Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Roto-Fab CAI Install with Pics (5 Stars) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38469)

TampaBayCamaro 09-24-2009 09:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I just installed my RF CAI today. Just took it for a spin and man you can tell a difference in the seat plus it sounds better. I want the engine to look great so i got the polished tube with IBM air box and have chrome fuse relay cover and chrome engine covers with a IBM plenum coming as well... Can't wait to get them.

Mike was very helpful and will do just about anything you want with color and options! :clap: Better to call Mike as their site does not have all the options they offer yet.

Here are some pics...one before and a couple after :happyanim:

ssmike 09-24-2009 09:42 PM

Looks great! Can't wait to see pics with your new engine covers! My CAI and RJT covers should be coming next week! I'll post pics also!

Roto-fab 1 09-25-2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomic Autosports (Post 963382)
Hello Mike
We just picked up our new Camaro and started searching for an intake. I know you do quality work and will probably buy a CAI from you. During your testing what gains did you get with your unit?
Jimmy

Long time, no see! I hope all is well for you. Customers have told us +15 to over 20HP with our intake alone! More importantly, customers consistently say its a difference they definitely feel! BTW, these are numbers reported back and/or posted from customers on this forum.This is a quality intake and I'm confident you will be happy with it.
You may also be interested in the Camaro engine covers as well as our own fiberglass plenum cover. The engine covers are similar to our Corvette covers you are familiar with except they are designed specifically for the Camaro and are available with end caps. For those who want the straight through air passage, we still offer the covers without end caps.
The plenum cover is our own product designed to go over the stock plenum cover. Installation time is under 10 minutes with no fuel rail removal as necessary to replace the stock plenum cover. The plenum covers are available in any color or with a CF finish as shown below. You can also order a paint ready cover if you want to custom paint yourself. I look forward to hearing from you. :thumbsup:
Mike

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1253881527

rico-2SS 09-25-2009 12:11 PM

I might have found my CAI........
I PM-ed you Mike

Atomic Autosports 09-28-2009 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 (Post 966914)
Long time, no see! I hope all is well for you. Customers have told us +15 to over 20HP with our intake alone! More importantly, customers consistently say its a difference they definitely feel! BTW, these are numbers reported back and/or posted from customers on this forum.This is a quality intake and I'm confident you will be happy with it.
You may also be interested in the Camaro engine covers as well as our own fiberglass plenum cover. The engine covers are similar to our Corvette covers you are familiar with except they are designed specifically for the Camaro and are available with end caps. For those who want the straight through air passage, we still offer the covers without end caps.
The plenum cover is our own product designed to go over the stock plenum cover. Installation time is under 10 minutes with no fuel rail removal as necessary to replace the stock plenum cover. The plenum covers are available in any color or with a CF finish as shown below. You can also order a paint ready cover if you want to custom paint yourself. I look forward to hearing from you. :thumbsup:
Mike

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1253881527

Hello Mike
Glad your doing well...I would like a set of unfinished covers with open ends. I see in the picture you have Carbon fiber tube for the CAI. Can you PM me a price for the following. I will become a vendor here soon and will show your products in our pictures.

Engine covers unfinished open ends
CAI with carbon fiber tube
intake cover in CF

Look forward to hearing from you:thumbup:

Roto-fab 1 09-29-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico-2SS (Post 967903)
I might have found my CAI........
I PM-ed you Mike

Here's a link to one of the IOM air box pics. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44499

I will post pics of the CF finish MAF sensor housing when I have them.:)

rico-2SS 09-29-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 (Post 981661)
Here's a link to one of the IOM air box pics. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44499

I will post pics of the CF finish MAF sensor housing when I have them.:)

Thanks I will check it out.

Roto-fab 1 10-10-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TampaBayCamaro (Post 965994)
I just installed my RF CAI today. Just took it for a spin and man you can tell a difference in the seat plus it sounds better. I want the engine to look great so i got the polished tube with IBM air box and have chrome fuse relay cover and chrome engine covers with a IBM plenum coming as well... Can't wait to get them.

Mike was very helpful and will do just about anything you want with color and options! :clap: Better to call Mike as their site does not have all the options they offer yet.

Here are some pics...one before and a couple after :happyanim:

The IBM looks almost black in most pics. It's amazing how it transforms in the sunlight. We did get more parts back from our chrome plater, but they also held onto 3 for re-finishing. We are definitely in the market for a chrome plating facility that can consistently finish our covers to a high quality level...and in a timely manner!

chef5330 10-11-2009 01:06 PM

Roto-Fab

Thanks for the great product you sell. Really wakes up the car. Check out the pic's on a Aqua Blue Metalic.:thumbsup:

Roto-fab 1 10-14-2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef5330 (Post 1031203)
Thanks for the great product you sell. Really wakes up the car. Check out the pic's on a Aqua Blue Metalic.:thumbsup:

I'm really glad to hear you are happy with the intake. Where are the pics posted?

d69chris 10-16-2009 12:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Mike, Your on display in the OC!

