Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Many Cancelling Order if no ABL (ambient lighting) ? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10735)

Rallyman6 12-18-2008 03:30 PM

Imho - To cancel your order due to no ABL - is a little whacked.
If you are saying..."The reason I bought this camaro is that it has ABL" and if you cancel you never really wanted the camaro that bad. It's a nice feature but come on...really

I ordered a RS/2SS - #1 for the fact of the performance and styling.

In other words...I don't give a S#@!

detroitboy 12-18-2008 03:33 PM

Its a deal breaker for me. Jeez...per the mailing I got yesterday from my local Cadillac dealer I can get a new DTS with a northstar V8 for $34,580...and that even has a heated steering wheel!

I know they're not the same car...but just saying that for $4,000 less I can get options up the butt (and climate control) in a Caddy. Give me something for the cool factor of the car for the extra money or I'll go luxury or wait until HUD and ABL comes out on the Camaro. And probably my supplier pricing by then too.

fixxer56 12-18-2008 03:42 PM

No way, waited tooo long for this Camaro and all the ups and downs we've gone through

NAHURRY 12-18-2008 04:38 PM

:word:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 220295)
I will not cancel, but I WILL postpone until it does come out. If the final is NO ABL, then I will get the car. But, as I have said in the other thread, I will EXPECT to see a price difference.

ZombieEatsYou 12-18-2008 04:42 PM

Doesn't some other GM car already have ABL? I seem to remember one (the G8?) did, so can't imagine why it wouldn't be added. It's not new technology; how hard could it be?

2010_5thgen 12-18-2008 04:48 PM

its not a deal breaker for me. ive waited so long, i cants waits no more!

Rodrunner 12-18-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou (Post 220510)
Doesn't some other GM car already have ABL? I seem to remember one (the G8?) did, so can't imagine why it wouldn't be added. It's not new technology; how hard could it be?

Ok, maybe I just don't care enough about the ABL to get worried, but guys, like Zombie said, it ain't rocket science! They don't need to develop a faster processor to handle all the calculations or something. Probably just a light source issue, maybe just the wattage of it to get the right luminance, brightness. But hey, knock yourselves out. We are getting short on topics, which is a GOOD thing - less and less problems/complaints.

GLBL WMR 12-18-2008 05:14 PM

I can't for the life of me imagine how this would be a deal breaker for anybody, especially those who have already placed an order.

MerF 12-18-2008 05:51 PM

I would be disappointed, but not a dealbreaker. Like others have said, I would expect a price adjustment.

And for the record, i despise these threads because they become the source of rumors and drama, something Camaro5 has a legacy of NOT having.

Just saying I propose a lock unless we hear this is a real possibility from Scott or one of the dealers.

TomServo 12-18-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou (Post 220510)

The Cadillac CTS has it, it's going on TWO model years. Don't understand why there would be any problems. Visit a CTS forum and no one has reported ANY problems.

Me thinks this is another nasty rumor. BTW go visit the CTS web site and they have a great demo on it.

Vash 12-18-2008 06:15 PM

Besides ever hear of modding? Consider the base car the canvas and add your personal touches. Besides the integrated panels and trim glow. There are superior systems out there with million color & audio plug in etc.

Besides this is indeed a silly rumor because Chinese plastic panels and led's are not a problem for GM $$$ They are "plus sell" items.

Plus sell means you have the base car and you sell extras to increase the profit. Simple business way. So I would probably file this rumor under "have you seen the Christmas light LED selections at the china marts recently". As in sarcasm to all the ships of containers and 12 hour day non stop cheap labor lines that will produce your precious glow panels... trust on that.

:)

StarkyLuv 12-18-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 220332)
it's only part of the 2LT/2SS packages with the leather and other bells & whistles...

and when i order i definitely won't cancel on account of ABL (i'm getting 1SS)
i do plan to add it later, though

I got the 2LT with the RS package. Will I be getting the ABL?

Not a deal-breaker but I'm curious.

FenwickHockey65 12-18-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarkyLuv (Post 220602)
I got the 2LT with the RS package. Will I be getting the ABL?

Not a deal-breaker but I'm curious.

Yes you will.

StarkyLuv 12-18-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 220609)
Yes you will.

Sweet.

I cannot WAIT for this car.