Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Stirring up the rivalry with Ford and Dodge! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18614)

SScattergunSS 04-15-2009 04:49 AM

Stirring up the rivalry with Ford and Dodge!

What do you guys think about this...The first weekend we get our Camaro's, we drive SLOWLY through our local Ford and Dodge dealership's lots, just to show the potential Mustang and Challenger buyers what, "The 2010 Car of the Year" actually looks like?! :fighting0030:

Xmicro_SS 04-15-2009 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SScattergunSS (Post 406798)
What do you guys think about this...The first weekend we get our Camaro's, we drive SLOWLY through our local Ford and Dodge dealership's lots, just to show the potential Mustang and Challenger buyers what, "The 2010 Car of the Year" actually looks like?! :fighting0030:

Yea, that is the only way they will get to see the whole car. Otherwise on the Road and the Track they will only ever get to see THE TAILLIGHTS! :D:burnrubber:

fdjizm 04-15-2009 05:12 AM

i agree with the original poster, diverting attention from the interior as much as possible is a good idea...
http://i41.tinypic.com/35jcx21.jpg

and thats my contribution :) your welcome.

Milk 1027 04-15-2009 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdjizm (Post 406802)
i agree with the original poster, diverting attention from the interior as much as possible is a good idea...

opinions are like buttholes.

You got the description wrong by the way. It's a Shelby not a Mustang.

That's my contribution............... your welcome.

Xmicro_SS 04-15-2009 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdjizm (Post 406802)

Seriously...there is NO clear cut winner on the interior. I happen to like the cleaner look inside the Camaro. Especially the IOM interior that I ordered. The Ford looks too FLAT and I never liked the dash with the overhanging lip on each side. Not to mention there is no stitching anywhere. For a few bucks, I will be taking mine to a leather guy and wrapping the dash.......I think all the polished metal is very yesterday. Plus the Camaro wraps around you and the Mustang is just in front of you.

fdjizm 04-15-2009 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS (Post 406804)
Seriously...there is NO clear cut winner on the interior. I happen to like the cleaner look inside the Camaro. Especially the IOM interior that I ordered. The Ford looks too FLAT and I never liked the dash with the overhanging lip on each side. Not to mention there is no stitching anywhere. For a few bucks, I will be taking mine to a leather guy and wrapping the dash.......I think all the polished metal is very yesterday. Plus the Camaro wraps around you and the Mustang is just in front of you.

i think not having a screen and cool entertainment system (or the ability to fab one in because of shape) in your car is very yesterday as well but thats my opinion. and i like the custom leather idea... post pics when your done, sounds interesting :) the camaro's interior is too spacey for a car... i will keep it clean

Camaro interior dislikes.

1. huge radio knobs and the way that whole area is shaped.
2. 4 big lab experiment gauges in center stack
3. the shape of the interior cancels out custom radio ideas.
4. sharp square encasings wrapped around round gauges.
5. e-brake has no "home" it's just there. and passenger side?
6. no touch screen/visual navigation/entertainment center.

Camaro interior likes

1. the way the doors flows into the top part of the interior.
2. the inner door panels look cool (without gloss plastic)
3. steering wheel looks sharp.
4. shifter looks sharp

all opinion of course. i didnt add hard plastics because i dont really care how soft the interior of my car is unless im going to rub my face against it all day. if it looks good it looks good hard or soft.

but for people who do care the '10 mustang is just about the best quality soft touch interior. i can admit flaws with any car you guys even fight when there really is some flaw with your's let up a little maybe we can have a decent constructive conversation.

Xmicro_SS 04-15-2009 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdjizm (Post 406808)
i think not having a screen and cool entertainment system (or the ability to fab one in because of shape) in your car is very yesterday as well but thats my opinion. and i like the custom leather idea... post pics when your done, sounds interesting :) the camaro's interior is too spacey for a car... i will keep it clean

Camaro interior dislikes.

1. huge radio knobs and the way that whole area is shaped.
2. 4 big lab experiment gauges in center stack
3. the shape of the interior cancels out custom radio ideas.
4. sharp square encasings wrapped around round gauges.
5. e-brake has no "home" it's just there. and passenger side?
6. no touch screen/visual navigation/entertainment center.

Camaro interior likes

1. the way the doors flows into the top part of the interior.
2. the inner door panels look cool (without gloss plastic)
3. steering wheel looks sharp.
4. shifter looks sharp

all opinion of course. i didnt add hard plastics because i dont really care how soft the interior of my car is unless im going to rub my face against it all day. if it looks good it looks good hard or soft.

but for people who do care the '10 mustang is just about the best quality soft touch interior. i can admit flaws with any car you guys even fight when there really is some flaw with your's let up a little maybe we can have a decent constructive conversation.

