Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Fuel: getting it right the first time (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127066)

S-eatin-grin 02-01-2011 01:12 PM

Fuel: getting it right the first time

Already supercharged with headers, adding a cam+valvetrain and a 3.25" pully. Adding the JRE feul rail for the e-force, upgrading to 65lb (or 80lb undecided) injectors. So I'm looking at a dual pump system and think that I'm going to go with the LPE dual pump. I figure to be around 700 hp at the crank. My question is that the LPE info talks about 13.5 volts supporting 750-900 hp. Can I can this voltage with the stock feul manager or am I going to need a voltage booster. If so, which one is the best I see JRE uses MSD. Thoughts? Here are the specs/info on LPE's pump below.

The Lingenfelter Camaro SS Twin Fuel Pump Module with electronic control is the most complete in tank fuel system available. The Lingenfelter twin pump module fits all 2010-2011 Camaro SS applications and will provide enough fuel for 700+ horsepower engines.

The Lingenfelter twin pump kit includes all parts required for installation:
- Two 190 lph at 58 psi/400 kPa fuel pumps in OE type primary fuel pump module
- Secondary module assembly
- Secondary module cross over fuel line
- Internal and external wiring harnesses
- High current capacity fuel pump control module reprogrammed to work with Camaro ECM
- Fuel pump control module connector
- All connectors, fittings and hardware required
- Complete detailed installation instructions

http://www.lingenfelter.com/images/L...CN3662_274.jpg The electronic pressure control version of the module flows (with jet pump to fill module and jet pump for fuel transfer functioning) 270 lph at 13.5 vdc/58 psi and 335 lph at 14.8 vdc/58 psi.

At 13.5 volts supports 750 to 900 hp depending on engine efficiency (BSFC). At 14.8 volts supports 850 to 1000 hp depending on engine efficiency.

LPE does not recommend voltage boosting past 14.8 volts through the fuel pump controller with the dual pump system or the current draw will be too much for the controller. For higher flow applications LPE recommends converting to a mechanical regulator and using the LPE mechanical regulator version of our twin pump kit.

Note: the fuel pumps supplied with the LPE twin fuel pump kit are designed for use with pulse width modulated control systems like the 2010-2011 Camaro. For durability reasons LPE does not recommend using the TI/Walbro gerotor type GSS pumps or other pumps not designed and tested for use in pulse width modulated applications.

JM10 02-01-2011 02:30 PM

Im using Fastlane´s first Gen Dual Pumps (they built a billet one after).

Currently Im close to 540 at the wheels so basically around 630-650 at the crank.
With no fuel problems at all, just limited by the 52 injectors (close to max cycle).

I heard that ADM has the best setup right now, they work close to LPE so maybe is the same that you mentioned.

Do you have an AT or MT?

JM

S-eatin-grin 02-01-2011 03:04 PM

Manual Transmission. I was mainly asking if I needed a voltage booster in addition to the dual pump at that power level. I PM'd someone at LPE and said I should be fine without a voltage booster up to about 750 hp at the crank.

FiveO 02-01-2011 08:35 PM

I have 636RWHP and I'm curently using 'Lonnies Performance' dual fuel pump with 65lb injectors and I don't have any problems. Lonnies and LPE both have "drop in" pumps that will not require any additional wiring nor BAP(Boost A Pump). Both can be purchased for about $849.00. ADM perfomance has one for just over $1300.00 but it comes with a complete wiring harness. That one would be the best if you ever had the need to go pass 700RWHP.

1 bad azz ls3 02-01-2011 08:58 PM

adm is the way to go...

05gofast 02-07-2011 08:36 PM

The lingenfelter kit should be good for you. I've installed several of these kits - quality & final fit is superb

Huck1974 02-07-2011 08:51 PM

I can't tell you what is good for you. ADM kit worked real well for me.

jrpxxii 02-07-2011 09:24 PM

I would wait for the Fore Precision unit as it is well worth the wait and will be available at any time.

jrpxxii 02-07-2011 09:27 PM

Triple vs Dual (Fore Precison Triple Hat on right - Fastlane Dual pump on left)
Fastlane held up to 850rwhp and the new Fore Precision Triple hat will hold more power than we will ever get.

jrpxxii 02-07-2011 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry forgot pic

jrpxxii 02-07-2011 09:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Installed pics of Fore Precision

SSTony 02-08-2011 06:21 PM

how hard is it to get to the gas tank? Is it something can can be done in a garage?

Huck1974 02-08-2011 06:38 PM

I was told by a supporting member that there is an issue with the fore setup that they can't sort out. It was something I called about before I made my decision. I am interested to see the setup and I am in no way trying to put it down. Please keep us informed.

Thanks

2010 SS RS 02-08-2011 06:47 PM

LPE and ADM are very very similar kits and both work equally as well. From what I have heard and read the ADM has a pre wired Fuel Controller assembly vs the LPE you have to do your own wiring. Shop for price and determine which way you want to go.

I chose LPE and had no issues.

Regarding power supply to pumps...The reason LPE and ADM are so good is a they completely replace the stock controller with a new one. Amazing it was a GM part. From a truck I believe is what the numbers matched up to. Plenty of power and amps for the dual system. Fastlane uses stock controller:cry: And it is not rated enough power for dual pumps imo

Since 65 and 85 lb injectors will cost the same as a no brainer go with 85 lb ones

Actual results with LPE dual pump and 85 lb injectors with 691 rwhp at wot was 55% duty cycle. Post conversion to E85 my rwhp went to 732 and at wot duty cycle was 75%. No idle issues or any other drivablity on larger injectors to report.

KK there is my .02 cents.