Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   APEX Motorsports ZL1 Catch Can (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319270)

Apex Motorsports 09-21-2013 07:13 PM

APEX Motorsports ZL1 Catch Can

http://www.apex-speed.com/images/det...APX9001_pa.jpg

Apex Motorsports ZL1 Catch Can: $189.99 SHIPPED!!!

For a limited time only the Apex Motorsports ZL1 / Camaro SS Catch Can will be shipped with the optional 6061 T6 aluminum alloy Push Lock fittings and -an adapters. These upgraded fittings are a $28 optional upgrade that you will receive for FREE!

http://www.apex-speed.com/images/ven...tings_free.jpg

Modern engines feature a variety of emission control devices and systems to reduce the toxic gases released into the atmosphere. One of these is called the Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) system. During the combustion process a small amount of gases leak or "blow-by" the piston rings and create a positive pressure in the crankcase. This gas is made up of all kinds of nasty stuff like unburnt fuel, oil, water, carbon particles, and even sulfuric acid. The PCV system vents these gases from the crankcase and routes it back into the intake manifold so it can be burned off. The problem is that over time the excess oil vapor collects along the inside of the intake tract and forms carbon build up. Some gasoline commercials refer to it as "gunk". This can lead to a variety of issues including retarded timing, detonation, reduced fuel economy, and power loss.

Three Stage Design

The Apex Motorsports Catch Can features a proprietary 3 stage design that condenses and collects these substances before it has a chance to reach the intake system.

The first stage is the filtration chamber. It, like the rest of the system, is designed so that the vapor has to pass through it's entire length. There are no bypasses or "tubes" that allow the vapor to skip most of the filtration media. The Apex Motorsports Catch Can is unique in that it is designed so that there is a temperature differential created in this chamber. Because of this the vapors are not only slowed down and subjected to the filter media in this chamber, but the cooler temperature also promotes droplet formation.

The second stage is a transition zone that is encountered as the vapors exit the filtration chamber. The filtration chamber is designed so the vapors are evenly distributed as they travel through it and as they reach the bottom they exit through a mechanism very similar to a shower head. However, at the exit this "shower head" creates a great deal of turbulence to again promote droplet formation.

In the third stage the turbulent gases enter a very narrow passage (approximately 5mm) to travel back towards the top of the can where the outlet are. In this section the gases are forced to constantly be in contact with two large surface areas, one cooler and the other warmer, to promote condensation of any substances that may still be in suspension.

http://www.apex-speed.com/images/det...APX9001_pb.jpg

Apex Catch Can Features

The Apex Motorsports Catch Can has a couple very unique features that set it apart from all other systems. If you wish to clean your Apex Motorsports Catch Can it can be completely disassembled and the filter media can be replaced. This ensure a longer service life that other catch cans. The most interesting feature of our catch can is that it has three outlet ports so it can be configured however you need it. All hardware needed for a single outlet install is included and the option to add an extra outlet fitting for FI applications that require dual outlets is available. Hex head plugs are included to cap off outlets not in use.
  1. Can and bracket machined from 6062 billet aluminum
  2. Three outlet ports for application specific configuring
  3. Collected oil easily discarded by removing the threaded bottom of the can
  4. Tough and beautiful anodized finish
  5. All hardware and 3/8" hose included
  6. 100% Made In The USA

2011Black2SS 09-21-2013 07:22 PM

Great catch can. My car was the test mule for the can and I love it. Blends right in with the engine bay and allows me to run the hose whichever direction I want. This is a well built catch can and I am glad I had the chance to be the first one to have this on my car. High quality and it has a screw off bottom to give easy access to empty it, but if you want to take the can out of the car, just unhook the quick connect fitting and it is out in less then a minute.

Apex Motorsports 09-22-2013 05:18 PM

Thanks for your assistance and feedback Jeremy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroNewb (Post 2360787)
+1 for Chase. I bought these form him like 2 weeks ago and they were at my door so fast that I couldn't figure out what they were until I opened the box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Envious (Post 5202262)
Ordered mine on Friday had it Monday. Ordered a washer relocation tank Wednesday. Had it on Friday. Just like a Camaro, fast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by puzzzeler (Post 4968230)
I would have to agree Apex for sure really fast shipping these guys are on the ball ,give them a shot you cant go wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikester0612 (Post 5098788)
And I just wanted to give a big thanks to Apex Motorsports for the great service. Ordered this CAI on Wednesday in the afternoon around 1 and I got it on Friday !! Thanks Apex !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley (Post 4609243)
So I ordered Friday night. Order went through on Monday, intake was installed Wednesday after I got of work. Shipping was fast and free and that's why I love ordering from Apex!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andys562 (Post 4864687)
Just got the springs in today! Planning on getting them installed a little later today or tomorrow.

But wow! Apex ships FAST. I did NOT expect the springs to be on my doorstep today and what do you know, they're right there.
Big ups to Apex for the lightning fast shipping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ark5thGenGirl (Post 3742223)
First of all I want to give a big thank you to Chase and Victoria from Apex Speed. I needed this part on Friday and I ordered it Wednesday; they called me personally to handle my request and got it to me really fast. They were great to work with and I really appreciate the awesome customer service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangomr (Post 5784010)
After the questions I put up on Sunday aabout these two units, here they sit in my living room on Wed. 4PM, ordered and delivered, thats FAST and they both look great. Thanks Chase for the PRICE and GREAT SERVICE. Michael in Virginia

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfm237 (Post 4468982)
Ordered the SW Retro Chambered exhaust and Black CAI on Monday.. The Exhaust arrived on Wednesday and the CAI on thursday... Thats to New Jersey.. A+++ To Apex for their quick shipping!

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Muscle (Post 1855055)
apex chase, Hurst shifter got delivered today, took only 2 days to get to CT!! Going to install it tonight, thanks for the fast service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boricat (Post 1926169)
Unbelievable!!
Ordered on 5/28 on the doorstep 5/29!!

Thanks again,
Joe

Quote:

Originally Posted by fritcherc (Post 4575496)
I sent Chase a couple of emails, told him what I wanted and a few days later it was on my doorstep. Chase and Apex have been a pleasure to deal with and I couldn't be happier in my decision to do business with them. Great product support, easy to get ahold of and fast shipping!!!! Two thumbs up in my book! Thanks, Chris

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackjack's Girl (Post 2128657)
Thank you so much Chase! Ordered my CAI intake Sunday, shipped Monday and got it yesterday and installed! Great service! Love the performance! 1000% satisfied!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrrod6410 (Post 2657755)
Ordered mine Friday afternoon and got it Tuesday morning......WOW

Now I'm off to install it

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS CAMARO (Post 2552843)
Talk about fast shipping I got 1 day after you shipped it .

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBOSS (Post 2512295)
Chase I am truly impressed! Ordered my Pfadt drop springs Sunday night and got them early Wednesday morning! A truly unexpected delivery which made my day!

Now to find a time to throw them on!

Thanks again, I am VERY impressed!!

How Do We Do It?

From the beginning, our operation was set up to function as rapidly and efficiently as possible. Most of our order processing system is automated which means that an order can be completely processed and ready for pick up within minutes of the order being placed. Unlike many of our competitors, APEX Motorsports is a stocking distributor for most of the brands we carry and not a dedicated drop shipper. This allows us to ship in stock items the same day or next if the order is received after our last pick up. In the event that an item is out of stock, APEX Motorsports has access to multiple extensive distributor networks and can draw on the inventories of dozens of regional warehouses across the country and ship the item from the warehouse closest to you.

APEX Motorsports has another key advantage over our competition. Our physical location. Like Amazon, Zappos, and many other major shippers APEX Motorsports is located in Louisville, Ky. which places us within 600 miles of more than 60% of the United States population. It also places us only a few miles from the UPS World Hub. That means that once your order leaves our loading dock it doesn't have to travel 1-2 days to be processed before being directed to your address. It is done within hours of the order being placed and is on it's way to your door, more than 60% of which aren't very far down the road.

Below is a map displaying the estimated delivery times for orders shipped from APEX Motorsports.

http://www.apex-speed.com/images/shipmap.gif

2011Black2SS 09-22-2013 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So after 233 miles with the catch can on, below what was in the can when I check it this afternoon.

dixonk 09-23-2013 12:04 PM

Can't wait for mine to show up.

Are these coming with hose routing instructions?

2011Black2SS 09-23-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 7028772)
Can't wait for mine to show up.

Are these coming with hose routing instructions?

There are detail instructions on their website here.

dixonk 09-23-2013 09:44 PM

Saw that after I posted.

SamHouseIII 09-23-2013 11:27 PM

Can we purchase just the bracket?

Apex Motorsports 09-24-2013 02:32 PM

We are not going to be selling the bracket separately, at least for the time being. We did not anticipate that people would want to buy just the bracket so we didn't make extra on the first production run.

christianmotox 09-30-2013 12:22 AM

I have the 1LE "catch can" will I need to remove it to install this?
Sorry for the question but I am not very familiar with the LS3 engine.

Apex Motorsports 09-30-2013 10:25 AM

No you will not have to remove it. In fact, running both is the optimal solution.

Camaro_Corvette 09-30-2013 10:46 AM

Looks like another great product from Apex:thumb: Do you guys have a store I can visit next time I'm in Louisville? I'll be in Louisville end of the month.

Apex Motorsports 10-02-2013 07:09 PM

Thanks! Love to have you stop by. PM sent.

2011Black2SS 10-03-2013 07:38 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Braided lines installed!!! Like the look much better. Thanks Chase!