Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Funny squeaking noise... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33701)

kanys 07-22-2009 01:50 PM

Funny squeaking noise...

Just noticed today that there is a squeaking or chirping sound coming from the front right area of the car. It makes the sound randomly (no pattern like at a certain speed or road texture) . It definitely sounds like a suspension problem cause it makes the same chirp/squeak whenever i hit a bump like going into the driveway, and it is only on the front right strut area. I was gonna give it a day to maybe fix itself if it is a lubrication issue or something like that. Anyone have a similar problem or know what I am talking about? It has a little over 300 miles in case that helps.

SirBrad 07-30-2009 03:37 PM

Yep, except mine almost sounds like it's coming from the glove box. Is that what you're hearing?

montej23 07-30-2009 05:11 PM

sounds like a trip to the dealership heck its under warenty id be taking the car in for everything

cmgolfr212 07-31-2009 09:10 PM

I got it too. its pretty annoying. It sounds like its either the strut or something inside the glove box but Im leaning towards option 1

LS3SSRS 08-30-2009 03:55 AM

have any of you found the problem? i have the same sound and it's really annoying. it reminds me of the glass rubbing against the rubber seal on the back hatch in my old jimmy. its like its a rock in the suspension or something... every little bump, just cruising i can hear the front right side sqeaking around.

anyone?

MrGazinya 08-30-2009 06:22 AM

"SQUIRREL"

Sorry couldn't resist.. For all you movie buffs

kanys 08-30-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGazinya (Post 862023)
"SQUIRREL"

Sorry couldn't resist.. For all you movie buffs

lol yeah that was what i was thinking when i made this thread!

but as for the problem itself, mine went away after about a week, which leads me to suspect it was just a lubrication issue that sorted itself out in the heat.

Eric Baker 04-04-2010 07:17 PM

Sorry to dig this up but better than starting another thread. I'm having a similar problem, but can't pinpoint the location. Noticed it when cruising near the beach today especially. At slower speeds with the windows open(so I can hear what's going on outside) I hear intermittent squeaking coming from the suspension I think. Not all the time and usually only on smaller bumps. My car has just over 900 miles. Didn't seem to happen until I'd been driving for a while, so maybe the bushings where warm...?

JOET638 04-04-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Baker (Post 1676551)
Sorry to dig this up but better than starting another thread. I'm having a similar problem, but can't pinpoint the location. Noticed it when cruising near the beach today especially. At slower speeds with the windows open(so I can hear what's going on outside) I hear intermittent squeaking coming from the suspension I think. Not all the time and usually only on smaller bumps. My car has just over 900 miles. Didn't seem to happen until I'd been driving for a while, so maybe the bushings where warm...?

By any chance do have ground effects on your car? I started a thread myself today I was having the same problems. After searching the car high and low I found that the exhaust tip was hitting the metal the exhaust trim cutout on the rear valance and that was my squeak

Eric Baker 04-05-2010 12:02 PM

No I don't but I'll take a look at the exhaust. Seems to do it more while cruising at lower RPM, so that could be the case.

Eric Baker 04-07-2010 07:38 PM

Well I took a vid today to get some audio of it. I went to go for a ride today and noticed it was really bad as soon as I started driving down my street. It does it over smaller bumps it seems, rather than large jolts like a pot hole, even on the highway. It's so bad it's embarrassing to go anywhere. I'll try and take it to the dealer this weekend, but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had any similar issues. Sorry for the wind noise, this was the best I could do tonight.

Blackend SS 04-07-2010 08:28 PM

Im gettin a rattling from the rear, but its only at a stand still at idle. I think maybe the muffler hangers ?

Hanzo 04-07-2010 09:06 PM

I would hear a loud tick whenever I went over a bump. I thought it was coming from the windshield but now I think it might be the plastic gauge cover. This is probably something other than what all you are talking about.

twr0912 04-09-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Baker (Post 1676551)

I have had an annoying squeak since day two and I've almost had my car a year. It sounds like it's in the dash or under the hood but it's not. My squeak is the carrier bearing and they have ordered a whole new driveshaft. If you can replicate your noise on a lift with the car started and in gear this may be your issue as well. Good luck

Moorepheus 04-09-2010 08:32 PM

I am getting rattling from rear end when I hit bumps (it's not the spoiler nuts). Maybe I need to do this....

zahidismaeel 04-12-2010 03:45 AM

For all guys

Please go to your dealer and ask them to change the strut mounts.this problem is related to that and definately it ll solve the problem:)
i am still planning but i know it is due to strut mounts..
enjoy...

Eric Baker 04-12-2010 09:00 PM

Makes sense. I'll look into it.

txogre 04-24-2010 06:52 PM

I will be going to the dealer on Monday. I just notice out of the blue a squeak/rattle. There is no noise when the car is stopped, revving motor etc... The really weird thing if I drive in reverse the noise is not there, only moving forward. Also it does not sound any different when applying the brakes, so I am thinking this is not a brake pad issue. I will let you know something in a day or two.

Sam

twr0912 04-24-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twr0912 (Post 1699265)
I have had an annoying squeak since day two and I've almost had my car a year. It sounds like it's in the dash or under the hood but it's not. My squeak is the carrier bearing and they have ordered a whole new driveshaft. If you can replicate your noise on a lift with the car started and in gear this may be your issue as well. Good luck

Had the driveshaft replaced this past wednesday and my squeak is gone. It's so great! Don't know if this is anyone else's problem but might be something to look in to.:clap:

txogre 04-28-2010 12:30 PM

Ok got mine fixed today. They found a missing bolt from the right rear brake shield. Well my story has a happy ending for the moment, no more sound on the trip home. It was nice to drive with the windows down and the music at a decent level.

Sam

Hylton 04-28-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Baker (Post 1689619)
Well I took a vid today to get some audio of it.

Watching that vid is like being on a carnival ride. lol!

johndawg 04-28-2010 01:43 PM

I have a noise but it doesn't start until I get to 2-3K rmps...

camaro500 05-17-2013 12:50 PM

I have 300 miles on my car and driving for a couple of hours (some hard turn ins)yesterday and the minute i hit a rough patch of road this squeaking noise started. It is definitly coming from the front passenger side near suspension(linkage area). Everything is nice and tight when inspecting from a lift so I am assuming it is a bushing that needs to be lubed or broken in or replaced. Dissapointing and embarassing but no biggie.

camaro500 05-17-2013 12:51 PM

Possibly even sway bar bushings dry and unhappy lol

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-17-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro500 (Post 6555497)
I have 300 miles on my car and driving for a couple of hours (some hard turn ins)yesterday and the minute i hit a rough patch of road this squeaking noise started. It is definitly coming from the front passenger side near suspension(linkage area). Everything is nice and tight when inspecting from a lift so I am assuming it is a bushing that needs to be lubed or broken in or replaced. Dissapointing and embarassing but no biggie.

Greetings camaro500,

Sorry to hear about that noise. Please let me know if you'd like me to schedule a dealer visit for an inspection. Feel free to PM me regarding this matter.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care