, with the suspension that you want, with the sound system that you want, with the hood of your choice, and that loud exhaust from your favorite company.

topgun1 10-21-2009 11:32 AM

auto customization--it's a billion dollar business. People want to stand out, make their car unique, apart from the rest of the pack, continuing to improve its look and performance, although some folks may not realize that they draw negative attention to themselves when they go overboard or put things on cars that doesn't make sense or exist. But, to each their own! I don't necessarily think that people truly believe they need all that performance, it's just a passion that people have for their cars and a pasttime that will never go away.

themossman 10-21-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 1071010)
It's not yours unless you make it yours.

I'm pretty sure your bank would disagree with you....

Sir Nuke 10-21-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themossman (Post 1071281)
I'm pretty sure your bank would disagree with you....

bank? BANK?!?! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN BANK!!!

SirBrad 10-21-2009 12:32 PM

I love it the way it is.

No mods - maybe window tinting one day, that's it.

Kelso 10-21-2009 12:35 PM

Make it yours man, its all abt what u plan on doing. I have some serious grudge matches to take car of some mines gettin mods.

fastal 10-21-2009 01:09 PM

I've done a few minor appearance mods and have an Air Aid intake sitting in my living room. My plan at this point is to modify my 2LT/RS to get sea level performance out of it, since living near Denver is a real bummer for power.

dmo 10-21-2009 01:24 PM

I said no but I'm going to after the warranty wears off.