Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   How will you keep your Camaro looking new? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32247)

SQUALO 07-13-2009 07:03 PM

How will you keep your Camaro looking new?

I just thought it was time to discuss the interior & exterior cleaning products that we will use on our cars, now that a lot of us have them. Please treat this thread as an information session, and not a product competition, as each person can use what ever they want, and some people may be looking for advice.

If you've had personal experience with a product (good or bad) keep your information brief, but explain. If you have suggestions for specialty cleaning, such as for leather, interior plastics, or even STRIPES, since a lot of us opted for the stripe packages, this would be most helpful. Lets have fun with it and take away some great suggestions from this.

CamaroUser 07-13-2009 07:08 PM

In NY the only way to keep it looking new is to park it in a garage and forget about it. LOL.

:chevy:

coolman 07-13-2009 07:11 PM

keep it under glass

NAHURRY 07-13-2009 07:27 PM

Many profesionals use woolite mixed 10:1 for cleaning all interior surfaces
including leather.After reading about it, I tried it and it works great and
smells good too.

Many will dissagree about this but I will only use a protector(not a conditioner) on our leather seats because there vinyl coated in turn
makes them non porous(conditioners only work if they can get inside
the leather) therefore it just sits on top creating a good place for dust
and dirt to gather and build-up...Use only a water based protecter on
the seats!

Dont get me wrong conditioners are effective on ALL leather seats but
most cars are not all leather. This is just tips that I recently learned and wanted
to share with my pals over here.

firehawk1 07-13-2009 08:26 PM

The best polish to use is Zaino. It initially appears that it is complicated to use but it is not. It takes me 45 minutes to put it on and 45 minutes to take it off. You can only purchase it through the manufacturer. Go to zainobros.com.

Thrillz 07-13-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firehawk1 (Post 676790)
The best polish to use is Zaino. It initially appears that it is complicated to use but it is not. It takes me 45 minutes to put it on and 45 minutes to take it off. You can only purchase it through the manufacturer. Go to zainobros.com.

No thanks turtle wax ice polish i can wipe on and off in a 10th the time u do with zaino. Is it the best shine or the best durabiity nope but dam for speed u cant beat it and u can put it on just about anything. Love zaino awesome products but with 3 kids and a wife and a big suv to detail i have very little spare time so ice fits perfectly in my life style.:thumbsup:

Fast Eddie 07-14-2009 01:51 PM

Whole articles, and websites have been devoted to this topic alone.

For waxes if you want an easy to apply and maintain a decent shine, with good protection, the simplest route to go is with a synthetic wax, like the turtle wax mentioned above. These typically require only 2-3 applications a year and provide good protection from the elements. If you want the best shine and protection a good carnauba wax is the way to go. Many folks recommend P21S paste or Pinnacle's Souveran paste. Souveran also comes in a liquid for easier application, but the finish is not the same. A paste is the only way to get all that protective, shiny carnauba into the product. Carnauba also requires more applications as it only lasts 6-8 weeks.

What I plan to do as needed is a good wash with a quality soap (I use Meguiar's gold class). I wash with two buckets (one for soap, one for rinse) using a couple of chenille mitts. I'd also like to get some bucket guards but haven't got around to it yet. Then dry with a waffle weave towel, including the door jambs, trunk lid, under hood, etc. Then use a clay bar on everything, including the glass. Then I use Klasse all-in-one for a polish. Buff it out and let it cure. Then use the Souveran paste wax on top of that and let cure. I also like to rain-x the windows, except on the Camaro since I don't drive that in the rain ;)

Its a lot of work, but you get what you put into it. If you want some good protection, with ease of application or a show car shine, there are products out that that provide both and everything in between.