Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   windows go down when locking doors. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35755)

coolman 08-04-2009 09:11 PM

:facepalm:

rodimus prime 08-05-2009 07:16 AM

I dont know how to help you, but there was a guy on ls1tech (i believe) that when he made right turns it rolled one of his windows down.

dreammy 08-05-2009 07:17 AM

If I am not mistaken this is a planned feature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolman (Post 761265)
Hey, guys she just called me from work and said the damn thing did it again. She walked away from car, pressed lock on key fob and windows went down. Not much point in locking it with windows down. I just glad she looks at the car when she locks it so it doesn't set there all day with the windows down. I guess It will go back to dealer.

Check your owners manual. My husbands 2010 Mustang does the same thing. Something about cabin pressure and slamiming the door?

dreammy 08-05-2009 07:24 AM

I believe it is called window indexing. Check page 21 of the owners manual that you can download on this site. Hope this helps.

67 Convertible 08-05-2009 07:28 AM

Never heard of that problem, but to reprogram the window.....Sit in car with door closed and key on. Roll window all the way down and immediately without taking your finger off the control, roll the window all the way up. Hold the switch in the up position for 2-3 seconds. This reprograms the window. It may help with your problem, if not you need to have dealer look at it.

dreammy 08-05-2009 07:33 AM

Ok I misunderstood you. It does sound that what you are experiencing is a problem. I would call the service center and describe it and ask how to proceed in reprograming. Also described by 67 COnvertible up a few posts.

Unfair 08-05-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodimus prime (Post 761269)
I dont know how to help you, but there was a guy on ls1tech (i believe) that when he made right turns it rolled one of his windows down.

Thats about the funniest thing i have heard this week!! lol imagine turning right and your window rolling down!!

FI4T0MCAT 08-05-2009 08:00 AM

coolman im sorry to hear about your problem, but it is a little amusing to hear about.

Scott@Bjorn3D 08-05-2009 05:01 PM

Did you try the other keyfob that came with the car? It could be the one she uses went bad.

CamaroSpike23 08-05-2009 05:13 PM

do the windows just crack slightly or do they go all the way down?

dayvedayve 08-05-2009 05:27 PM

A co-worker had a newern Nissan Ultima. It had a safety feature that when the car "sensed" that it was sinking in water it would roll the windows down. During Hurricane IKE it flooded about 3 ft. Sure enough all windows rolled down. She was watching the water rise and noticed the windoes going down. Maybe the Camaro has this feature and its shorting out?

FI4T0MCAT 08-05-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolman (Post 763608)
I'm glad you think it's funny. I'll just tell you one thing. Make sure you look back at your car everytime you lock it or it just might not be there when you get back or it might be soaking wet inside on a rainy day. That would be a real hoot.

Well if it were my car doing it, i would have it in to the dealer the same day that it happened. It would still be kind of a funny quirk even if it were my car. Crazy things like that on cars amuse me, sorry man no offense to you, I feel bad for you that your car is doing that, and i hope you get it fixed soon.

FI4T0MCAT 08-05-2009 06:38 PM

Defenitely will, and please let us know what you find out, that is indeed a scary flaw.

Aaron1121 08-05-2009 07:31 PM

This is sweet. They should just make it the opposite, so that when you hold the unlock button it will roll the windows down, and roll them back up when you lock it.