Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Mid-Atlantic (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Baltimore Auto show (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13124)

bob2the2nd 02-08-2009 08:45 PM

Baltimore Auto show

so I went to the philly auto show and got to sit in the camaro :thumbup:

then went to the DC auto show and didnt :thumbdown: but good to see other colors

As for the Baltimore auto show im looking at the website and they have the camaro listed as a pre-production AND production model going to be there.... hopefully this means getting to sit in one :happyanim::happyanim:

anyone else planning to go?

ZombieEatsYou 02-09-2009 08:21 AM

Well, they also said the ones in DC were production models (they as in the autoshow website, not anyone from here or GM), but they were roped off. When is the balti show? If it's soon, I would guess that it would be cheaper just to move the two at the DC show up there.

bob2the2nd 02-09-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou (Post 282495)
Well, they also said the ones in DC were production models (they as in the autoshow website, not anyone from here or GM), but they were roped off. When is the balti show? If it's soon, I would guess that it would be cheaper just to move the two at the DC show up there.

this weekend. I thought that too about the same camaros, but talking to the girls at the autoshow they had no idea/didnt think so. Specifically they said the cars get shipped out to all over and from what FbodFather has said i dont think its certain.

Inspector 17 02-09-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob2the2nd (Post 281995)

then went to the DC auto show and didnt :thumbdown: but good to see other colors

As for the Baltimore auto show im looking at the website and they have the camaro listed as a pre-production AND production model going to be there.... hopefully this means getting to sit in one :happyanim::happyanim:

I am thinking about going. Trying to talk the wife into it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou (Post 282495)

They told me at the DC show that both cars on display had VINs with EX, which indicates pre-pro cars.

jeffny09 02-09-2009 08:00 PM

how far is baltimore from me? and how many hours

wait im not spending another ish load of money on tolls

Inspector 17 02-09-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffny09 (Post 283575)
how far is baltimore from me? and how many hours

wait im not spending another ish load of money on tolls

I bet you can make it to Baltimore is around 3 hours or so. Or you could take side roads to avoid the tolls and it would only take 5 hours! :sm0:

playhard67 02-09-2009 08:21 PM

balt is 2 1/2-3 hours from NYC more if traffic. Plus at least $12.00 in tolls

bob2the2nd 02-09-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playhard67 (Post 283594)
balt is 2 1/2-3 hours from NYC more if traffic. Plus at least $12.00 in tolls

shit its more than that. 5 dollars each way for DE, plus 5 for the Del Mem Bridge, plus 5 dollars for the Big flat cecil county/harford county bridge/ plus 2 each way for the baltimore tunnel. (though the DE toll is really easy to go around, costs about 3-5 minutes and saves 5 bucks)... so 24 dollars unless you are going around DE

Also there are a lot of ways to get into maryland from NY. If you live in the city thats probably the closest but if you dont mind spending a little bit extra time you can pretty much avoid all of that shit by take I-84 to 81 to 83 to 695 to 95. Christ i cant count the number of times I have taken both times. My parents use to live up in Saranac Lake, NY so I had to make that drive 6-10 times a year. Now thankfully they just live where PA/NY/NJ come together :rolleyes:

bigd1276 02-11-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob2the2nd (Post 281995)

I'm going first thing Thursday morning. I'll let you know what's there by Thursday PM and hopefully post some pics.

Codefive 02-11-2009 07:56 PM

I'm goin if it KILLS me. I've missed every show with in 100 miles so far for whatever reason. I'm going to this one or I'm gonna die tryin. ordered the darn thing and still havent even seen one. UHG! :bonk: I hope we have the opportunity to sit in one at Balti as well

edog 02-11-2009 08:25 PM

If they have the IOM I will go. I still want to see it up close.

playhard67 02-11-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob2the2nd (Post 283680)
shit its more than that. 5 dollars each way for DE, plus 5 for the Del Mem Bridge, plus 5 dollars for the Big flat cecil county/harford county bridge/ plus 2 each way for the baltimore tunnel. (though the DE toll is really easy to go around, costs about 3-5 minutes and saves 5 bucks)... so 24 dollars unless you are going around DE

Also there are a lot of ways to get into maryland from NY. If you live in the city thats probably the closest but if you dont mind spending a little bit extra time you can pretty much avoid all of that shit by take I-84 to 81 to 83 to 695 to 95. Christ i cant count the number of times I have taken both times. My parents use to live up in Saranac Lake, NY so I had to make that drive 6-10 times a year. Now thankfully they just live where PA/NY/NJ come together :rolleyes:

yea, sorry I meant $12.00 each way. Could be more...been awhile for me, plus with EZ Pass since money doesn't come out of my pocket then and there...I don't keep track

bigd1276 02-12-2009 04:13 PM

Just back from the Baltimore show. Big disappointment as the only Camaro there was the same red one that I saw in Harrisburg a few weeks back. It was roped off once again. This time they popped the hood to reveal the V-8 engine inside of the 2LT RS body. I was explained how this was still just a preproduction model. A bit of a hodge podge to me.

Amelia98 03-02-2009 09:10 PM

Yea I was a bit miffed too. In fact I found the whole show pretty boring. The only standouts were the Audi A8 and the other 5 unattainable cars. I also enjoyed The Pontiac Solstice Coupe. It looks a ton better than the convertble.