Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   nosy neighbor (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171976)

slow one 09-17-2011 05:39 PM

nosy neighbor

i have lived in my new home for about 10 months now. it is in a rural type area. im looking for advice on building a temporary way to block my neighbors view of my back yard and some of the front. she is a crazy old lady that has called the cops on me twice for nothing. she is always "snooping" through her windows when im mowing the yard or just outside. im thinking about making a temporary fence with small posts and a tarp. but it is a large area i need to block off, basically the entire side of my house. any suggestions?

Capthowdy 09-17-2011 06:00 PM

go to an army navy store and buy some camo tarp....she will love that...

hotrodsally 09-17-2011 06:09 PM

Depending on where you live (CC and Rs, municipal and county codes, etc) a make-shift fence with a tarp may not be much of an option and a "real" fence can cost some serious $$. You may want to consider greenery (trees and bushes) to create a privacy wall.

Another thing to consider is to make her your friend. The next time you have a small group of friends over for a BBQ or a similar event, invite her over. It will give her a chance to get acquainted with you (and vice-versa) and satisfy her curiousity. She may just be lonely.

Even if you'll never be "friends" in the strictest sense, it's always good to be on friendly terms with your neighbors; you never know when you'll need them.

Good luck.

skuttduck 09-17-2011 07:37 PM

Kill her with kindness. Smile to her, wave to her. Send her a plate of cookies.

That should drive her crazy wondering what you will do next :)

shank0668 09-17-2011 07:57 PM

What you do is go to a junkyard and buy every crushed car, then stack them up on the property line.

2ndgenz28 09-17-2011 08:28 PM

Flip the tables, sure there is someone you can call that will go check on elderly people who act strange. Might be doing her a favor if she is losing touch with reality.

Just tell them you are worried abouther strange behavior and she lives alone and someone should check up on her.

Jay_LHD3 09-17-2011 08:36 PM

What nothingness does she call the cops about?

Berean 09-17-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shank0668 (Post 3767395)
What you do is go to a junkyard and buy every crushed car, then stack them up on the property line.

This.

TOMS1SS 09-17-2011 08:48 PM

Trees and a restraining order if she keeps harassing you.

slow one 09-17-2011 08:48 PM

i had some people over last night and had a fire in the back yard. a controlled fire in a firepit i made. she called 911. the cops know shes batty, but i guess they would get in trouble if they didnt respond. i tell them shes crazy, and they say "we know". and its not that im scared of getting in trouble, bc i dont do anything wrong, its just the fact that it pisses me off that she keeps doing it.

csjcsj 09-17-2011 08:52 PM

I 2nd the Leland Cypress trees, they grow really fast and aren't that expensive! Just make sure they are far enough off the property line!

Russo 09-17-2011 08:54 PM

so yall don't have a fence yet? my parents put up a fence and grow bamboo that gets 20ft tall

Iroczlover 09-17-2011 09:24 PM

do a 6ft privatly fence.
I have the same issues with my neighbors as well.but we cant have fences lol,

2ndgenz28 09-17-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slow one (Post 3767554)
i had some people over last night and had a fire in the back yard. a controlled fire in a firepit i made. she called 911. the cops know shes batty, but i guess they would get in trouble if they didnt respond. i tell them shes crazy, and they say "we know". and its not that im scared of getting in trouble, bc i dont do anything wrong, its just the fact that it pisses me off that she keeps doing it.

see post #9 cops may know she is a loon but an agency that can do something about it may not. She might need help.