Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Eibach Pro-Plus (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93824)

Droid6 07-08-2010 10:51 AM

Eibach Pro-Plus

1 Attachment(s)
Just got my Eibach Pro-Plus Kit yesterday! Hoping to get everything installed Sunday and aligned on Monday or Tuesday.

Boost6924 07-08-2010 11:52 PM

You will love this setup. Mine handles so much better after i installed these...

Hot Rod 07-09-2010 12:53 PM

I was just on their website today checking these out. I've been thinking about getting Pedders coil overs. My question is will I really need this? I want the power to plant at the wheels most efficiently and I want to lower my car. Eibach's system is close to $1000.00 less than Pedders coil overs. I'm not taking it to the track to race, I just want solid, if not the best, performance for daily driving.

Droid6 07-09-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Rod (Post 2076668)
I was just on their website today checking these out. I've been thinking about getting Pedders coil overs. My question is will I really need this? I want the power to plant at the wheels most efficiently and I want to lower my car. Eibach's system is close to $1000.00 less than Pedders coil overs. I'm not taking it to the track to race, I just want solid, if not the best, performance for daily driving.

I'll hopefully be able to give you an answer on how they perform early next week. I only paid $400 shipped for everything so if at the least they achieve the look I want and give me some minimal handling advantage I will be more than happy.

Hot Rod 07-09-2010 03:09 PM

FYI if you haven't been to Eibach's web site they have a great video on the performance enhancement by the kit for the SS at the bottom of the page. The most impressive is the 0-60 time - Wow! I'm sure it would work wonders for an LS/LT

caverman 07-09-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Rod (Post 2076668)

Sounds like the coilovers (although a MUCH better product) might be overkill for your situation. I would look at some Springs/Sways and you should be really suprised.

However, look at all the different Mfgs. Eibach is the cheapest but you may want to go with another mfg. Look at Hotchkis, Pfadt, Pedders, BMR....just to name a few. Do your research and pick the best one for you. Eibach may be it....but then again maybe not.

Hot Rod 07-09-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caverman (Post 2077263)
Sounds like the coilovers (although a MUCH better product) might be overkill for your situation. I would look at some Springs/Sways and you should be really suprised.

However, look at all the different Mfgs. Eibach is the cheapest but you may want to go with another mfg. Look at Hotchkis, Pfadt, Pedders, BMR....just to name a few. Do your research and pick the best one for you. Eibach may be it....but then again maybe not.

That's just the information I was looking for! Thanks for the recommendations!

Boost6924 07-09-2010 11:28 PM

I installed this kit with BMR trailing arms and adjustable toe rods. Today i first time really abused my car trying to do some drag launches and i have to say everything works fine. No hopping what so ever. Stock clutch and release mechanism don't like hard launches at all thought.....

zerox 07-10-2010 01:26 AM

I am looking at some Eibach's as well, Now I don't know really anything about suspension but I know Eibach is a highly recommended brand. I was looking at the springs and bars for 600.00 on ZZ moto's website. I might consider that. What kinda improvements are we talking? I had RK sport lowering springs in my sunfire before I sold it and it made the ride very stiff, solid but stiff. Are the eibachs like that was well?

2010SSRSM6 07-10-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerox (Post 2079620)
I am looking at some Eibach's as well, Now I don't know really anything about suspension but I know Eibach is a highly recommended brand. I was looking at the springs and bars for 600.00 on ZZ moto's website. I might consider that. What kinda improvements are we talking? I had RK sport lowering springs in my sunfire before I sold it and it made the ride very stiff, solid but stiff. Are the eibachs like that was well?

I've got almost 15k miles on my Eibach set up. Other than the bushings not being "tuned" prior to the alignment being done, the ride is very comfortable and awesome on the twistys.

Make sure that the car is put on a drive on ramp after everything is installed but before it is tightened up. You want to do your final tightening with the car at its finished height vs up in the air. It makes a HUGE difference in ride quality.

jagan323 07-10-2010 02:34 AM

yummy.. i want to get this set too =O Prolly get it next month

ImportImage 07-10-2010 05:40 PM

we sell BC coilovers- and are the largest dealer in the U.S. market. We are running a special right now- if you get the coilovers you will get free shipping and a free set of stoptech performance front brake pads.

http://www.importimageracing.com/p/B...10-Camaro.html

we also sell Eibach, and Hotchkis products.

If you are interested you can PM me for the best pricing.

Ex-stang 07-10-2010 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got my springs installed 2 days ago and wow just awesome feel and ride....here are the oe alignement specs if yopu need em for after the install...Many shops alignment machine dont even have the 2010 numbers in em.....
Found these on a post a long time ago but they are correct specs as stated by my gm dealership by the way wbs should read wrs..(its a typo)
fe2=v6
fe3=v8
wrs=rally sport

Attachment 144692

Droid6 07-10-2010 11:03 PM

Got the sways installed today! To tell you the truth I was extremely surprised how much the sway bars do. I was trying to make my car rock and it wouldn't do it. I can't wait to get the springs on there!