How's that for a Plug? Trim piece goes on tomorrow.

iBK3000 10-16-2009 12:53 AM

Can't wait to get my 'Maro and slap some RFab parts on!

v6sonoma 10-16-2009 09:12 AM

I have one question. Does it come with stickers? Because no matter how much the intake makes. It'll make like double with stickers. At least that's what my friend thinks. :rolleyes:

d69chris 10-16-2009 01:44 PM

You get extra stickers! :happyanim:

Everytime Mike send me anything, an invoice, a rubber seal, you name it, I get not one...not two...but maybe three! :w00t:

I can barely see out the windows through all the stickers, but the car is Faster! :sm0:

You can also put them on your tool box, your pet, the fridge, television, back of the door in the toilet room, to remind you you have one bitchen CAMARO!

Thanks Mike!

Roto-fab 1 10-16-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d69chris (Post 1052702)
You get extra stickers! :happyanim:

Everytime Mike send me anything, an invoice, a rubber seal, you name it, I get not one...not two...but maybe three! :w00t:

I can barely see out the windows through all the stickers, but the car is Faster! :sm0:

You can also put them on your tool box, your pet, the fridge, television, back of the door in the toilet room, to remind you you have one bitchen CAMARO!

Thanks Mike!

Thanks for showing off our products...and stickers! (not sure about the toilet room though?!)
We've had several guys ask about painting the inlet elbow since you've posted your pics. Who did yours? What was the process to ensure adhesion?

d69chris 10-16-2009 05:39 PM

Had it done at a local shop here in Corona, CA

Primed - base coat- clear coat. He paints milion dollar cars down to a mule that was auctioned off for charity. They were picking up the big plastic rear piece when I picked up mine. I guess he knows plastic, among other things.

Hey, I do some of my best spending contemplation there, ya know.....that room!

email: tony@speedshopcustompaint.com 951/808-0881 Not in today 10/16/09

Wait, I take it all back! You cannot paint your inlet tube IOM, it doesn't work, you will not like it..................There can be only ONE! :sm0:

You know, Highlander :slice:

Tillman Speed 10-16-2009 06:05 PM

We love the Roto-fab cold air intake systems! We sell and install them on every Camaro that comes through the shop. Hands down the best quality, fitment and performance.... period!

I have seen 18RWHP on an LS3 and over 21RWHP on an L99 SAE Corrected before and after!

Get this intake, get a custom dyno tune, and guarantee you're in love with the car 100 times more!

Chris

fixxxer525 10-16-2009 09:15 PM

Is the Roto-Fab intake real Carbon Fiber or just more of that Hydro Carbon Fiber? If its not real carbon fiber, I'll take the regular black tube version.

Mark-HD 10-16-2009 09:49 PM

Mke,
Is the orange elbow and map sensor housing available? I just installed the IOM box.

Roto-fab 1 10-17-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer525 (Post 1054400)
Is the Roto-Fab intake real Carbon Fiber or just more of that Hydro Carbon Fiber? If its not real carbon fiber, I'll take the regular black tube version.

The carbon fiber finish is just that-only a finish. It looks great, but performance is absolutely identical to our standard black plastic tube.
In spite of that, I'm surprised more people don't go for the CF finish. Perhaps better pics of the finish on our website would help. It is a really nice looking tube.:thumbup:

fixxxer525 10-17-2009 02:43 PM

For me, I like Carbon Fiber. But if its not real Carbon Fiber then its a waste of cash. My Ducati 999S doesn't have Carbon Fiber finish parts, it has carbon fiber parts. I didn't even know what Hydro Carbon Fiber was, until I started looking for Camaro parts. Thats why I ask vendors if its real or just a carbon sticker wrap.

djsnoflake 10-17-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 (Post 1056321)
The carbon fiber finish is just that-only a finish. It looks great, but performance is absolutely identical to our standard black plastic tube.
In spite of that, I'm surprised more people don't go for the CF finish. Perhaps better pics of the finish on our website would help. It is a really nice looking tube.:thumbup:

Aww man I got told your carbon fiber was still in the works otherwise I would have got that instead of regular black plastic.

Oh well, it still kicks ass

drtwo 10-18-2009 08:52 PM

Being in the 'intake' business. Would you give me your honest opinion on the oil type filter vs the regular (non-oil) filter. I used to have a K&N and did have it gum up my MAP sensor with the oil vapor that it produced. I am VERY skeptical about getting another oil type filter, but it seems many people are doing fine with them. What is YOUR Roto-Fab opinion?!

djsnoflake 10-19-2009 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drtwo (Post 1060615)
Being in the 'intake' business. Would you give me your honest opinion on the oil type filter vs the regular (non-oil) filter. I used to have a K&N and did have it gum up my MAP sensor with the oil vapor that it produced. I am VERY skeptical about getting another oil type filter, but it seems many people are doing fine with them. What is YOUR Roto-Fab opinion?!

Don't want to speak for Roto Fab, but they offer a non oiled lifetime filter also (I got it on mine because I have had the exact same issue as you have) I can't speak for Roto-Fab's product but the average HP difference between oiled and non oiled is the oiled can get maybe 1 or 2 extra HP in most applications.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, guys! :thumbsup:

WeeZee 10-19-2009 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skisax80 (Post 833905)
what does this do to the factory warranty?

Nothing to the warranty bro, you can do a CAI & Full exhaust and the warranty is good just when u get a custom tune, cam, heads, etc. only certain parts of the warranty may stop depending on how cool the service manager is at your dealership