Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   The hell's wrong with my car?! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302404)

Tweiten 06-17-2013 02:58 PM

The hell's wrong with my car?!

Saturday I got a CEL. Went to Autozone got the code p0008. I Immediately called a dealership and set up an appointment for today (Monday) at 9AM. I went to drive my car to the dealership today and the light was off. I decided to still bring it in to have them look at it. Now after 6 hours of waiting I get a call back saying they need to keep the car and check the engine. They said that everything should be covered under my warranty and that I will get a rental.

I'm just sad. I want my Camaro back. How long does it take to fix a p0008 code and will it really be covered under my warranty?!

tramtwo 06-17-2013 03:04 PM

think it has to do with the timing...

nyrfan 06-17-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 6680934)

Maybe the dreaded V6 timing chain issue (stretch).

Dznts 06-17-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 6680934)

after a quick search I think your right.

jkchambless 06-17-2013 03:11 PM

The LLT engines have a known issue with the timing chains pre-maturely "stretching". I had to have mine replace at around 54k. Luckily, it usually is cover by warranty, though I have heard that some dealerships have tried to blame it on not changing the oil to spec or letting the oil run low. Mine saw the code and repaired it with no questions asked. There are lots of links to this issue and the LLT 3.6 engines.

Hurst 06-17-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweiten (Post 6680898)
Saturday I got a CEL. Went to Autozone got the code p0008.

Sorry to hear that. Hope it turns out okay.

On a side note, I have used Auto Zone on several occasions with mediocre results...

snymat68 06-17-2013 03:19 PM

I have a '13 V6 M6. Was this issue corrected with the LFX's or is this something I'm ging to have to worry about as well?

nyrfan 06-17-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snymat68 (Post 6681037)
I have a '13 V6 M6. Was this issue corrected with the LFX's or is this something I'm ging to have to worry about as well?

The chains where upgraded to correct the issue in late 2011. So you should be ok.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

snymat68 06-17-2013 03:26 PM

:thumbup:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-17-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweiten (Post 6680898)
Saturday I got a CEL. Went to Autozone got the code p0008. I Immediately called a dealership and set up an appointment for today (Monday) at 9AM. I went to drive my car to the dealership today and the light was off. I decided to still bring it in to have them look at it. Now after 6 hours of waiting I get a call back saying they need to keep the car and check the engine. They said that everything should be covered under my warranty and that I will get a rental.

I'm just sad. I want my Camaro back. How long does it take to fix a p0008 code and will it really be covered under my warranty?!

Tweiten,

Sorry to hear about the vehicle concern though I'm happy the dealership is making sure everything will be taken care of. Please keep us updated on this repair process! You are also more than welcome to message me if you have any other concerns involving the vehicle or the dealer.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Tweiten 06-17-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkchambless (Post 6680978)
The LLT engines have a known issue with the timing chains pre-maturely "stretching". I had to have mine replace at around 54k. Luckily, it usually is cover by warranty, though I have heard that some dealerships have tried to blame it on not changing the oil to spec or letting the oil run low. Mine saw the code and repaired it with no questions asked. There are lots of links to this issue and the LLT 3.6 engines.

Haha, that's funny. I'm literally at 54k right now. Anyway thought, I asked the dealership about 3 maybe 4 times and they said it's defiantly under my powertrain. How long until I get my Camaro back? they have been working on it since 10AM today and will keep it until it's fixed.

Tweiten 06-17-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6681323)
Tweiten,

Sorry to hear about the vehicle concern though I'm happy the dealership is making sure everything will be taken care of. Please keep us updated on this repair process! You are also more than welcome to message me if you have any other concerns involving the vehicle or the dealer.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thank you, so far the guy I talked to seemed to make me happy. As long as I keep my money in my wallet I will be happy. The dealership I'm at is Gateway Chevrolet in Fargo, ND. The guy I'm talking to is Mike L from Service.

Tweiten 06-17-2013 05:43 PM

Thanks for all the replys guys. Not going to lie. Today made me question my loyalty to Chevy. But now I am feeling better after hearing my powertrain would cover it. I'm also glad to see that William R. from customer care commented on this thread. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-17-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweiten (Post 6681816)
Thank you, so far the guy I talked to seemed to make me happy. As long as I keep my money in my wallet I will be happy. The dealership I'm at is Gateway Chevrolet in Fargo, ND. The guy I'm talking to is Mike L from Service.

No problem,

We certainly value our customers! Thank YOU for the kind updates. It's good to see the dealership taking proper care of this situation. Let us know how everything turns out.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care