Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Car Washes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360304)

Buddy2 05-25-2014 01:37 PM

Car Washes

I'm wondering if there is any problem with taking a vert to a touch less car wash. Do any of you guys use them? Any problems?
I would like to get the under body wash occasionally.
Thanks

intensifi 05-25-2014 01:44 PM

Just me but I would never take my black car to ANY car wash.

I two bucket wash it myself. I don't wash the convertible top every time. When I do I use the Adam's horse hair brush.

I pressure wash my driveway/brick paths every Spring. I have been thinking of jacking up the Camaro and using the pressure washer on the low setting.

Baba 05-25-2014 02:50 PM

I ALWAYS hand wash or take it to the dealer for a $25 hand wash and dry and interior clean. I NEVER take my 'vert to a car wash.

I was just outside this morning at 0700 washing and drying it. I ALWAYS use a chamois (shammy) cloth to dry it. 1st things that get dried are the windshield and rear window so as to avoid *ugly* water spots.

LuckyZL-1 05-25-2014 02:54 PM

I hand wash blacky.

united1 05-25-2014 03:57 PM

Save your money and hand wash . It gives you some one on one time with your car . :love::love:

jmm30534 05-26-2014 01:33 PM

I hand wash. I have been using Turtle ICE with good results.

AbsoluteMayheM 05-26-2014 04:48 PM

I have used the "automatic" car wash but I always use the "touchless" washes, I do it generally twice a year with the under carriage spray.

Never use a car wash that uses those long microfibre pads or worse the spinning brushes.

If you are going to use a automatic car wash, I would ask the attendent if any convertibles have used it before. If they dont know or are not sure, don't use it.

I watched a Chrysler seabring convertible go through the touchless wash in my town and have used it about 4 times since that day with no issues. No leaks either.

The preference is the touchless wash that has the robotic arm that uses lazers to judge your car.

Last note.. just do a basic wash avoid wax and tire treatment.

Also avoid any that PULL your car through, only use the drive in and park type of touchless.

Hope this helps.

hworth18 05-26-2014 06:22 PM

I use the wand at the carwash but would never take my vert thru an automatic, touchless or not.

LuckyZL-1 05-26-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hworth18 (Post 7695487)
I use the wand at the carwash but would never take my vert thru an automatic, touchless or not.

+1 that's what I mean by hand wash.

lowrider13 05-27-2014 06:46 AM

I would never wash my rag top in a automated car wash. Rag tops need special attention and care.

With great power comes great responsibility... :)

babaron 05-27-2014 07:24 AM

If you want a swirlfree finsh, you must never let the dealer touch your paint. No matter what.

MYBADSS 05-27-2014 08:11 AM

I sometimes go through the touch less wash, everything seems fine, I get a little drip down the inside of the passenger door window.

Buddy2 05-27-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteMayheM (Post 7695318)
I have used the "automatic" car wash but I always use the "touchless" washes, I do it generally twice a year with the under carriage spray.

Never use a car wash that uses those long microfibre pads or worse the spinning brushes.

If you are going to use a automatic car wash, I would ask the attendent if any convertibles have used it before. If they dont know or are not sure, don't use it.

I watched a Chrysler seabring convertible go through the touchless wash in my town and have used it about 4 times since that day with no issues. No leaks either.

The preference is the touchless wash that has the robotic arm that uses lazers to judge your car.

Last note.. just do a basic wash avoid wax and tire treatment.

Also avoid any that PULL your car through, only use the drive in and park type of touchless.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I would never use anything but touch less. I am just interested in the under body spray.

DaveA 05-27-2014 12:31 PM

I got my 2013 vert last year. I have taken it through touchless several times. No issues. I use two different places. One has a special wash for cloth tops. The other doesn't spray hard on the top at all with the option I choose.

I'm about to start doing my own washes and detailing by hand but I will still use touchless and wand on occasion. Particularly to get the under carriage done. I know it's pretty minimal but some cleaning is better than no cleaning, especially here in New England. I push my driving season to December and take it back out in March so I need to be cautious of salt.