Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Better cooling for the Maggie (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287658)

forklord 06-18-2013 10:26 PM

make an eforce kit!

Turbo99 06-18-2013 11:09 PM

I think he has one but can't remember.

TrekGTO 06-20-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMteSSted (Post 6682072)
This is dead on!!! I have the chiller and have run about 40 passes with it. I can't "prove" it helps my ET. What I can prove is the consistency. I won the 2012 Atlanta LSX Challenge 12 second true street in the upper 90's ambient and won the 2012 Bristol Super Chevy 12 second true street in the upper 90's ambient. Each race was a 30 mile cruise and 3 back to back hot passes. The chiller gives me great consistency. Both tracks, all 6 passes, my ET never varied more than .05 seconds. My opinion, if you want a faster car, build it. If you want consistency, and help protect your build, chill it!

Thanks Bobby, just so everyone else understands that’s Bobby’s car in my signature!

TrekGTO 06-20-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo99 (Post 6682191)
I might have to Dave I have struggled with it the last few weeks trying to get it right. It worked great before and your right about having the first set-up. You have offered enough I think I may have to set up a time to get down there and do some updates, I have seen some pics of your new stuff and it has come a long way and looks great.

Jeremy I will see you on the 20th for your update, I did your car 6/2011! I want to make the 30% larger core and Dual Chillers available for the Camaro; I don’t know if I will have time on the ZL1 coming in Friday but maybe something along these lines might work for you? Our Dual ZR1 works great and the 30% larger core is available as an option on all the other kits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by forklord (Post 6687613)
make an eforce kit!

We can do an Eforce kit but it requires the pump be relocated. Once the ZL1 kit is done we may be able to fit the Eforce without moving the pump.

SmokedSS 06-20-2013 08:47 PM

Dave, I have your setup and love it however I have just added a Night Fury cam and an OD Cog rear drive on my maggie to keep my boost around 11psi. Due to the new blower speed I am now seeing IAT's around ambient to 10 under compared to 20-30 below ambient before latest upgrade. How would the 30% larger core help and what is involved in the upgrade? thanks again for all of your support in the past..

Turbo99 06-20-2013 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=TrekGTO;6695046]Jeremy I will see you on the 20th for your update, I did your car 6/2011! I want to make the 30% larger core and Dual Chillers available for the Camaro; I don’t know if I will have time on the ZL1 coming in Friday but maybe something along these lines might work for you? Our Dual ZR1 works great and the 30% larger core is available as an option on all the other kits.[QUOTE]

I always wanted the dual, I thought it was the best back when we first did mine but at the time everything was a trial. I think either the 30% would do good or the dual. What ever you can do, my car should be in the 10's soon as I get my slicks on.

TrekGTO 06-21-2013 04:54 AM

Kit updates all depend on time available with another Camaro to work it out. Usually I only get a car long enough for standard installation and customer is gone.

2SSCAMARO 06-21-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMteSSted (Post 6682072)
This is dead on!!! I have the chiller and have run about 40 passes with it. I can't "prove" it helps my ET. What I can prove is the consistency. I won the 2012 Atlanta LSX Challenge 12 second true street in the upper 90's ambient and won the 2012 Bristol Super Chevy 12 second true street in the upper 90's ambient. Each race was a 30 mile cruise and 3 back to back hot passes. The chiller gives me great consistency. Both tracks, all 6 passes, my ET never varied more than .05 seconds. My opinion, if you want a faster car, build it. If you want consistency, and help protect your build, chill it!

You appear to be the perfect candidate to perform the comparison test. You have a setup and driving technique that you have shown to produce consistency. Now if you were to make a properly cooled off first run with the chiller off then a followed up pass with the chiller on, the resultant improvement would be hard to dispute.

GMteSSted 06-24-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO (Post 6697729)
You appear to be the perfect candidate to perform the comparison test. You have a setup and driving technique that you have shown to produce consistency. Now if you were to make a properly cooled off first run with the chiller off then a followed up pass with the chiller on, the resultant improvement would be hard to dispute.

If someone wants to pay for the track time, I'm all in for testing and comparing. Their aren't any decent tracks in my area to use. I do plan on going to Bowling Green and Bristol later in the year, but they won't allow track test time during events. To test correctly need some private track time.

