Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   [Video] Pfadt Camaro Pulls 1.34g on STOCK WHEELS/TIRES at Miller Motorsport Park (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84658)

PfadtRacing 05-20-2010 07:40 PM

[Video] Pfadt Camaro Pulls 1.34g on STOCK WHEELS/TIRES at Miller Motorsport Park

Hey guys! VIDEO BELOW

We have already proven that our suspension is King of Autocross at C5Fest, now we want to show you what it can do in something we are more experienced in: Road Racing.

We went out to the track this past weekend, for a NASA event with our C6Z Race Car. We had a great weekend, took second in the race, but MORE importantly we had some time to get some video of our Pfadt Development Camaro on the TRACK! We muscled our way into a run group of Porsches and BMWs and Mustangs, to see what we could do. Let me tell you, with Aaron behind the wheel, we were the ones doing all of the passing!

Continuing our tradition of not just SAYING we did something, we are PROVING it with our data logging and video documentation! Had two cameras on board the Camaro, and a data collection system that monitored a bunch of parameters. Most importantly, we had a live quadratic-G diagram outputting constantly.

A little info on the car:

1) Pfadt Coilovers
2) Pfadt Camber Plates (set up at -1.8 degrees)
3) Pfadt Sport Sway Bars
4) Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms
5) Pfadt Adjustable Toe Links
6) Pfadt Solid Rear Subframe Bushings
7) Pfadt Engine Mounts
8) Pfadt Poly Differential Mounts -street
9) Pfadt Strut Tower Brace
10) STOCK TIRES/WHEELS

In all honesty, we didn't even play with any setup on this car. It was a little impromptu, and we didn't adjust ride height (still at the lowest!), alignment, rear swaybar etc. Nothing was optimized! We were rushed for time, as usual, so we didn't get to take the professional approach we do with almost everything else like our Corvette Race Team, but we we just wanted to see what it could do, and how many Porsches and Mustangs we could pass. Imagine what it could do with some dedicated time to optimize the suspension setup! This video is only one lap of many.

Check out the video and let us know what you think! 1.34g's is seen at appx laptime of 1:45:69. I've included a screen dump! This is what your Camaro can do with our products, and STOCK TIRES!

http://www.pfadtracing.com/photos/da...ium/1_34gs.jpg

CGM2SSRS 05-20-2010 07:48 PM

That double switch at 70 and the steering wheel smooth as crown royal. That was nice. And ya know what, those stock tires are far better then those that bash them have a clue.
Nice post!

CGM2SSRS 05-20-2010 07:51 PM

I'd like to see this again dialed in. On stock tires.

BLACK67 05-20-2010 08:19 PM

Nice work. Love my Phadt!
Can I ask what air pressure was used in the stock tires? I find the factory spec a little hard and have been running lower.:iono:

Cam 427 05-20-2010 08:24 PM

Very impressive!

Popy's VT 05-21-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PfadtRacing (Post 1883617)
Check out the video and let us know what you think! 1.34g's is seen at appx laptime of 1:45:69. I've included a screen dump! This is what your Camaro can do with our products, and STOCK TIRES!

Very nice! Can you tell those of us not familiar with Miller what some typical lap times for other cars would be for comparison? Say a C6 or a Mustang or even what you run in the Pfadt C6Z?

I helped my buddy install your springs and sways on his 2010 Camaro and he loves them, and of course I have your coilovers on my C6 and love them!!

Congrats!

PrinzII 05-22-2010 04:48 PM

Okay....

I am liking what I see with the Pfadt suspension components. However, could you tell me the differences between going with all Pfadt or all Pedders?

Popy's VT 05-22-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinzII (Post 1891454)
Okay....

I am liking what I see with the Pfadt suspension components. However, could you tell me the differences between going with all Pfadt or all Pedders?

Take no offense but would you run Goodyears in front and Firestones in back? I mean what exactly is your question '... "ALL Pfadt or ALL Pedders"? Run one brand or the other but don't mix them. They are "tuned" to compliment each other. Find one you like and set your car up with that system. It will all work together harmoniously.

I have no idea who Pedders is so I'm partial. I've never heard of them until I read this forum. Never hear them mentioned on the Corvette Forum where Pfadt rules! Sure, there are lot's of companies making suspension parts but Pfadt bases their stuff off competition engineering and racing experience. Some one tell me what cars Pedders cut their teeth on? Big sedans? They might make great stuff but whoever you decide to go with, I'd stick my money on one setup.

But hey, that's just my thoughts ;)

orange10s.c. 05-22-2010 05:46 PM

Great job guys !!

mws444 05-22-2010 07:38 PM

Awsome ride! Man I would love to take a ride with Aaron. Looks to me like with some better tires, and some real setup time that Camaro will give one hell of a chase to those Vettes!
Great Job Guys!

VRMMMM 05-23-2010 12:19 AM

makes me wanna go racing.

PrinzII 05-23-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS (Post 1883667)
I'd like to see this again dialed in. On stock tires.

:word:This setup is piquing my interest. I also like the stance.

PfadtRacing 05-24-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popy's VT (Post 1885865)
Very nice! Can you tell those of us not familiar with Miller what some typical lap times for other cars would be for comparison? Say a C6 or a Mustang or even what you run in the Pfadt C6Z?

I helped my buddy install your springs and sways on his 2010 Camaro and he loves them, and of course I have your coilovers on my C6 and love them!!

Congrats!

Thanks sir!

We ran East Loop all weekend, with the C6Z and with the Camaro. Typically, we would only run the Outer Loop, so we really don't have anything to compare this to besides the C6Z.

The C6Z, with stock powertrain, and a lot of Pfadt Corvette components, as well as cage and other misc. race car prep, qualified around 1:38:XX and ran 1:40s.

So, considering the street/race comparison, as well as the weight of each vehicle, as well as actual set up, not too shabby! Hopefully we get some more time to dial it in.

PfadtRacing 05-24-2010 10:34 AM

Thanks for all the great comments guys!