Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Went to the local Chevy dealer today (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213350)

Tally Ho 03-31-2012 09:27 PM

Went to the local Chevy dealer today

I knew they wouldn't have the one ZL1 they have allocated yet so I wanted to check the Camaro colours in the flesh. My wife and I had originally planned to order our ZL1 convertible in crystal red. After looking at an RS in this colour and looking at all of the other available 2012 colours, we have changed our minds and will be ordering ours in ashen grey. This colour really pops in the sunlight. We're number one on the dealer's list for a 2013 ZL1 convertible. We put down a refundable deposit to get on the list and the dealer has guaranteed no mark up added to MSRP.

brucedd 03-31-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tally Ho (Post 4736802)
I knew they wouldn't have the one ZL1 they have allocated yet so I wanted to check the Camaro colours in the flesh. My wife and I had originally planned to order our ZL1 convertible in crystal red. After looking at an RS in this colour and looking at all of the other available 2012 colours, we have changed our minds and will be ordering ours in ashen grey. This colour really pops in the sunlight. We're number one on the dealer's list for a 2013 ZL1 convertible. We put down a refundable deposit to get on the list and the dealer has guaranteed no mark up added to MSRP.

What didn't you like about the CRT and did they have a CRT Camaro there also?

Thx-

Kluch 03-31-2012 09:32 PM

Sounds like a good move. Hope it works out as planned.

Deke736 03-31-2012 09:54 PM

Nice! I ordered an Ashen Gray ZL1 too. Saw it in person for the first time yesterday, and I am extremely happy with my decision. The car was even dusty and I still thought it looked great!

Tally Ho 03-31-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brucedd (Post 4736818)
What didn't you like about the CRT and did they have a CRT Camaro there also?

Thx-

They had one CRT RS coupe in stock. Don't get me wrong it is a very nice colour but in our opinion it was not as aggressive looking compared to the ashen grey parked next to it. The grey car was an SS.

Mr. Wyndham 04-01-2012 09:52 PM

I find the Crystal Red adds a level of refinement, polish..."class" if you will to an otherwise very angry-looking car. Whereas the Ashen Gray looks very mechanical and sinister.

I like both a lot!! :)

xx_ED_xx 04-01-2012 09:56 PM

I like sinister

DEFENDRZL1 04-01-2012 10:08 PM

Hmmmmm. If grey is " sinister" then what would you call black on black......I think "deadly" has a nice ring to it.....!

Mr. Wyndham 04-01-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEFENDRZL1 (Post 4741118)
Hmmmmm. If grey is " sinister" then what would you call black on black......I think "deadly" has a nice ring to it.....!

;)

I watched a black ZL1 rip around VIR....let me just say - while all ZL1s look intimidating...I felt this strange urge to stay away from the black one. Almost like I was standing next to Vader himself, or something. :help: