Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stripe Issue...dealer wants to give me credit, should I? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44182)

lostinvt 09-24-2009 01:53 PM

Stripe Issue...dealer wants to give me credit, should I?

I've posted a few times....my 2LT has had some issues with the rally stripes peeling and pitting after 3 (yes, three!) weeks. Dealer offered to re-stripe the car, but I don't have confidence in the long-term longevity of the stripes.
Warranty or not, I don't want to wind up back at the dealer every 6 months to get the car restriped!
I love the stripes though...and I've got my mind set on getting them painted on.
My dealer quoted me $2800 to get them painted....heart-attack!
Another forum member here pointed me to another dealer that paints them for $700.
I tell my dealer...I told them I don't want them to restripe the car, I want them painted....and even if they just order the stripes, give them to me, and I resell them to go towards the paint job....
They offered me a $500 parts/service department credit instead of doing the stripes.
I told them I just wanted either cash or a credit I could use at the other dealer...they are going to let me know tomorrow.

But my question....if you guys had a $500 dealer parts/service credit offer, would you take it? What would you use it for?

AnnaBear@SpartaChevy 09-24-2009 02:49 PM

I would get the cash and put it toward having them painted on by a shop that you TRUST!

Nothing beats painted stripes when they're done well.

IMO

Moorepheus 09-24-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostinvt (Post 964195)
I've posted a few times....my 2LT has had some issues with the rally stripes peeling and pitting after 3 (yes, three!) weeks. Dealer offered to re-stripe the car, but I don't have confidence in the long-term longevity of the stripes.
Warranty or not, I don't want to wind up back at the dealer every 6 months to get the car restriped!
I love the stripes though...and I've got my mind set on getting them painted on.
Another forum member here pointed me to another dealer that paints them for $700.
I tell my dealer...I told them I don't want them to restripe the car, I want them painted....and even if they just order the stripes, give them to me, and I resell them to go towards the paint job....
They offered me a $500 parts/service department credit instead of doing the stripes.
I told them I just wanted either cash or a credit I could use at the other dealer...they are going to let me know tomorrow.

But my question....if you guys had a $500 dealer parts/service credit offer, would you take it? What would you use it for?

:needpics:

GTAHVIT 09-24-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

if you use the dealer for your car service, oil changes and shuch, then it is kind of a trade off.

If you don't spend at the dealer I'd ask em for a check. You're on the right track.

chrisinlittlerock 09-24-2009 03:45 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Make sure you know who your getting to paint them or you could go through what I've been dealing with for a month.

Thrillz 09-24-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisinlittlerock (Post 964606)
Make sure you know who your getting to paint them or you could go through what I've been dealing with for a month.

Jesus who did that stripe job the owners 8 year old son. Thats brutal:thumbdown:

Eduk8r 09-24-2009 08:20 PM

Do Not have the dealer body shop do it. May cost a little more but find you some one that does custom paint work. Add in some spider web or ghost flames to make yours unique. Clear coated correctly it will be as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Eduk8r 09-24-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisinlittlerock (Post 964606)

How long did you spend in jail after beating the hell out of the guy?

fee5fofum 09-24-2009 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I had mine Painted on ( Factory look Rally Stripes ) at the Dealership for $700.00 out the door which is covered under the full factory paint warranty for new cars to go along with that..

Jamie Mac 09-24-2009 08:42 PM

Go see Dan Kelly in Ohio. PM me and I'll give you his contact info. I already PM'd you. I'm so happy with his work. A mustang guy that I now believe is a convert after I let him drive and work on my car. Like I said seemless stripes without bad tape lines. Beautiful work. He did mine with left over paint from a ZO6 he had just done. Used my factory boxed up stripes for a template but will do whatever you want. Thats my car in my sig although Flamin bird photo shopped the background and reflections

TJ91 09-24-2009 11:00 PM

Get the cash and go order your self some Bumblebee 2 stripes! Would look great and just get someone reputable to install them. I cant believe how hard it is to find some good installers now. Im sure there are good ones out there, except the dealers arent choosing them
Good Luck

Moorepheus 09-25-2009 10:37 AM

That is brutal job...the painted stripes look great.

csjrishere 09-25-2009 10:43 AM

Wow, that is the worst stripe job I have ever seen!!!!!

Merc 09-25-2009 11:10 AM

Stripes

My CGM stripes have been on since April. No issues, however they were factory installed. Now all colours of stripes are available from the factory now, cause of dealer installation problems. There was a thread about earlier.:paddle: