Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Looking for a new dealer.... (Dealer Transcript) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8235)

GreySteele06 10-14-2008 05:58 PM

Looking for a new dealer.... (Dealer Transcript)

So heres my deal: I am currently deployed with the Army in the 12th month of a 15 month tour. I sold my truck before i left as sitting them in the pacific NW for 15 months is ill advised and my nice 4x4 was getting 12MPG... (thank goodness i sold it then as i wouldnt get crap for it now.... As far as the Camaro goes timing couldnt be better right? Getting back in February... give me 10 days work then a nice long leave and show up ready to go in March with a new camaro delivered to the dealer waiting on me. Perfect timing right?

So I have a deposit down at a small friendly dealer in outide of Tacoma, WA... Problem is too small. I was #5 and they are allocated 4. so i recieved a very nice referal to another dealer in town... look them up and they have a website, as all of them do, that even has a chat room where you can talk to a salesman (or woman as it could be). Perfect for me as am deployed, dont want to be charged 30cents a minute if im just looking for some quick information. The information that is very important to me at this point is Price... and ALLOCATION as I have NO car currently and dont want to have to rent one for very long until it comes in. So the fun with this chat room is I can now post the transcript for yall to see some of the fun interactions with Salesmen:

(I have taken the names out, out of courtesy)

Me:
Do you have any information on the 2010 Camaro... your allocation/ how many orders you currently have in?

Welcome Me! Your request has been directed to the Internet Sales Department department. Please wait for our operator to answer your call.

Call accepted by operator Dealer. Currently in room: Dealer.

Dealer:
Hi Me, how are you??
Dealer:
Before moving forward, could I have your name please, I like to create a more personal experience for my customers
Me:
My name is Me
Dealer:
Thank you. We are accepting orders as we speak - pretty big deal today as a matter of fact
Dealer:
We have three orders in today and can take as many sold orders as we want
Me:
yah its nice to do buisiness in person however its not quite an option now as im out of the country
Me:
how many total sold orders do you have in?
Dealer:
I completely understand. Are you in "the sandbox"
Dealer:
We have three sold orders in because of our pricing.
Me:
ha, yah you could call it that.. middle of baghdad
Me:
what pricing are yall offering?
Dealer:
Thank you for your service
Dealer:
We are offering $0 over MSRP
Dealer:
For our online customers
Me:
would yall honor the chevy military discount if they put on on it?
Dealer:
Of course we would, but that is not going to happen for a year or so.
Dealer:
We don't even have it on the Traverse yet and those are rolling into the dealerships now
Me:
i see, do yall know your current allocation?
Dealer:
We can pre-order as many as we want. They won't be built until Feb/March 2009
Dealer:
Allocation only counts for cars that are meant for stock. Allocation is for Corvettes. We can order as many as we want that are sold order
Me:
chevy did release there projected allocations through Q3 O9 for camaros though...
Dealer:
You asked me and I am telling you, we don't have allocations, we have sold orders that we are placing into the system
Dealer:
If I had a customer that wants 30, we could sell 30
Dealer:
The reason they are doing a 5 month pre-order is so they can have all the parts and materials they need. If they started building and decided to start letting dealers order, their would not be anything promised to the customer for customization
Me:
Ok what is the # that is for yalls delership at chevylaunch.com
Dealer:
I believe that is confidential
Me:
how would that be confidential?
Dealer:
Because the information contained in that website is for dealer use
Dealer:
I am all about giving the customer what they want and can provide any information on that website
Me:
and it shows the projected # of cars to each dealership, based on chevy sales and mustang registrations in the area
Dealer:
Thank you for your time. If you would like to order a vehicle I can email you information. Do you have any other questions for me?
Me:
wow are you serious?
Dealer:
I am curious why our allocation is important to you?
Me:
because i return in Febuary, and sold my truck before i came over here
Dealer:
And if you pre-order a car - you will have it in March
Me:
that really depends on how many preorder cars.... the plant can only produce so many at a time
Dealer:
I agree - well I have 3 in as of today
Me:
and they are distributed to dealerships based on an allocation plan
Dealer:
Do you have any other questions I can answer?
Dealer:
I saw one in Dallas... very nice car!
Me:
more cars go to bigger dealerships
Dealer:
The one in Dallas was an RS, Black w/ Black
Me:
yes, what is your allocation.... The problem is if you are allocated very few cars it would not matter how many orders you put in....
Dealer:
Looking at GMLaunch right now and it says initially 9,
Dealer:
So we have 6 more
Me:
thats what i was looking for, have they stated when that allocation is disbursed through, timeframe?
Dealer:
Production starts in February in Canada
Me:
so i dont beleive in march you will have 9 cars show up... it would most likely be 1 in march, 2 the next and so forth....
Me:
just wondering when the 9 was through? Q3 or something like that?
Dealer:
It's hard to say. I have a customer in my office now, was there anything else I can do for you?
Me:
wow you really want to get rid of me dont you? that will do it....
Dealer:
I don't really know how to assist you.
Dealer:
You have your own speculations and my answers don't mean anything to you
Dealer:
I am very very good at what I do, and if you had questions about the car, I could help you, but you are asking me questions that I am not sure how to answer accurately, standing behind the answer 200% which is how I do business
Me:
just looking for some information, nice to find out everything you can when you are looking at a $30,000 car, i will call another salesman if i have any other questions, thank you for your time
Dealer:
Thank you as well - Have a great day!
Dealer:
I can answer product questions, but nobody will know the production dates quite yet.
Dealer:
Thank you again for your servic
Me:
Febuary 16th is production date.... if you need more information go to www.camaro5.com and look at the forums.... especially the ordering and allocation part.... thanks
Dealer:
I know that.. but are they going to build all of them that day.
Dealer:
I am on Camaro5.com
Me:
and now you want to get smart with a customer? im done here.
Dealer:
Have a nice day

My favorite part: "Allocations are for Corvettes".... Seriously?.... It takes all kinds....

So i may call the dealership and ask for a different salesman.... anyone have any other recomendations for a dealership in the pacific NW or Northern Colorado preferably with High allocations and low order (same thing we all want)?

avol2 10-14-2008 06:12 PM

Did you get ahold of Parkland Chevy?
Tracy was My Salesman... I was very happy with the process.. so far.. :)

I talked to Gilchrist yesterday the guy I talked to was totally clueless.
I talked to Bruce Titus, but they told me 5-10k Markup..
That's why I got it at Parkland, I am glad I didnt have to drive to Friendly's in Puyallup.

My husband has taken his Silverado to PArkland Chevy for years and loves the service department, and I as a Boy Scout Volunteer was able to get some stuff donated a few years ago for the local pinewood derby.. so with that being said... They support the community, and take care of other dealers messes... (with the truck) and Puyallup Chevy (gone now).

BFreedman 10-14-2008 07:23 PM

I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with my service. As I said, I have no problem pre-selling a car. I just can not guarantee a build date to keep your time without a vehicle to a minimum. When I make a deal, I stand behind it 100%. You asked for our ChevyLaunch number and I couldn't give that out because that is dealer information, you became irritated. I had a customer come into my office and wait as I kept the conversation going, you became irrate.

I would love to do business with you, as I stated, I can not guarantee a car will be available when you come home, however, I will give you great service if you give me a fair chance to earn it.

I learned at an early age to underpromise and overdeliver - in this case, I would rather look like the bad guy, then look like the good guy now and the bad guy in June, if you did not have your vehicle.

Please accept my apology.

Eighty-Six Z 10-14-2008 07:35 PM

All he was asking was how many cars have been allocated to your dealership. Why could you not answer that question? It's on Chevy's webpage. :iono:

trm0002 10-14-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BFreedman (Post 158582)
I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with my service. As I said, I have no problem pre-selling a car. I just can not guarantee a build date to keep your time without a vehicle to a minimum. When I make a deal, I stand behind it 100%. You asked for our ChevyLaunch number and I couldn't give that out because that is dealer information, you became irritated. I had a customer come into my office and wait as I kept the conversation going, you became irrate.