Supercharged SS 06-24-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMteSSted (Post 6710332)
If someone wants to pay for the track time, I'm all in for testing and comparing. Their aren't any decent tracks in my area to use. I do plan on going to Bowling Green and Bristol later in the year, but they won't allow track test time during events. To test correctly need some private track time.

Test it at the Camaro fest in Indy. That would be the ultimate test. They could shut the track down for 10 minutes and let you do your thing. Last year it was mid 90's so the testing conditions would be optimal.

GMteSSted 06-25-2013 11:44 AM

Great idea, but I won't be attending the fest year....maybe another chiller user will step up.

Supercharged SS 06-25-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMteSSted (Post 6713540)
Great idea, but I won't be attending the fest year....maybe another chiller user will step up.

If Ted would be interested I would do it....

Trackman 06-25-2013 07:49 PM

Whether or not Ted is interested, just do it.
Then he can say I told you so or it works and you can gloat. Then the rest of us on the fence can have real data to decide.

Supercharged SS 06-25-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trackman (Post 6715513)
Whether or not Ted is interested, just do it.
Then he can say I told you so or it works and you can gloat. Then the rest of us on the fence can have real data to decide.

My dads been wondering why I haven't done it for 2 years. Maybe Trek man can do the install in Indy? My car is busy for July. Stripes getting painted and updating the cage will suck up most of the month.

ToddB 06-25-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6715541)
My dads been wondering why I haven't done it for 2 years. Maybe Trek man can do the install in Indy? My car is busy for July. Stripes getting painted and updating the cage will suck up most of the month.

Ya get the Stripes they make every car look faster. :laugh:

Supercharged SS 06-25-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forklord (Post 6687613)
make an eforce kit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddB (Post 6715589)
Ya get the Stripes they make every car look faster. :laugh:

I have the vinyl. It's just time to step up my game.:D

2SSCAMARO 06-28-2013 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brilliant minds think alike :nod: I took my stripes off after four years and am in progress of changing the looks of mine too. BTW I really like your color choice :D

Supercharged SS 06-28-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSCAMARO (Post 6728664)
Brilliant minds think alike :nod: I took my stripes off after four years and am in progress of changing the looks of mine too. BTW I really like your color choice :D

I was going to get that hood but I like that my car looks stock. People at the track always ask if it will run "13's". I just say "hopefully".:bellyroll:

2SSCAMARO 06-28-2013 05:10 PM

Those people must of spent too much time at the Budweiser tent or it was their first time at a track. Never ask a gen5 Camaro driver sportin 16" or 17" bogart fat and skinneys with tape on the quarter panels if he can run 11's or 12's let alone 13's :der:

TrekGTO 06-28-2013 06:00 PM

That is one big picture!

2SSCAMARO 06-28-2013 07:08 PM

Nothing intentional. I just took the picture, downloaded it to my computer and then just uploaded to the post. That's the way it came out. :noidea:

CamaroSS45 06-28-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrekGTO (Post 6729283)
That is one big picture!

Dave - just left u a PM and could work this out prior to CamaroFest also - know you've been slammed but also know you may head this way. Let's see if we can work something out prior while down for a "short bit again".

TrekGTO 06-29-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSS45 (Post 6730484)
Dave - just left u a PM and could work this out prior to CamaroFest also - know you've been slammed but also know you may head this way. Let's see if we can work something out prior while down for a "short bit again".

I contacted Brenton from Unleashed about a Dual KB setup, looking forward to working with you!

I don’t know about attending CF IV, I would love to go and I have Family to stay with in IN, all around good time. But my shop sold and I should be moving in Aug however everything is still up in the air since they haven’t had there closing yet. I hate moving I have it made there, I rent from a life long friend and he needs the income if the sale doesn’t go through.

TrekGTO 07-06-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo99 (Post 6695836)

I always wanted the dual, I thought it was the best back when we first did mine but at the time everything was a trial. I think either the 30% would do good or the dual. What ever you can do, my car should be in the 10's soon as I get my slicks on.

For Turbo99 we are going with a Chiller Core 30% thicker and 50% longer let into the crash bar of the bumper, so we will see how that works after the 20th!

TrekGTO 07-07-2013 01:13 PM

Here is the first Super Chiller XLR V done over a year ago making 20lb. Quote from Gizmo Q, Thanks Giz!

'After 30 minutes of driving, ambient temp 82*, IAT 74*, Intercooler coolant 46*. Supercharger sweating from the cooling. ELWOOD has a happy motor!'

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/a...psa5a91eac.jpg