Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you miss the thrill of the chase? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100400)

soniccj7 08-13-2010 03:50 PM

Do you miss the thrill of the chase?

This is for the people who already purchased a Camaro(Or the lucky ones with two). Do you miss the excitement involved with locating/ordering and picking up your car?

I want to buy another one, just to get that feeling again.

ED

John Shields 08-13-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soniccj7 (Post 2216401)
This is for the people who already purchased a Camaro(Or the lucky ones with two). Do you miss the excitement involved with locating/ordering and picking up your car?

ED

I wont stop you at all... but you're more than welcome to buy me another one for the thrill of it. I assure you I'll have the same thrill.

khabboub 08-13-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Shields (Post 2216406)
I wont stop you at all... but you're more than welcome to buy me another one for the thrill of it. I assure you I'll have the same thrill.

hahahahaha

cha plse 08-13-2010 03:57 PM

start mod'n, i was having crazy thoughts of selling mine until i got headers. It definitely rekindled the flame.

soniccj7 08-13-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cha plse (Post 2216428)
start mod'n, i was having crazy thoughts of selling mine until i got headers. It definitely rekindled the flame.

You should be committed for thoughts like that(IMHO) :sm0:

I would like to get a new exhaust...

ED

papabearcamaro 08-13-2010 05:38 PM

Yup,like just mentioned,instead of the thrill of buying the car I have moved on to the thrill of making it better and faster. The thrill never ends as long as you keep dreaming of/buying more mods.

lakers171 08-13-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papabearcamaro (Post 2216745)
Yup,like just mentioned,instead of the thrill of buying the car I have moved on to the thrill of making it better and faster. The thrill never ends as long as you keep dreaming of/buying more mods.

and what happens when you finish with the mods whats next?

YELLOW2SS 08-13-2010 05:56 PM

You Never run out of mods to do, You just need to channel your energy into a plan to keep making your car better without having to redo things you have already done. Like if you want a cam and mabe a maggie next, get the cam that will go good with the maggie, sounds expensive but compared to anther car, its pretty cheap

KeepItGreasey 08-13-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

ED

it was hell, and a serious pain in the arse. i don't miss the stress and the lack of information provided by the dealer.

CaniacFan 08-13-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey (Post 2216805)
it was hell, and a serious pain in the arse. i don't miss the stress and the lack of information provided by the dealer.

I couldn't agree more. My dealership mucked my order up from the start. Took one week shy of seven long damn months to finally get my car.

The most "fun" was tracking her after she was on the rail car. Interesting to hear what city she was passing through.

No, I'll just sit back here and read in attempts to "afford" some mods...

I will say this, I am smarter now because of it. I won't let that experience happen the next time for sure.

AMPM1678 08-13-2010 08:04 PM

I never got the chance to chase down my camaro I found chelsea on the lot and fell in love with her. But if anyone does miss the chase they can start lookin for the perfect mods for their camaro. not as fun as chasing down the actual car but its some what the same.

bono83 08-14-2010 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaniacFan (Post 2217189)
I couldn't agree more. My dealership mucked my order up from the start. Took one week shy of seven long damn months to finally get my car.

The most "fun" was tracking her after she was on the rail car. Interesting to hear what city she was passing through.

I will say this, I am smarter now because of it. I won't let that experience happen the next time for sure.

:word:

SlingShot 08-14-2010 06:12 AM

Quote:

ED

Not really ... And yes I did get another one, and it was a lot easier the second time ... Didn't have to wait six months for the order ...

SlingShot 08-14-2010 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaniacFan (Post 2217189)

Agree ... Except I kept saying to myself after checking on rail updates ... " What the hell are we stopping for now " Jeesh ...