Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southwest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Looking shop to install STS Twin Turbo kit in Southern AZ region (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296079)

slickmetal 05-17-2013 01:10 PM

Looking shop to install STS Twin Turbo kit in Southern AZ region

Looking for a reputable, troop supportin' performance shop in the Phoenix, Tucson, Southern AZ region to install a STS Twin Turbo system on my 2012 SS L99. I am inquiring on the prices below:

1. Installation of the kit alone
2. Installation of kit + purchase and installation of needed injectors (possibly 65 lb)
3. #2 + purchase and installation of Dynatech/Kooks LT headers
4. #3 + all tuned
5. #2 + tune

I am looking to do this fairly soon. I know next weekend there is a holiday, but I will also have 4 days off, therefore I could leave the car for several days.

I am also open to any suggestions you may have for me.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

v/r

Slick

376LS3 05-17-2013 03:21 PM

Cordes Performance Racing in Mesa.

slickmetal 05-17-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 376LS3 (Post 6556086)
Cordes Performance Racing in Mesa.

I have been in contact with them throughout the day. With the kit being used - with the fear of missing parts and liability they cannot install it.

I am researching other avenues with them ATM.

Thank you for the referal BTW.

Unreal 05-17-2013 06:11 PM

Good luck.

I would sell it and get something else IMO. You can try LPM in Phoenix but are probably going to get the same answer as CPR.

Joe@CPR.com 05-18-2013 06:45 AM

I will say our main concern with installing a used kit has nothing to do with us making money on a kit or not. What it truly boils down to is the very small window he has for install. If the kit was new in the box guaranteed no missing parts than it would be fine to hit that deadline. But with it being used its almost guaranteed to be missing components. If we had a larger window of install to allow for those issues to come up than we would be more apt to do the install. But in all honesty sts kits are complete garbage in my opinion and will lead to more issues than the gains/savings over a good kit would warrant.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

slickmetal 05-18-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com (Post 6558360)
I will say our main concern with installing a used kit has nothing to do with us making money on a kit or not. What it truly boils down to is the very small window he has for install. If the kit was new in the box guaranteed no missing parts than it would be fine to hit that deadline. But with it being used its almost guaranteed to be missing components. If we had a larger window of install to allow for those issues to come up than we would be more apt to do the install. But in all honesty sts kits are complete garbage in my opinion and will lead to more issues than the gains/savings over a good kit would warrant.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Joe from CPR is doing everything to best meet my needs. My comment in here was no way negative against CPR - as every legit performance shop would be the same. Hope to keep hearing from you Joe on my other options.