Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Decisions... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370816)

McRat 07-28-2014 10:38 PM

Decisions...

Six months after ordering, still no Z/28. Seven weeks of "waiting for railcar"

Found a used ZR1 Vette local for the same price. Very, very low miles. Immaculate. Still has powertrain warranty. I could be driving it tomorrow.

Wife says Vette. I'm not sure.

This is going to be a restless night.

SSmokinSS 07-28-2014 10:48 PM

vette FTW

Q'smuscle 07-28-2014 11:00 PM

What the? Do they think you want a 2016 which we don't even know if they're coming with for that new platform ? Man, you'll be the last person on earth to get a Z/28 and that's including the 15's! What the heck is wrong with GM! I was for sure that you had it by now!:facepalm: Man, this sucks and the ZR1 is sweet looking and a beast. The Z/28 is sweet looking and a beast too but damn who knows how much longer you will have to wait for that.:eyebulge:

backtotintops 07-28-2014 11:12 PM

to bail now makes all the waiting you already did pointless...stay in it. Ask for the name of the regional sales person...this is the person the dealers bitch to...start there.

remember the first ones were built in march and finally got out beginning of may so a few months later seems like an eternity but imho it is well worth the wait. If you have a 2014...how much longer can it be really???...I believe they are churning out the 15s now. The vette will not have the over the top wow factor this car has...sorry.

Col. Brain 07-28-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backtotintops (Post 7851412)
to bail now makes all the waiting you already did pointless...stay in it. Ask for the name of the regional sales person...this is the person the dealers bitch to...start there.

remember the first ones were built in march and finally got out beginning of may so a few months later seems like an eternity but imho it is well worth the wait. If you have a 2014...how much longer can it be really???...I believe they are churning out the 15s now. The vette will not have the over the top wow factor this car has...sorry.

over the top wow factor??????

The ZR1 is a beast of a car......and i had a modded Z06.

On one end id say tough it out for the Z/28. On the other - the ZR1 is just plain faster period

McRat 07-28-2014 11:24 PM

Note:

In 2002, I ordered a Red Camaro SS hardtop manual with Hurst, exhaust, and 1LE suspension (rare Y2Y option). It was built. Tracking stopped at that point. It never arrived at the dealer.

This is why we have 2002 Z06. It was supposed to be a Camaro.

backtotintops 07-28-2014 11:30 PM

sure it's a beast..watched one with overheating problems at mmc last week but it was a modded engine. This is something new...we all know what vettes are about ...this is the stealth sleeper and when you notice it's subtle lines and all the other goodies it is a wow...been to 2 car shows and watched the crowds...but maybe it's just me and I can't see straight but I'm one happy bastard driving this and I've driven vettes, vipers, 930s, and even a mclaren...ok...that one still wins out...this is NOT a vette...get it?

Q'smuscle 07-28-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McRat (Post 7851439)
Note:

In 2002, I ordered a Red Camaro SS hardtop manual with Hurst, exhaust, and 1LE suspension (rare Y2Y option). It was built. Tracking stopped at that point. It never arrived at the dealer.

This is why we have 2002 Z06. It was supposed to be a Camaro.

Wow! So history is repeating itself for you ... Man, this is crazy! I hope yours show up soon!

camaro2lt 07-29-2014 12:14 AM

How long have you been waiting? When was the car built and when did you order?

BRAVO 2SS 07-29-2014 12:22 AM

Vette!!!

McRat 07-29-2014 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro2lt (Post 7851515)
How long have you been waiting? When was the car built and when did you order?

Ordered late January? Whenever Day One was.
First build date in May. Actually built June 10. Has been sitting at the factory since June 10.

Best guess is that there are too many sitting at dealerships in my area, so they are holding it.

Second guess is somebody needed a no AC car (rare) for racing, and mine was sitting there.

Because it does not take 48 days to move a car across the US. It doesn't take 48 hours.

McRat 07-29-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee (Post 7851543)
There are at least 2 local here sitting on the dealers lot. Why not just buy it from another dealer.

I don't want a car with AC. And I want red. 5 were made.

McRat 07-29-2014 12:48 AM

Note: This is not my dealer's fault. They have no control over it.