Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   1/9/09 IDL OFFICIAL THREAD - NEWS: PRODUCTION START DELAYED (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11494)

Camaro_Corvette 01-09-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ2010 (Post 240795)
I feel like I have been used and have spent the last 6+ months of my life dreaming for something that just got snatched away from me.We trusted GM and our dealers and we get treated like guinea-pigs.I've got thousands of dollars and lot's of time invested to be feeling like were not important.Just keep that carrot in front of us GM and us dumb rabbits will just keep following. I feel better now.........I think.

^^I have spent the last 7 years dreaming for something...one more month is gonna be a cakewalk.

OldTimer 01-09-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarogreg@evs (Post 240776)
You are WAY out of line. Rick Conti has done more for Chevrolet than most anyone at a dealership level ever will. He has had a personal website devoted to everything Corvette for years. Has participated in other forums as an enthusiast to promote all things GM. Has Scotty told you that he worked with Rick before going to Newman and I am sure learned more than a thing or two from him. We are "tic'd off" that GM is screwing with this car. Believe what you want and who you want. In a month we will all see how this process will play out.

Ok. I just don't think it is wise to post such inflamatory remarks on a public forum about a product you promote. Maybe Rick has done alot for GM, but, what he has posted tonight has not been beneficial for GM or Chevrolet. So as far as tonight goes, I am not out of line. We don't need all this doom and gloom from a dealer. There is enough of that from everyone else.

You are held to a higher level of accountability as a representative of the car and the company. I will belive who I want and what I want and it won't be someone that appears tonight with a "the sky is falling, GM sucks" attitude.

I guess it's a good thing all the negative doom and gloom sides of Rick did not rub off on Scotty.

smhss 01-09-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Streak (Post 240797)
Not one question answered from your response, and please tell me how laughing at us who preordered has done GM any good, or for that matter your dealerships sales!

:word:
We're waiting...

theultimatecamaroman 01-09-2009 09:51 PM

im a dealer out of montana and have special inside info

theultimatecamaroman 01-09-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTimer (Post 240800)
Ok. I just don't think it is wise to post such inflamatory remarks on a public forum about a product you promote. Maybe Rick has done alot for GM, but, what he has posted tonight has not been beneficial for GM or Chevrolet. So as far as tonight goes, I am not out of line. We don't need all this doom and gloom from a dealer. There is enough of that from everyone else.

You are held to a higher level of accountability as a representative of the car and the company. I will belive who I want and what I want and it won't be someone that appears tonight with a "the sky is falling, GM sucks" attitude.

I guess it's a good thing all the negative doom and gloom sides of Rick did not rub off on Scotty.

you two remind me of when i was a little girl in gradeschool fighting with little nancy

Rodrunner 01-09-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarogreg@evs (Post 240776)
You are WAY out of line. Rick Conti has done more for Chevrolet than most anyone at a dealership level ever will. He has had a personal website devoted to everything Corvette for years. Has participated in other forums as an enthusiast to promote all things GM. Has Scotty told you that he worked with Rick before going to Newman and I am sure learned more than a thing or two from him. We are "tic'd off" that GM is screwing with this car. Believe what you want and who you want. In a month we will all see how this process will play out.

You're just not saying what some here want to hear. Please don't take it too personally. Most of us are thankful for you laying it on the line...as you see it. It may be right, may be wrong, but we appreciate your input and dedication! :thumbsup:

IRONMAN/SS 01-09-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theultimatecamaroman (Post 240804)
im a dealer out of montana and have special inside info

do we have to bribe you for the info, or are you going to spill the beans?:sm0:

theultimatecamaroman 01-09-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRONMAN/SS (Post 240810)
do we have to bribe you for the info, or are you going to spill the beans?:sm0:

I don't take bribes buddy sorry. It will release soon

War Eagle 01-09-2009 09:56 PM

Gentlemen,

This is what is going to happen.

GM needs to make and selll more V-6 cars than V-8s to balance their fleet mileage. V-8 production will be limited and allocations made to dealers. This is exactly what happened in the first year with the new Mustang GTs. Then again with the GT 500. You could buy a V6 Mustang anywhere but GTs were scarce as hen's teeth.

When the first wave of Camaros start hitting the Dealers, greed will overcome fair play and the few V-8s will be put up for bid by the Dealers. Just watch Ebay, as soon as some dealers know what their allocation is they will start selling them before they even get them on the lot. The Dealers will be able to get whatever they want for those very few V-8s during 2009. Production should catch up by 2010 and the car will be cheap by then. Some of the guys who have a "pre order" will find it means nothing as the dealer may have 24 and only two cars for six months.:thumbdown:

Not a good situation but this is the way it is so we may as well get used to it. Thank God I have something to drive, I won't be looking to buy untill 2010 now unless something radical happens.

Hang in there guys.
Steve

EllwynX 01-09-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo (Post 240736)
Ellwynx, sounds like you might as well use that paper for ass wiping

LOL

EDIT: FINALLY! I'm thru all 28 pages!

Rodrunner 01-09-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTimer (Post 240800)

Yeah, so from now on feed us BS!

UCF w00t 01-09-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUCAR (Post 240708)
Aaaahhhh, the voice of reason. I'm glad somebody watched the same broadcast I did. :popcorn:

If the allocation was closed today, that'd be great. But, it will continue open for other dealers to add orders. If the current ratio continues, many current people with preorders will get screwed, potentially myself included, and not be produced before that October time frame.

Only 70% of dealers have even submitted an order. I'm willing to bet that almost all of that 30% are the ones adding ridiculous markups to their cars. They're not just going to let their allocations go unused. Every bit of that 20k allocated will be used. There's always a chance that a heavy amount of the remaining allocations get used up on v6's but I don't see the percentage being high enough to offset the already high ratio of v8s.

So basically, my interpretation is that no matter when you ordered, whether it be Oct 13. or next month, if you've got more than half of your dealer's total allocation ahead of you in v8s then you're likely to get screwed. I'm number 8 or 9 of 16 I think. So I guess I'm looking at a September delivery if I get in the first allocation at all. I had thought sometime in the May ballpark seemed reasonable but now I realize how dumb that was.

Really, I guess this isn't news as fbodfather said a while back that they could only build 50% v8s but noone (including my dealer) laid it out like that.

OldTimer 01-09-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theultimatecamaroman (Post 240806)
you two remind me of when i was a little girl in gradeschool fighting with little nancy

He can be Nancy!

Stevo 01-09-2009 10:00 PM

Well, this thread shows that many of us just can't handle hearing the truth...now if you want a new camaro sometime this summer get on down to yo dealer and get the asphalt rippin' V6...