Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Need a drag setup to launch 700rwhp (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358269)

2SSLOW 05-13-2014 07:47 PM

Need a drag setup to launch 700rwhp

2014 Camaro SS L99... Going under the knife for a blower upgrade. The car is completely stock as of now, I need a good suspension setup to plant the car and launch. I am new to the 5th gen and I have zero knowledge about the IRS set ups. So will I need to upgrade axles, DS, ujoints as well as suspension?
Please post thoughts and opinions.. Good or bad. I need a good setup guys. Daily driver, looking to drive to the track, and drive home. Lol
I am going with the yank ss 3k multi disc lock up far as stall.
What suspension mods?
What drivelin/ rear end mods?
Thanks guys.

Schluney 05-14-2014 12:20 AM

I'm no expert on launching at the strip but from what I've read trailing arms, diff bushings,and cradle bushings make a big difference... And for what it's worth I plan to buy BMR components when I upgrade my suspension

2SSLOW 05-21-2014 01:04 PM

Thanks Schluney.. I'm surprised nobody else has commented or offered advice yet. Kinda shocking no vendors have even offered a parts list or anything.
So lets make it simple..... forget the blower upgrade
What do i need to run 11s NA in my 14SS....?
I have BMR under my 98 Z28 and it's a beast but this IRS is completely new to me.. I just need to know what works best and where to get it. Anyone can chime in at any time.. Thanks guys...

Apex Motorsports 05-21-2014 01:08 PM

BMR makes good stuff. Everything under my car is from BMR. Here is what I would recommend to help launch the car. If you want part numbers and pricing shoot me a PM or give us a call and I'll get you taken care of.

Solid rear cradle bushings
Rear trailing arms and bushings
Toe rods
LCA bushings
Diff bushings

BMR Sales 05-21-2014 04:42 PM

Well, the ultimate set-up for launching would be the DRP007 Drag Race Suspension Package. Comes with our MTCA030 Lower Control Arms, TCA033 Trailing Arms, Strange Engineering Double-Adjustable Rear Coilovers, and the CCK004 Upper Coilover Conversion Mounts. Unless you plan on running rear wheels smaller than 17", you don't need the Brake Conversion Package. We also highly recommend the XSB004 Anti-Roll Bar with this package. I have this exact package on my personal car with 17" Welds and it is still very "streetable". My car isn't quite the "corner carver" it used to be, but if successful hard launches are what you're after, this is the ticket!!! As previously mentioned, full replacement cradle bushings (or even solid) are also highly recommended. And personally, I would go with some TR004 Toe Rods too!

2SSLOW 05-21-2014 06:04 PM

Awesome, thanks alot guys, sounds like a good setup. I just dnt know how to plant the IRS setup and head out... Okay so I will put in an order for the suspension ASAP.
What about driveshaft, torque converter, axles, rear gears? I have been thinking about the Yank SC3000 because I will be running a whipple in about 6 months. What are your thoughts?

Mikes fast ss 05-21-2014 06:23 PM

All you need is a good set of tires. You'll get minimal gains with all those aftermarket suspension parts on an auto car.

Mikes fast ss 05-21-2014 06:26 PM

Proof you ask....well, here you go. 100% bone stock suspension.

http://youtu.be/S3Yi9wgSbQE

Apex Motorsports 05-21-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikes fast ss (Post 7684052)
Proof you ask....well, here you go. 100% bone stock suspension.

http://youtu.be/S3Yi9wgSbQE

And you would be 3 tenths faster in the 1/4 mile with a good suspension package. :thumb:

Mikes fast ss 05-21-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 7684319)
And you would be 3 tenths faster in the 1/4 mile with a good suspension package. :thumb:

Nope. Car was maxed. Made less than 700 rwhp. I just know how to make it work. ;)

After this track day I bought every part available, including the pfadt drag coilivers, car got worse.

Do the math. Numbers don't lie.

Pro Stock John 05-21-2014 08:05 PM

If you want to run an 11.99 you can run drag radials and stock suspension.

If you want to run low 10's or high 9's with 700rwhp I would run slicks and look into adjustable shocks.

I haven't done better than a 1.66 with my 5th gen but in the 4th gen days went 9.4@144 on a 1.35 with 680rwhp.

TBone 05-21-2014 11:37 PM

If you were a manual car I would agree and list a whole slew of parts for yea, but John^^is right and with the Auto you don't need a anyting.

Take a look at the fast list in the drag section and look at what the fast auto guys have done for proof.

T.

2SSLOW 05-24-2014 10:11 PM

Okay so there's some good info here.. And what wheel and tire setup would fit on my 14 SS? I heard I can't run lower than 17s but if there's a wheel/tire combo in that size that'll hook, then I'm good.. Need to 60' like a champ so I'm ready.

Jeff_SS 05-25-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSLOW (Post 7692134)
Okay so there's some good info here.. And what wheel and tire setup would fit on my 14 SS? I heard I can't run lower than 17s but if there's a wheel/tire combo in that size that'll hook, then I'm good.. Need to 60' like a champ so I'm ready.

Well most buy a 18" vette wheel and mount a MT DR on it.
Others with more money go with a set of 17" Welds..