Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   NASCAR fans/Dale Jr. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1039)

Moose 06-12-2007 09:30 PM

NASCAR fans/Dale Jr.

Jr. is going to the Hendrick organization. Official announcement tomorrow at 11AM. :thumbdown:

I might have continued to root for him had he chosen Childress. Not a chance now.

Truex! :thumbsup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/s...d=2&id=2901813

acscamarochick06 06-13-2007 09:30 AM

I am afraid I am going to have to send him a letter and inform him that the wedding is off...:( :mad:

Moose 06-13-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 (Post 13248)
I am afraid I am going to have to send him a letter and inform him that the wedding is off...:( :mad:

:clap: Wise decision! :thumbsup:

1bad67camaro 06-13-2007 11:37 AM

its a sad day for me im gona cheer for truex jr and dei now

Moose 06-13-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1bad67camaro (Post 13254)
its a sad day for me im gona cheer for truex jr and dei now

:clap: :thumbsup:

KILLER74Z28 06-13-2007 12:55 PM

Wow, so many haters. I would have to say you all are not true little e fans…

Boo on you... :thumbdown:

1bad67camaro 06-13-2007 01:29 PM

Boo on you... killer74 dale jr needed to stay at dei he went hms to me he is a trader

KILLER74Z28 06-13-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1bad67camaro (Post 13262)

Boo on you... killer74 i am a big jr fan should have said where he is at to me his a trader go truex and go die

:iono: is this code? can not read...

acscamarochick06 06-13-2007 03:33 PM

I have always been a huge Jr. fan but I just dont know now... I'm afraid that my hatred for Hendrick will overcome :iono:

Jr. going to Hendrick... He might as well go piss on his dad's grave! (IMHO) I know he is just looking for wins... but there is actually working to win and there is cheating for the win. There is a difference.

If you'll notice, any time it is convenient for a Hendrick's car, a "debris caution" will come out. If Jeffy or Jimmy are about to go a lap down, or need a pitstop to make adjustments or for new tires or fuel, out comes the yellow flag and there is that miraculous "debris caution." What a load of bullsh!t.

I am fed up with NASCAR, Gordon the "Golden" boy, and Jimmy.

Go Tony Stewart! He's the only one that will actually tell it like it is and then NASCAR penalizes him for it or makes him apologize! WTF!

AFSNightrod 06-13-2007 04:24 PM

They way I see it is that NASCAR has become waaaaaaaaaay too political. This is the sport that came from bootleggers. They forgot their heritage when they tried to appeal to the rest of America. I would watch NASCAR every chance I got if I knew there was at least a 50% chance of a couple of drivers duking it out after a race. As far as things go now, there are too many rules and regulations. They are trying to make a redneck sport all gentleman-like. If you ask me NASCAR is BORING. Dale Jr. is a pimp though:respekt: .

Moose 06-13-2007 09:04 PM

OK ;) Let me address a few things;

1. As for being a "true" Jr. fan, I guess you got me there 'Killer74Z28'. I think I was, and still am, such a HUGE fan of his father, that anyone else would never live up to 'The Intimidator' in my eyes. IMO, Dale Sr. was the greatest, not only on the track, but in the person he was. :bow:

2. As for NASCAR. Once they made the big TV deal with FOX, NBC, and now ESPN, the ruination of the sport began. Trying to appeal to the masses, while forgetting the fans that helped make NASCAR so popular was a mistake IMO. Also, the TV coverage, particularly FOX, is terrible! Darrell Waltrip should be bound and gagged. And the ridiculous pre-race shows...they become more ridiculous each week. The constant "MTV" intro's to commercials....that time could be devoted to actual race coverage.

I heard a caller on 'Wind Tunnel' this past Sunday, who thanked David Hobbs and Bob Varsha (who cover F1) for not "dumbing down" their coverage of the race. :clap: So true. THAT is what race coverage should be. FOX and NBC treat the viewer like they're idiots.

I'm ranting, and could go on and on why NASCAR is starting to lose its appeal, etc., but I won't. Apologies for my babbling.

Here's to the Intimidator! :drinking:

acscamarochick06 06-13-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 13324)
OK ;) Let me address a few things;

1. As for being a "true" Jr. fan, I guess you got me there 'Killer74Z28'. I think I was, and still am, such a HUGE fan of his father, that anyone else would never live up to 'The Intimidator' in my eyes. IMO, Dale Sr. was the greatest, not only on the track, but in the person he was. :bow:

2. As for NASCAR. Once they made the big TV deal with FOX, NBC, and now ESPN, the ruination of the sport began. Trying to appeal to the masses, while forgetting the fans that helped make NASCAR so popular was a mistake IMO. Also, the TV coverage, particularly FOX, is terrible! Darrell Waltrip should be bound and gagged. And the ridiculous pre-race shows...they become more ridiculous each week. The constant "MTV" intro's to commercials....that time could be devoted to actual race coverage.

I heard a caller on 'Wind Tunnel' this past Sunday, who thanked David Hobbs and Bob Varsha (who cover F1) for not "dumbing down" their coverage of the race. :clap: So true. THAT is what race coverage should be. FOX and NBC treat the viewer like they're idiots.

I'm ranting, and could go on and on why NASCAR is starting to lose its appeal, etc., but I won't. Apologies for my babbling.

Here's to the Intimidator! :drinking:

I agree with everything Moose said... I will always be a Jr. fan at heart I suppose, but I guess we are just going to have to see how this is all going to pan out. Maybe after a year with Hendrick he'll decide he should be somewhere else? Richard Childress perhaps :D I can hope anyway...

But I absolutely do NOT have it in my heart to boast any kind of liking for Jeff Gordon. I come closer to liking Jimmy Johnson than Jeff just because Jimmy beat Jeff in a race not long ago (sorry I cant remember exactly which... one of the many Hendrick has won... oh wait thats about 96% this year). Instead of Jeff being happy that the car he owned half of won, he was b!tching and whining because Jimmy didn't let him by. I was glad Jimmy stood his ground.

I wish I raced NASCAR. I would be Tony Stewart with boobs! I would give NASCAR hell, no matter what it got me, and I wouldn't take any shit on the track. Not to mention I'd be after Jeff every chance I got... hahaha! :middlefinger:

ChevyNut 06-14-2007 11:07 PM

Personally aslong as Jr continues to drive a chevy he is no trator in my eyes. now if he had gone to dodge or ford he might have still had a small chance of keeping me as a fan, if he had gone to toyota i might have had to put him out of my misery. lol. I dont feel that his going to Hendrick motorsport makes him a trader. he is not pissing on his fathers grave. and he is not going to a team of cheaters just to win. Hendrick motorsports cannot help that their teams have happend to be in the right place at the right time. at this moment in time it is obvious that hendrick teams have put in the test time and practice to put their teams in position to win if that is cheating then the entire sport is tainted by cheaters.

acscamarochick06 06-15-2007 10:41 AM

Do you really think that "being in the right place at the right time" is a convenient debris caution (minus the debris)??? There has always been a caution thrown when it is convenient for a Hendrick car, or when it looks like they are about to be put a lap down.

I thought it was pretty convenient for that caution to come out at Pocono right when Ryan Newman was pulling around Gordon. NASCAR's Golden Boy pulls through again, surprise surprise.