I would love to do business with you, as I stated, I can not guarantee a car will be available when you come home, however, I will give you great service if you give me a fair chance to earn it.

I learned at an early age to underpromise and overdeliver - in this case, I would rather look like the bad guy, then look like the good guy now and the bad guy in June, if you did not have your vehicle.

Well, color me impressed; nice though out apology. You should have given him the allocation number right off the bat though. I knew it 5 minutes after my dealer knew it; they couldn't call me fast enough...

avol2 10-14-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BFreedman (Post 158582)

Kudos to you the salesman.... 1 for not fibbing to him about a promised delivery dates.. SINCE no one really knows when they will be delivered.. and 2 for stepping up and apologizing!...

I did order my carmaro from your store yesterday, and I really dont think anyone locally will get the same service that I know Parkland Chevy has to offer. I stand by my earlier recommendation to the author to contact Parkland Chevy.

Talking via phone or in person is so much easier, and words just get read worng so often on internet forums and even in chats. maybe it was just a misunderstanding on both parties side...

Good luck with your search, but in Tacoma Parkland Chevy was the only dealer that wanted to take my preorder.

JC

avol2 10-14-2008 07:47 PM

He did tell him they had 9 allocations... and sold 3 .. I'm not sure how many of the salemsan know the Camaro stuff yet.. but I had told him to talk to Tracy (the salesman that helped me)..

trm0002 10-14-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avol2 (Post 158641)
He did tell him they had 9 allocations... and sold 3 .. I'm not sure how many of the salemsan know the Camaro stuff yet.. but I had told him to talk to Tracy (the salesman that helped me)..

Yes, but after he pulled some teeth. It's not like it's some big secret nor is it a question that didn't DESERVE an answer right off the bat.

rayhawk 10-14-2008 07:52 PM

In all fairness, I think you have to give the dealer a bit of a break. It would be guessing for him to tell you that you will have your camaro by a certain date. I understand your situation but cut the guy some slack, he is trying not to mislead you.

trm0002 10-14-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayhawk (Post 158653)
In all fairness, I think you have to give the dealer a bit of a break. It would be guessing for him to tell you that you will have your camaro by a certain date. I understand your situation but cut the guy some slack, he is trying not to mislead you.

Agreed that the dealer did the right thing by NOT guaranteeing a delivery date; however, IMO, it would have been much easier for all involved had he simply said, "We're getting 9 of which 3 are already sold. Unfortunately, no dealer, including us, can even begin to estimate a delivery date because of all the intangibles involved with launching a new car. All I can tell you is production is scheduled to start Feb 16th. However, if you listened to the CZ28 podcast, it sounded as if that was a guaranteed LATEST date so it could be sooner."

What's so wrong with being totally honest upfront?

boot879 10-14-2008 08:01 PM

Salesman seems like an up and up guy/gal. Seems to me things got mixed up a little.

Pushing_Tin 10-14-2008 08:09 PM

He didn't seem out of line to me, he spent a lot of time answering your questions. Can you imagine dealing with cyber tire kickers all day long? You might be a tad impatient too.

Just sayin.

playhard67 10-14-2008 08:17 PM

Kudos to the salesman - BFreedman for showing up on this site and also for trying not to mislead GreySteele06.

However a BIG question I have is - Aren't you in the Internet sales department?? Why do you have a customer coming into your office?? Your Internet Customer should be your TOP priority.

boot879 10-14-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playhard67 (Post 158711)
Kudos to the salesman - BFreedman for showing up on this site and also for trying not to mislead GreySteele06.

However a BIG question I have is - Aren't you in the Internet sales department?? Why do you have a customer coming into your office?? Your Internet Customer should be your TOP priority.

lol... my guess is the "internet sales department" is just - HEY YOU... YOUR GOOD WITH COMPUTERS RIGHT... YOU HAVE COMPUTER DUTY!