Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2012 Camaro5 Fest (III) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Did anyone else do this at the fest??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242554)

CamaroGirl5 08-08-2012 12:49 AM

Did anyone else do this at the fest???

6 Attachment(s)
Figured I would start a thread about breaking at the Fest...

Got to the track early Friday morning and on my 2nd pass on the drag strip... I grenaded my rear end :facepalm:....damn wheel hop...and the track hooked too good! I am not so mad about my rear end grenading as I am of the fact that I wanted to get more passes in! Why couldnt it grenade later in the day!!! owell, you play you pay! Still had a great time at the fest despite the :mad0260: !

Also, I want to throw out a huge thank you to RPM :thumbup: for helping me out and getting me back home. Those guys were great! They lifted it in their trailer and had the rear end down in 10 mins...took it apart and metal chunks flowed out everywhere! Turns out the spider gears failed and took out everything else. They threw in a used stock rear end to get me home...and I cant thank them enough for all their work! Now, decisions decisions about making it stronger!

Anyone else break anything while at the fest? Post it, would like to hear some stories!

I attached some photos and the video of the crunch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5BSV...ature=g-user-u

Attachment 408380

Attachment 408381

Attachment 408382

Attachment 408383

Attachment 408384

Attachment 408385

AdamZ 08-08-2012 12:58 AM

Ouchhhhhh that hurts seeing that

kjkjr27 08-08-2012 01:18 AM

Wow that really sucks..Also just checked out your build on your website and it is very impressive.

pyr0b0y 08-08-2012 01:26 AM

didnt happen to me there because i didnt make it out, but ive snapped my axels twice so i know what it feels like to be dead in the water! glad to hear RPM was there to help you out!

rtcat600man 08-08-2012 04:52 AM

Don't forget to thank all those who were there to help you thru those emotional times of need. The list is long. Tim, Joe, Mike, Jim, Mike, Derrick, Jennifer, Bob, Becky, Ralph, Dave, Dawn, Mark, Rob, Tracy, Amanda, Jeff, Walter, Joe. Hopefully that is everyone.

CamaroGirl5 08-08-2012 06:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rtcat600man (Post 5409420)
Don't forget to thank all those who were there to help you thru those emotional times of need. The list is long. Tim, Joe, Mike, Jim, Mike, Derrick, Jennifer, Bob, Becky, Ralph, Dave, Dawn, Mark, Rob, Tracy, Amanda, Jeff, Walter, Joe. Hopefully that is everyone.

I didnt forget! I need a whole other thread for thank you's! Haha. Especially to Tim. :headbang:

But yes! Thank you to everyone there that put up with me and helped me out...and my sponsors for getting me there...see pic!

Attachment 408508

CamaroGirl5 08-08-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjkjr27 (Post 5409264)
Wow that really sucks..Also just checked out your build on your website and it is very impressive.

Thank you! :D

Quote:

didnt happen to me there because i didnt make it out, but ive snapped my axels twice so i know what it feels like to be dead in the water! glad to hear RPM was there to help you out!
I just snapped my drivers side axle about a month ago...upgraded them, now this! haha

Quote:

Ouchhhhhh that hurts seeing that
I know! I still cringe at the sound! Thank you rtcat600man for getting that on video! Priceless!

its a syn 08-08-2012 06:32 AM

That track was hooking better than most expected. Saw alot of coasting to the finish line on Friday.

milesss 08-08-2012 09:44 AM

Sorry to hear about breaking it, looks like your first pass was with me.

RPM Transmissions 08-08-2012 09:44 AM

Glad to hear you made it home without further issues. Let us know if there is anything else you need.

Jeremy

AngelSpeedFreak 08-08-2012 09:57 AM

I saw your run, sorry to hear about the breakage....

2SS NY 08-08-2012 10:05 AM

So sorry to see that.. I know exactly how you feel..it's the motivator for major upgrades.. good luck :)

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 08-08-2012 10:17 AM

No better place to break than C5fest with
all the vendors!!

Now that you're over the emotional part -
what are you going to do???? :popcorn:

SilverIceman 08-08-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroGirl5 (Post 5409208)
Figured I would start a thread about breaking at the Fest...

Got to the track early Friday morning and on my 2nd pass on the drag strip... I grenaded my rear end

Broke my right rear axle on Friday afternoon. Luckily it was on the "last" pass of the day. :rolleyes: (eighth run)

I stopped by RPM Saturday morning and they said they'd look at it but already had a car up on their rack and showed me your gears laying all over.

Didn't want to wait so went over to Tony at Janetty's tent and they had me fixed up in about 30 minutes. :)

Agree with Becky, the Fest was the perfect place to have a fail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroGirl5 (Post 5409487)
Thank you! :D

I just snapped my drivers side axle about a month ago...upgraded them, now this! haha

I see in your mods you had the 3.91 gears. Those are one of my upgrade options when I make the axle/driveshaft investment. Did they give you an indication of what happened and where the fail started? Were there other upgrades to your rear end when you did the gear swap?