Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Lca bushing (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311610)

lscamaro 08-07-2013 03:06 AM

Lca bushing

Quick question guys. If I want to get the lca bushing from pfadt, which is the one I have to pick? It's not one of the ones in the trailing arm and tie rod pack right?

blazzin1 08-07-2013 07:38 AM

Are you talking "Rear" LCA Bushings? From what I could find on the PFADT website, they don't sell an individual set of replacement rear LCA Bushings. They sell some "Front" LCA Bushings, and there may be some rear inner LCA Bushings in one of there full bushing replacement packages, but I didn't see anything sold individually. And No, the Trailing Arm/Toe Rod package has nothing to do with the LCA. Just FYI....nobody makes a rear outer LCA bushing, only inner. The outer is actually a factory ball joint on the hub....no need for replacement. But I think I remember someone making an inner bushing replacement for the OEM rear LCA's, but I just can't find them now....even on the BMR website. Hmmmm....maybe Pedder's???

lscamaro 08-07-2013 12:18 PM

Do you think there's a difference that'd be worth me putting an aftermarket bushing in? I know I saw a thread on a pfadt bushing but can't find it on their website. I think pedders definitely makes one

blazzin1 08-07-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6868856)
Do you think there's a difference that'd be worth me putting an aftermarket bushing in? I know I saw a thread on a pfadt bushing but can't find it on their website. I think pedders definitely makes one

If you're going to stick with OEM LCA's for now....I personally wouldn't mess with it. If/when you upgrade to aftermarket LCA's, they would come with the required bushing.

Rob@WretchedMS 08-07-2013 01:15 PM

The Front Rearward arm (Lower Control Arm) Bushing is not made by Pedders, This is because the stock bushing is very good, replacing it with a poly bushing would have very minimal gains and making parts just to sell parts is not how Pedders works.

Not knocking other brands, Pedders makes parts for Street cars that happen to work very well on the track, There are other companies that make 'Race' parts that are not designed for the street, but will in many cases work well, and in other cases not so well.

lscamaro 08-07-2013 01:27 PM

Thanks for the info Rob that's all I wanted to know. I'm doing the fe4 conversion from pedders and wondered if the lca bushing was any good. I'll go ahead and install everything then.

Rob@WretchedMS 08-07-2013 01:32 PM

if you run in to any problems during the install give me a call

lscamaro 08-07-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS (Post 6869208)
if you run in to any problems during the install give me a call

Will do, thank you very much rob