Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   1996 sound system help!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16418)

omarrakeen 03-23-2009 06:47 PM

1996 sound system help!!

hey every1..

well i own a '96 v6 camaro and i want to swap the stupid stock deck with a kenwood mp3 player and am having problems with the connections :D could any1 plz jst let me knw the color of wire and the speaker they power... a diagram or something...or should i jst make new wirings coz its a bose sound system with the small subwoofer at the trunk so its a lil complicated .....i already tried shops they r too freakin stupid in this stupid country am living in...thx
:wave:

CamaroSpike23 03-23-2009 07:55 PM

http://shbox.com/1/radio_schematic_1996.jpg

omarrakeen 03-24-2009 11:42 AM

thx alot camarospike23 am sure that will help but what abt that small sub at the back or its made with some connections by bose ? thx again

CamaroSpike23 03-24-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omarrakeen (Post 359850)
thx alot camarospike23 am sure that will help but what abt that small sub at the back or its made with some connections by bose ? thx again

the small sub at the back is Bose, are you splicing your existing harness or have you gotten the adapter that plugs into the stock harness?

DannyB973 03-26-2009 01:35 AM

lol this is why they sell wire harnesses

CamaroSkooter 03-26-2009 10:08 AM

You still have to splice wires when you purchase wire harnesses. There's always two wire harnesses when installing the aftermarket deck, one to plug into the vehicles harness and one to plug into the back of the deck. This still requires splicing, or soldering if you're really anal :P

I know if you purchase a deck from crutchfield they send you detailed instructions, but I'm not sure if you can get just the instructions from them. I wouldn't see why not...

CamaroSpike23 03-26-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 364078)
You still have to splice wires when you purchase wire harnesses. There's always two wire harnesses when installing the aftermarket deck, one to plug into the vehicles harness and one to plug into the back of the deck. This still requires splicing, or soldering if you're really anal :P

I know if you purchase a deck from crutchfield they send you detailed instructions, but I'm not sure if you can get just the instructions from them. I wouldn't see why not...

yes, but instead of hacking up the factory harness, you can get the connector to splice into the new deck.

CamaroSkooter 03-26-2009 11:08 AM

Oh jeez, I hope he's not hacking up the factory wiring...

Nexus6 03-26-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 364194)
Oh jeez, I hope he's not hacking up the factory wiring...

i think hes using the word "splicing" in the wrong context.there should be no reason to cut anything to hook up a stereo that still has the factory wiring harness.

omarrakeen 03-28-2009 06:10 PM

shit shit shit wait ppl....i did hack into the car harness i guess looool heres wt i did :P bought the aftermarket then removed the car headunit then CUT its connector and reconected it to the new head with the colors and wires in camarospike23 pic...mmm am confuced in here is that right or wt??

CamaroSpike23 03-28-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omarrakeen (Post 369313)
shit shit shit wait ppl....i did hack into the car harness i guess looool heres wt i did :P bought the aftermarket then removed the car headunit then CUT its connector and reconected it to the new head with the colors and wires in camarospike23 pic...mmm am confuced in here is that right or wt??

the wiring on the aftermarket head unit will not always color match to the stock harness. the aftermarket unit should have a wiring diagram in the instructions telling you which wire is power, lt speaker, rt speaker, etc.

omarrakeen 03-28-2009 06:23 PM

and hey nexus6 i had to cut the car connector doesnt fit the mp3 connector :S:S its getting stupid...i need step by step coz i messed things up....

omarrakeen 03-28-2009 06:33 PM

yes spike lol i knw that i got it figured out its written but the question is will the BOSE car system will work jst like the ol deck ??

CamaroSpike23 03-28-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omarrakeen (Post 369351)
yes spike lol i knw that i got it figured out its written but the question is will the BOSE car system will work jst like the ol deck ??

the speakers and rear sub run off the head unit. so as long as its wired up correctly, yes it will work the same as stock.