No, I do not fight what you call flaws, they are just not important to me. I never have had a screen in a car to date. My SKY is a double din unit and I could put almost anything in there. I just hate wasting $3K on that stuff, I have a home entertainment system that would boggle the mind at home. When I buy a sports car I listen to the stereo or the exhaust, and the sound in the CamaroSS should be good. I like the 4 gauges where they are. The Knobs....yea would be nice if they offered a Climate control system that was digital, but it does not bother me. The most important part of interior design is ergonomics, and in that department the Camaro wins. When I sat in it at the NYC auto show EVERYTHING was in perfect reach and it felt like a cockpit, wrapped around.

The Nav screen is in the middle of the tach and the speedo, which I think is the ideal placement for turn by turn nav.

The rest is all opinion. I happen to like the square housing with the round gauges, better than a square entire dash.

But when I look at the interior, I look at how easy it would be to make it look different than other Camaro owners, and this interior is a"clean Slate" look which I like. My leather guy will have an easy time doing something cool (which of course I would post pics).

As far as the Stereo....nothing is impossible. Do not forget they make single Din units that have a screen that pops out and up. Believe me, someone will develop a unit that works in the Camaro.....they always do.

But to each his own.....just the way you posted the pics, was as if the Mustang was so much better looking and I do not agree. Your opinions are respected, but I have mine also......and NO I never drink the Coolaid...so do not imply that. :respekt:

2Muchmark 04-15-2009 05:55 AM

I have to admit: I like the Mustang interior better than the Camaro at least in these 2 pictures.

Yes I know the top picture is of a Shelby, but are there many differences?

I like the big knobs in the Camaro. I haven't seen them yet but the guage cluster seems like more of a cutsey add-on to me rather than something that will be actually useful. And I REALLY wish it had a big touch-screen in the center console that ran the radio and GPS.

These are MINOR though... I still love Cammy's and really dislike the Mustangs (Yes I've driven several). The 2010 Camaro is very close to perfection for me. It's minor little weirdnesses that bug me. Then again I have yet to see one in person - this is all just based on pictures - so maybe I am completely wrong here.

Cheers!

Zabo 04-15-2009 06:42 AM

http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/i...023_int_lg.jpg

So the dash is ok, and to be honest I prefer the spartan look of the Camaro. But, where it counts is the seating..

And I HATE FORDS NEW SEATING! I can't stand riding in our Edge for more than 40 minutes before I lose all feeling from the waist down due to my ass falling asleep in the plywood and rubber covered seats they pass off as luxury leather. And from the above image..I don't think they fixed that. Enjoy the falling ammo count on those cruises boys..

shevyman 04-15-2009 06:54 AM

well from what i can see i like that chevy came up with something diff. that cluster on the bottom istead of the dash. i think it looks cleaner. i have yet been near one personaly so i can't say much but one thing i can say is i was never a new mustang fan i never saw the resemblence of the classics they tried to copy they camaro looks closer same with the challenger

snizzle 04-15-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk 1027 (Post 406803)
opinions are like buttholes.

You got the description wrong by the way. It's a Shelby not a Mustang.

That's my contribution............... your welcome.

Wait a minute, are you saying he's not just here to provide us with the absolute facts. I thought he was on this forum to enlighten us all. :sm0:

fdjizm 04-15-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabo (Post 406859)
http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/i...023_int_lg.jpg

So the dash is ok, and to be honest I prefer the spartan look of the Camaro. But, where it counts is the seating..

And I HATE FORDS NEW SEATING! I can't stand riding in our Edge for more than 40 minutes before I lose all feeling from the waist down due to my ass falling asleep in the plywood and rubber covered seats they pass off as luxury leather. And from the above image..I don't think they fixed that. Enjoy the falling ammo count on those cruises boys..

they didnt change the seats just the covers, and i dont feel plywood in my ass in my car, thats weird... they are pretty comfty... i havent seen the seats on the edge..but u should really sit in a mustang i doubt u will feel plywood under your ass lol

Txturbo 04-15-2009 07:03 AM

There is only one thing I have ever liked about a Mustang. Thats the sound of the exhaust. I've driven, worked on and ridden in many different years and I just don't like anything about them except for that. In fact, there is only one Ford that I have driven that I liked. It was an original Cobra with the 428 SCJ. That was the first car I ever drove that had me shaking when I got out of it. Kinda like an excited, slightly scared, but wanting to drive it more, uncontrollable shake.

Lee9710 04-15-2009 07:42 AM

Is this Mustang5.com now? At least we didnt have to go get Carroll Shelby to help us design our Camaro.......Wow 540hp stock......I beat one in my 2005 GTO also stock so Im not impressed and never will be with a Ford cheapo Mustang. The price of owning a Shelby is not worth it. Ive driven one and Its just too heavy on the front, doesnt handle well, and the only thing I liked was hearing the supercharger and now they took that away. No thanks, thats why Im on Camaro5 not Mustang forums.