Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Dealer does not have my tire! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300137)

1EvilLE 06-07-2013 05:36 PM

Well unfortunately I still don't have my car. I was told my car would be ready today but when I showed up to pick it up they gave me the bad news that they got the wrong tire. So now I won't get my car until Monday. This is very disappointing! A wknd without my car :( I don't understand why this dealer won't have my tire considering they have sold plenty of ZL1 and have 3 more on their lot!. I hope I don't ever have to take my car there again for tire issues.

3rdgen3 06-08-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1EvilLE (Post 6642894)
Well unfortunately I still don't have my car. I was told my car would be ready today but when I showed up to pick it up they gave me the bad news that they got the wrong tire. So now I won't get my car until Monday. This is very disappointing! A wknd without my car :( I don't understand why this dealer won't have my tire considering they have sold plenty of ZL1 and have 3 more on their lot!. I hope I don't ever have to take my car there again for tire issues.

"Plenty" is relative, not to mention the ZL1 has a different tire then the 1LE. You think 3 ZL1's is plenty? How many Cruze's are on the same lot? 30?

I know you wanna drive the car, but give it time and you'll have it back! ORRR make them plug the tire you do have in the mean time and drive it until the new proper tire comes in?

GearheadSS 06-08-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Dealers normally only stock tires that are fast movers. Mainly because they don't need a set of tires sitting there for months or years taking up $1400 worth of inventory. ZL1s and 1LEs are a low production vehicle. Just because a dealer has or sells a few, doesn't mean that those people will come back within a year to buy tires.

Unfortunately, unless you live in a large metro area, this is just something you're gonna have to deal with. Just one of the downsides of owning a ZL1 or 1LE. I wouldn't really worry that much about it though. When owning one of these cars, the plusses far outweigh this minor negative.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-08-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Hello 1EvilLE,

Terribly sorry for the inconvenience here. Although your car should be ready Monday, we can contact your dealership on your behave to verify if your vehicle is ready to save you the hassle and the trip. We would just need some information from you and we'll give you a call. Let us know if we can help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1EvilLE 06-08-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdgen3 (Post 6644306)
"Plenty" is relative, not to mention the ZL1 has a different tire then the 1LE. You think 3 ZL1's is plenty? How many Cruze's are on the same lot? 30?

I know you wanna drive the car, but give it time and you'll have it back! ORRR make them plug the tire you do have in the mean time and drive it until the new proper tire comes in?

First off this dealer has more Camaro's than Cruze's, Second the 1LE Camaro uses the same front tires as the ZL1, GOOGLE it!!!!!, and Last the dealer advised me it was unsafe to plug because its was half on the side wall!

1EvilLE 06-08-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearheadSS (Post 6644909)
Dealers normally only stock tires that are fast movers. Mainly because they don't need a set of tires sitting there for months or years taking up $1400 worth of inventory. ZL1s and 1LEs are a low production vehicle. Just because a dealer has or sells a few, doesn't mean that those people will come back within a year to buy tires.

Unfortunately, unless you live in a large metro area, this is just something you're gonna have to deal with. Just one of the downsides of owning a ZL1 or 1LE. I wouldn't really worry that much about it though. When owning one of these cars, the plusses far outweigh this minor negative.

It's no doubt the PLUS outweigh the little hiccups! I do live in a large metro area, so it is a little harder to understand.

Garoad Shenlong 06-09-2013 12:06 AM

Up here in Canada most of the tire supplier companies that deal with Goodyear aren't keeping the F1 tires in stock, instead ordering them straight from Goodyear with about a 1 week lead time. I know cause I have been checking with my suppliers since someone i know up here had to wait for a replacement front tire, and with my own 1LE coming shortly.

When tires, especially stock tires, are like that its smart to keep at least 1 in stock (in this case two for right and left). Because it is murphy's law.

1EvilLE 06-12-2013 01:17 PM

Thank you Reggie B. @ Chevrolet Customer Care. I picked up my car Wednesday. I am one happy girl!

Thanks again!

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-12-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1EvilLE (Post 6661517)
Thank you Reggie B. @ Chevrolet Customer Care. I picked up my car Wednesday. I am one happy girl!

Thanks again!

Hello again 1EvilLE,

That's wonderful news and we are pleased to hear you and your vehicle are reunited! Do let us know if there are any further issues or assistance we can give you in the future. We'd love to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care