Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2010 Baldwin Motion Phase III Camaro details (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29388)

KrisHorton 06-25-2009 07:01 PM

2010 Baldwin Motion Phase III Camaro details

5 Attachment(s)
As featured on homepage.

Hey folks!

I just wanted to post up some news coming from the folks at Baldwin Motion. I've been working with them on a design for a Phase III 2010 Camaro and they've just unveiled it on their website, www.officialbaldwinmotion.com.

Some of the finer details are still being ironed out right now, but here is the story thus far:

There will be 25 built-to-order Phase III Camaros with power output starting at 570hp. The cars will feature a custom front grille, heat extractor hood, and a deck lid with an integrated spoiler and 3rd brake light. There will be several wheel and tire choices including an option for custom painted wheel centers and redline tires.

For more information on the Phase III program including pricing, color options, and availability, feel free to call Larry Jaworske at 941.713.8443.

I hope you all enjoy the renderings and everyone's input is much appreciated!

Kris Horton
www.carsbykris.com

Attachment 34430

Attachment 34431

Attachment 34432

Attachment 34434

Attachment 34433

Mr Twisty 06-25-2009 07:05 PM

Very nice! I like the flares... The hood louvers look good also.

Where did you hide the back-up lights?

Lucky SOB 06-25-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 620728)

Good eye! :thumbsup:

Sinergy 06-25-2009 07:29 PM

So awesome I don't even want to know what the price will be.

Indpowr 06-25-2009 07:33 PM

The white one is sick. Are your body parts going to be available or do you have to get a whole package?

jpsuperman81 06-25-2009 07:38 PM

Much respect for baldwin motion name and legacy, but even though the white on red looks sick not loving the mustangesk look of striping.

KrisHorton 06-25-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 620728)
Very nice! I like the flares... The hood louvers look good also.

Haha good eye indeed. I personally never liked the OEM back-up lights. I'm planning on having them hidden between the bottom of the rear fascia and the top of the diffuser. The rectangular lights on the stock Camaro seem like such an afterthought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indpowr (Post 620815)
The white one is sick. Are your body parts going to be available or do you have to get a whole package?

As of right now, the parts will only be included in the complete package, though there is potential expansion into selling individual pieces later down the line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 (Post 620837)
Much respect for baldwin motion name and legacy, but even though the white on red looks sick not loving the mustangesk look of striping.

There was some back and forth on how to do the striping and we thought this looked pretty cool. Striping is definitely subject to change though and everyone's feedback will be taken into consideration. While we can't always please everyone, we do value the opinions of the real Camaro enthusiasts out there!

KH

Lucky SOB 06-25-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrisHorton (Post 620884)
Haha good eye indeed. I personally never liked the OEM back-up lights. I'm planning on having them hidden between the bottom of the rear fascia and the top of the diffuser. The rectangular lights on the stock Camaro seem like such an afterthought.

I too have thought this and questioned it. The answer I have always gotten is that they are there for federal mandated safety reasons.

Mr Twisty 06-25-2009 08:07 PM

Skunk stripe has never been exclusive to rustang, they just over-do it. I like it. Have you tried variations of some of the old Baldwin Motion stripes?

KrisHorton 06-25-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky SOB (Post 620896)
I too have thought this and questioned it. The answer I have always gotten is that they are there for federal mandated safety reasons.

Yeah, they're definitely required, but I wonder sometimes if they finished the car, looked at it, and said "crap...i knew we forgot something...just put em...THERE."

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 620920)
Skunk stripe has never been exclusive to rustang, they just over-do it. I like it. Have you tried variations of some of the old Baldwin Motion stripes?

Yeah, I agree. Mustangs have really kind of claimed the look. Though I think he might mean that we shouldn't have run it down the front fascia and ended it at the hood.

We've toyed with the idea of doing the old-school spear down the side, but don't really feel that the car's lines lend themselves to that style of graphic. I won't say rule it out though...you never know!

KH

binlow84 06-25-2009 08:55 PM

As a future Camaro owner that would most likely keep the car entirely stock I'd have to say that if you offered that hood and that deck lid/spoiler separately I would have to jump all over it, especially the deck lid. My current car has a third brake light buried in the spoiler and I absolutely love the look, I wish GM had included it in their spoiler.

I must say that this is the first time I've seen one of these modded Camaros and actually liked the changes enough to want to copy it. Excellent work.

Andro 06-25-2009 09:42 PM

Sick!

DntWrryBeHappy21 06-25-2009 09:54 PM

I love it and i like the stripes ending all way down the front fascia =) Maybe dual stripes instead though if people really think it looks to mustang-esque?

Wonderful job either way, so far my favorite aftermarket look i think...

white and red looks great too!

Wolverine 06-25-2009 10:18 PM

I definately like those flares! :drool: